Other Resources My Cup of Joe » My new favorite piece of training gear Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2013-09-12 6:21 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: RE: My new favorite piece of training gear
Originally posted by cdban66
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by DanielG
Originally posted by Teejaay

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl OMG - where's TJ??  She NEEDS these!!! 

I love those!!! 

Well didn't find those but I did trip over: 75 Cute Cat Lady Essentials http://www.trendhunter.com/slideshow/cat-ladyWhich includes these: http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/kitty-garden-party-leggings

I'm going to need a top to go with these bad boys.

Was thinking maybe this: 

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

My eyes!

Not even as a joke. 

What is the matter with you people?

Just for the record, switch was the voice of reason here.

Even Stevie Wonder knows those ain't right. Wink

I'm pretty sure this is one of those cool kids things. I've always had respect for girls who can pull off stuff like this, but I'm not one of them. I appreciate fashion and different aesthetics, but I go for simple and fairly classic (boring) clothes.

2013-09-12 6:49 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Seattle

I love those!!! 

Well didn't find those but I did trip over: 75 Cute Cat Lady Essentials http://www.trendhunter.com/slideshow/cat-ladyWhich includes these: http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/kitty-garden-party-leggings

Was thinking maybe this: 

My eyes!

Not even as a joke. 

I'm pretty sure this is one of those cool kids things. I've always had respect for girls who can pull off stuff like this, but I'm not one of them. I appreciate fashion and different aesthetics, but I go for simple and fairly classic (boring) clothes.

Ah yeah, totally. You just wouldn't understand, I mean, having a printed paw appear to come out of your inseam is the definition of cool Wink

Actually, there is a little longer story. I have been pining after these shorts I saw a dude wearing:

Unfortunately they only come in mens and that just doesn't work for me. Anyway, after expressing my disappointment my partner listened sympathetically (no not really.)

Then we were at Target and she came running up with these in hand. I should have prefaced this with the fact we are total cat ladies. We have 3. Anyway, now I can combine my passions for cats, running and the galaxy ALL AT ONCE! And if being a cool kid is the fallout, well shooooot I will take it! Smile

2013-09-12 7:05 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
I bet if I looked long and hard enough I could find them at a street market here. If they sell them at Target, 90% chance they're made here or in China. But would I wear them? Uh....I love cats but.....Anyway, it's way too hot for tights. Maybe the dude shorts, though, if they had extra small.
2013-09-12 8:29 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Originally posted by popsracer

Oh, great, now I got this goin.  Thanks A LOT Steve

Salty, if anyone can rock those tights, you can.  Besides, I'm pretty sure all anyone will see is a blur of pussa as you go by.

Motor City Madman!! I grew up on that stuff.

And I ain't wearing no pussa pants...well unless I drink too much and someone dares me too.Smile

I don't know when, but I am coming out to Seattle, and you, Salty and I have a date to see if we can get you into these pants. Salty, you with me on this?

Too bad you guys aren't closer.  I've got a really fun relay event on the 21st.  We're in a mixed division run, mtb bike, road bike, trail run, and kayak.  My female runners bailed and I'm looking for a few speedy gals.  We were hoping for a podium finish. And there is a beer garden.  Hmmm..BT Space Cats...how's that for a team name. 

2013-09-12 8:44 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Oh, great, now I got this goin.  Thanks A LOT Steve

Salty, if anyone can rock those tights, you can.  Besides, I'm pretty sure all anyone will see is a blur of pussa as you go by.

Motor City Madman!! I grew up on that stuff.

And I ain't wearing no pussa pants...well unless I drink too much and someone dares me too.Smile

I don't know when, but I am coming out to Seattle, and you, Salty and I have a date to see if we can get you into these pants. Salty, you with me on this?

Too bad you guys aren't closer.  I've got a really fun relay event on the 21st.  We're in a mixed division run, mtb bike, road bike, trail run, and kayak.  My female runners bailed and I'm looking for a few speedy gals.  We were hoping for a podium finish. And there is a beer garden.  Hmmm..BT Space Cats...how's that for a team name. 

Man, I would do that in a nanosecond, though I'm not feeling too speedy these days. JD is gonna change all that though I don't have the tights but I've got kitty ears and a tail somewhere...
2013-09-12 9:13 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Well, I gotta admit they are cute.  But who the he11 approved the 80s leggings coming back?  I saw a girl today with a bright orange bra-top under an off-the-shoulder white sleeveless top.  Flashdance anyone?

Edited by bcraht 2013-09-12 9:13 PM

2013-09-12 9:45 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally post

ed by Asalzwed

I love those!!! 

Was thinking maybe this: 

My eyes!

Not even as a joke. 

Ah yeah, totally. You just wouldn't understand, I mean, having a printed paw appear to come out of your inseam is the definition of cool Wink

Actually, there is a little longer story. I have been pining after these shorts I saw a dude wearing:

Unfortunately they only come in mens and that just doesn't work for me. Anyway, after expressing my disappointment my partner listened sympathetically (no not really.)

Then we were at Target and she came running up with these in hand. I should have prefaced this with the fact we are total cat ladies. We have 3. Anyway, now I can combine my passions for cats, running and the galaxy ALL AT ONCE! And if being a cool kid is the fallout, well shooooot I will take it! Smile

OK, OK!  I can't resist. What is the story?  Why in the world would anyone want these hideous shorts?  (Have I mentioned that all of my gear is black and boring).  I know there is a happy medium.  I quite like the orange you've got on in your avi (my favorite color), but I can't make sense of the space shorts or the pussa pants.

---

Hotrunner--If you found these at a street vendor in China, what would they cost US dollahs?

2013-09-13 1:02 AM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
So we end up at Target tonight and space cats are completely sold out.  Sales staff said it is crazy popular and was all gone very quickly.  So we see this and am wondering if it's a suitable alternative.  What do you think??  

(cat.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
cat.jpg (8KB - 3 downloads)
2013-09-13 6:14 AM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by popsracer So we end up at Target tonight and space cats are completely sold out.  Sales staff said it is crazy popular and was all gone very quickly.  So we see this and am wondering if it's a suitable alternative.  What do you think??  

STEVE!  Hahahahahaha!

Do you have any idea how much use you can get outta that suit? 

Now, it's a different direction than space pussa, but awesome nonetheless:)

Btw, how far are you running, and how hot is that thing?

2013-09-13 6:37 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

OK, OK!  I can't resist. What is the story?  Why in the world would anyone want these hideous shorts(Have I mentioned that all of my gear is black and boring).  I know there is a happy medium.  I quite like the orange you've got on in your avi (my favorite color), but I can't make sense of the space shorts or the pussa pants.

---

Hotrunner--If you found these at a street vendor in China, what would they cost US dollahs?

Elesa, I have a theory that bright and hideous shoes/gear make you faster. I have been unable to truly test this theory, but it is a work in progress. I do know that *everyone* that finishes in front of me in our local 5K's is wearing really bright shoes.

2013-09-13 6:50 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

OK, OK!  I can't resist. What is the story?  Why in the world would anyone want these hideous shorts(Have I mentioned that all of my gear is black and boring).  I know there is a happy medium.  I quite like the orange you've got on in your avi (my favorite color), but I can't make sense of the space shorts or the pussa pants.

---

Elesa, I have a theory that bright and hideous shoes/gear make you faster. I have been unable to truly test this theory, but it is a work in progress. I do know that *everyone* that finishes in front of me in our local 5K's is wearing really bright shoes.

OK, I hear  you on this.  I think most of the racing flats are made in the trendy colors, and the trend right now is fluorescent, damn it (so bad, so, so bad). 

This crazy pattern/theme thing is different.

And I sound so old right now, really.  Do they make "get off my lawn" shorts?

2013-09-13 7:57 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

---

OK, I hear  you on this.  I think most of the racing flats are made in the trendy colors, and the trend right now is fluorescent, damn it (so bad, so, so bad). 

Oh yeah, I am so buying those. I want a shirt that says "Get outta my way, I'm older and better insured!"

2013-09-13 9:21 AM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

---

Don't know about shorts, but you could always race in these.  I got a feeling you would chick every guy in the race.

Get off My Lawn Gingerbread Man Classic Thong

2013-09-13 9:29 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by amd723

I'm hoping to shave minutes off of my marathon time training in these bad boys this winter:

Don't know if they will make you faster, but you may stun your competitors to such a degree that you will fly right past them (not that you actually need this help).

Baby kitties on your pants is just wrong on so many levels that I'm feeling ill.

Edited by StaceyK 2013-09-13 9:30 AM
2013-09-13 9:35 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

---

Maybe its not that we are old, but that we lived through the 80s and are still trying to erase some horrible fashion images from our minds. I think I saw a hyper colour T-shirt the other day and felt physically ill.
2013-09-13 10:02 AM

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

I love those!!! 

Was thinking maybe this: 

My eyes!

Not even as a joke. 

Is that a typo? Did you men to write that they don't come in mens sizes? I mean, why would womens shorts come in mens sizes?

2013-09-13 10:20 AM
in reply to: kevin_trapp

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by kevin_trapp

---

Don't know about shorts, but you could always race in these.  I got a feeling you would chick every guy in the race.

Get off My Lawn Gingerbread Man Classic Thong

I have a rule about no white racing gear.  Do they come in black?

2013-09-13 10:23 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by StaceyK

---

Maybe its not that we are old, but that we lived through the 80s and are still trying to erase some horrible fashion images from our minds. I think I saw a hyper colour T-shirt the other day and felt physically ill.

I think that really happens!  I was in a sporting goods store the other day and between the lights and all the day-glow clothes it literally made my eyes hurt.  I don't like bright lights anyway, but I found myself squinting.  Really, clothes shouldn't literally hurt your eyes.

I work in a college town and many times a day I think, "Really?  Again?  That was so bad the first time."  At least the hair isn't ratted and sprayed...yet.

2013-09-13 10:28 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
Target is the coolest!
2013-09-13 10:45 AM
in reply to: jford2309

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2013-09-13 11:26 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

Seattle

Originally posted by Hot Runner I bet if I looked long and hard enough I could find them at a street market here. If they sell them at Target, 90% chance they're made here or in China. But would I wear them? Uh....I love cats but.....Anyway, it's way too hot for tights. Maybe the dude shorts, though, if they had extra small.

If you do find it, could you buy me a bolt? I've apparently got some Christmas presents to make.

Elesa, you are 1" inseam shorts. 

2013-09-13 11:31 AM

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by Hot Runner I bet if I looked long and hard enough I could find them at a street market here. If they sell them at Target, 90% chance they're made here or in China. But would I wear them? Uh....I love cats but.....Anyway, it's way too hot for tights. Maybe the dude shorts, though, if they had extra small.

If you do find it, could you buy me a bolt? I've apparently got some Christmas presents to make.

If you make them, I will wear them proudly--with lots of lube.
2013-09-13 11:35 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

Master
Englewood, Florida
Originally posted by StaceyK

---

Say what you will, but I do think the 80's fashions wins out when it comes to the fit of blue jeans. Every person I see now a days I want to tell them  "I don't need to see your boxers, pull up your pants and buy a belt."

And get off my lawn.

2013-09-13 11:36 AM

Master
Englewood, Florida

Your new avi?????

2013-09-13 11:39 AM

Regular
LHOTP

Your new avi?????

don't tempt me Chris
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » My new favorite piece of training gear Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

My new favorite piece of paper!!!

Started by Thomasski
Views: 1876 Posts: 24

2011-08-29 3:11 PM twomarks

What is your favorite Tri Gear websites

Started by Livestrong191
Views: 875 Posts: 11

2010-01-06 2:45 PM mmrocker13

Extra piece of saftey gear

Started by TexTriGuy
Views: 889 Posts: 10

2009-03-11 6:59 AM Silver_wlf

What's your favorite "new"classic/ cult movie? Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by gullahcracker
Views: 2841 Posts: 82

2005-12-07 8:20 AM Opus

My New Favorite Beer :-)

Started by RGRBILL
Views: 986 Posts: 13

2005-02-02 11:11 PM Spanner
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 21, 2012
author : gplitt
comments : 0
A satire on magazines advertising expensive gear we can't afford and certainly don't need.

date : July 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
Third in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries
date : June 29, 2011
comments : 4
Second in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries

date : April 12, 2011
author : FitWerx
How should I be shifting gears on the front chainring and the rear cogs to cope with hills?
date : January 1, 2011
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : December 31, 2009
author : Ron
comments : 8
Where do I start? What equipment do I need? How do I train? This article will serve as your 'Where do I start?' guide with several triathlon training schedules included below.
date : March 5, 2009
author : mrakes1
Discussions on an eating plan to lose weight, lean protein sources, being hungry, recovery foods, eggs and Marni's favorite supplements.

date : December 27, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 5
Are you a new swimmer starting your triathlon training? Here are some top answers to member questions as you begin your triathlon swim training.