Other Resources My Cup of Joe » OK, so now tell us about your fails and general lack of talent. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2013-09-18 6:06 PM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC
Subject: RE: OK, so now tell us about your fails and general lack of talent.
Originally posted by briderdt

Navigating in the car. I truly SUCK at finding someplace when I'm driving. Thank GOD for smartphones and map/nav apps.

Now out in the woods, I can find my way anywhere -- I have a GREAT sense of direction in the wilderness. Put me in a wheeled metal box, though, and all bets are off.

This is totally me. I seem to get turned around easily, but then when I go mountain biking I can always figure out where I am and how to get back. Others tell me that the trails are confusing, but I seem to know.

2013-09-18 7:09 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Subject: RE: OK, so now tell us about your fails and general lack of talent.
Pretty much most things, especially those involving

*Coordination, especially eye-hand coordination. Does not exist. Transitions are the hardest part of tri for me, because I keep dropping stuff. I often can't read my own handwriting. I can barely roll down my car window while driving.

*Short term memory of any useful information, particularly if it's something I've been told rather than something I read/saw. Zero. I only remember useless things, and things I'd rather forget. On the plus side, I have a great visual memory---almost never get lost, know thousands of Chinese characters, remember stuff after reading it once, and can recognize all my former students, even if I don't have a clue what their names are.

*Being social in large gatherings. I would rather do an Ironman or ultra on no training than a cocktail party. Related to...
*Having to come up with anything witty/intelligent to say about anything on the spur of the moment. I think slowly. Probably not that smart but definitely smarter than I would appear in those situations. Alcohol does not improve matters in my case, only makes me slower!

Endurance sports work well for me--minimal coordination required, and you're breathing too hard to talk most of the time, anyway.

Edited by Hot Runner 2013-09-18 7:09 PM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » OK, so now tell us about your fails and general lack of talent. Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Twerk Fail Fail

Started by tuwood
Views: 939 Posts: 5

2013-09-11 10:51 AM cnsegura

Ok, people, tell me about Boston Pages: 1 2 3

Started by GatorGirl22
Views: 2189 Posts: 69

2008-03-21 1:12 PM marmadaddy

Tell us about your coaches...

Started by Josh_Berman
Views: 761 Posts: 9

2007-06-17 9:50 AM Whizzzzz

"U.S. general: Iraqis botched it" ...

Started by CptnJackSparrow
Views: 648 Posts: 17

2007-01-03 3:51 PM Scout7

tell us something we don't already know Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by autumn
Views: 4195 Posts: 125

2006-11-10 10:15 AM MomX3
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 15, 2013
author : writingrunner
comments : 1
The science behind the reasons that triathlons make us feel so good.

date : January 9, 2013
author : MultisportWorld
comments : 0
Jarrod Shoemaker, 2012 US Elite National Champion, discusses the importance of recovery for injury prevention.
date : March 14, 2010
author : Team BT
Part two covers protein after workouts, caffeine usage during racing, the reason for muscle fatigue and general nutrition guidelines.

date : August 20, 2008
author : mrakes1
During this past weekend's Olympic distance triathlon, lack of fuel and dehydration hurt me during the run. I feel a little lost with knowing what, when and how much to consume.
date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 1
Information compiled on various plans from the most common user questions.

date : October 30, 2005
author : boneyard
When you can't catch a breath on the swim and your equipment fails, keep trying!!
date : September 3, 2005
author : bflrich
You’re probably not going to get it just right immediately. Like always, just do the best you can and keep on keeping on. Don’t get upset if you don’t hit the target every time.

date : August 31, 2004
author : Ron
Everything you want to know (and then some).