of 7

2013-09-25 7:25 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2013-09-25 9:45 PM
in reply to: Fred D

Pro
Subject: RE: Did anyone else see this blog ?
Originally posted by Fred D
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by chirunner134 Funny the more I watch the video the more I think she is clearly in the wrong. In fact she goes and runs on the far side after she got hit. If she was in the correct lane why would she headed that direction anyways.

I heard she was drunk.

. Was that in someone's blog?

Who can tell anymore? Laughing  

2013-09-25 9:57 PM

Expert
Greenville, SC

Originally posted by chirunner134 Funny the more I watch the video the more I think she is clearly in the wrong. In fact she goes and runs on the far side after she got hit. If she was in the correct lane why would she headed that direction anyways.

I heard she was drunk.

. Was that in someone's blog?

Who can tell anymore? Laughing  

i read in one that she probably was. its been edited though

2013-09-25 10:03 PM
in reply to: 0

Expert
Greenville, SC

Originally posted by Khyron
Originally posted by wannabefasterThe post from the woman involved in the collision (also since deleted from the blog) where she called the other combatant a narcissist was pretty impressive as well. He may very well be a narcissist but it wasn't too difficult for her to recognize the personality disorder.......
You need to see her finish chute photos. Unreal.
. Where can one find those? Yes watching train wrecks is something I do....

here are her pics.

http://www.backprint.com/view_user_event.asp?PID=bp%1ErCs&EVENTID=119156&PWD=0&BIB=735

passed the guy in the chute with her and ruined any pic he may have wanted.

Edited by Clempson 2013-09-25 10:04 PM
2013-09-25 11:26 PM
in reply to: Khyron

Elite
Spokane, WA
This thread makes me sad
2013-09-25 11:38 PM
in reply to: Clempson

Extreme Veteran
Tucson
Originally posted by Clempson

Originally posted by wannabefasterThe post from the woman involved in the collision (also since deleted from the blog) where she called the other combatant a narcissist was pretty impressive as well. He may very well be a narcissist but it wasn't too difficult for her to recognize the personality disorder.......

here are her pics.

http://www.backprint.com/view_user_event.asp?PID=bp%1ErCs&EVENTID=119156&PWD=0&BIB=735

What's the deal with all the kids? Is that legal?

2013-09-26 6:36 AM

Payson, AZ

here are her pics.

Did you validate that he didn't get any pictures?  Totally looks like he held back and would have been able to get pictures on his own to me.  Have we learned nothing from this thread and trial by fire with no evidence and just pure conjecture? 

2013-09-26 9:49 AM
in reply to: bzgl40

Regular
Jenison, MI
I can tell you, from my standpoint, I would be completely apologetic. That is...if I were her. I once had a slight mishap on a bike coming out of transition, and ended up nearly causing an accident. Totally my fault, but thankfully it was right by transition and the person coming the other way was able to get around me without much problem. I ended up nearly falling off my bike, unclipped my shoes, etc, and I deserved it (I hit the wrong button on my watch, looked down to fix it, and swerved...like I said, my fault). To this day, I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I think of it, even though nothing happened, but I know I nearly affected someone else's race. She nearly affected his race time (and did affect the outcome in a major way with the DQ), because she was over talking to her family and not paying attention. Granted, she has her own race to run just like he does, but *not* at his expense.

The guy has completed roughly 70.2 miles, is giving everything he has to finish hard into the chute, and he is given very little room to get around a participant who is going the wrong way and not looking at what she is doing? Per the video, he runs into her (which could also be viewed as her running into him - he was indeed going the right direction). This video is just damning for her, if this is exactly what happened. Beyond that, why did *none* of her fans yell "look out!"? She backs completely across his path. I can see why he was running near the yellow line, as she starts near the side and he is likely just trying to get around the inconsiderate participant who is not paying attention. She starts backing across the lane, but I'm not sure I would have darted towards the edge of the road either, if I were him. He's tired, probably not thinking straight from effort levels, and has only instants to decide which way to go. It certainly doesn't appear that he tries to smack her. The only thing we can't tell is if he throws his arm into her a little extra hard because he is pissed. If somehow USAT determined that he is taking an extra shot at her out of anger, I can see it...but from the video posted here, it certainly looks *far* from that!

So, near the finish line of a grueling race (for me any race is grueling, but a HIM? definitely grueling), when he is doing well (2nd in an AG at a USAT HIM is fantastic), he should stop to make sure she is okay when she didn't even get knocked down? No thanks. If he knocked her down, sure, take a look back, help her up, etc. However, this should've been a non incident.

I feel bad for this guy. I feel bad for her, too, but her comment was ridiculous, and certainly didn't evoke my sympathies.
2013-09-26 11:23 AM
in reply to: bzgl40

Originally posted by bzgl40

here are her pics.

Did you validate that he didn't get any pictures?  Totally looks like he held back and would have been able to get pictures on his own to me.  Have we learned nothing from this thread and trial by fire with no evidence and just pure conjecture? 

arent you guilty of accusing others of what you just did?

BTW, I am SURE every HIM finisher wants his finish line photo to be populated with schoolchildren so he has to answer the question of how tough coukd it be if a dozen kids can finish it without even breaking a sweat.
2013-09-26 11:46 AM
in reply to: SeeVee

Expert
Boise, ID

Wow she is one incredible narcissist. Lets go over the broken rules here.

1. Crosses a course line to the left.

2. Accepts outside aid.

3. Allows kids into the finish chute.

She was clearly in the wrong and it appears she thought the entire race was put on for her sole benefit and enjoyment. She and the blogger have a lot of nerve IMO. And what the RD said makes zero sense and does not jive with the video. Oh and the DQ was BS. She should have been Dq'ed for above violations. 

2013-09-26 12:02 PM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

Master
Livonia, MI

Originally posted by MSU_Brad I can tell you, from my standpoint, I would be completely apologetic. That is...if I were her. I once had a slight mishap on a bike coming out of transition, and ended up nearly causing an accident. Totally my fault, but thankfully it was right by transition and the person coming the other way was able to get around me without much problem. I ended up nearly falling off my bike, unclipped my shoes, etc, and I deserved it (I hit the wrong button on my watch, looked down to fix it, and swerved...like I said, my fault). To this day, I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I think of it, even though nothing happened, but I know I nearly affected someone else's race. She nearly affected his race time (and did affect the outcome in a major way with the DQ), because she was over talking to her family and not paying attention. Granted, she has her own race to run just like he does, but *not* at his expense. The guy has completed roughly 70.2 miles, is giving everything he has to finish hard into the chute, and he is given very little room to get around a participant who is going the wrong way and not looking at what she is doing? Per the video, he runs into her (which could also be viewed as her running into him - he was indeed going the right direction). This video is just damning for her, if this is exactly what happened. Beyond that, why did *none* of her fans yell "look out!"? She backs completely across his path. I can see why he was running near the yellow line, as she starts near the side and he is likely just trying to get around the inconsiderate participant who is not paying attention. She starts backing across the lane, but I'm not sure I would have darted towards the edge of the road either, if I were him. He's tired, probably not thinking straight from effort levels, and has only instants to decide which way to go. It certainly doesn't appear that he tries to smack her. The only thing we can't tell is if he throws his arm into her a little extra hard because he is pissed. If somehow USAT determined that he is taking an extra shot at her out of anger, I can see it...but from the video posted here, it certainly looks *far* from that! So, near the finish line of a grueling race (for me any race is grueling, but a HIM? definitely grueling), when he is doing well (2nd in an AG at a USAT HIM is fantastic), he should stop to make sure she is okay when she didn't even get knocked down? No thanks. If he knocked her down, sure, take a look back, help her up, etc. However, this should've been a non incident. I feel bad for this guy. I feel bad for her, too, but her comment was ridiculous, and certainly didn't evoke my sympathies.

Well said Brad.  After the collision, he was probably thinking she owed HIM an apology for being in the wrong lane, facing the wrong way as he simply followed the natural line along with the rest of the racers to the finish.  And then to find out that not only was she not sorry but instead HE was being called into question?  No wonder he didn't apologize to her.

And for them to DQ him while turning a blind eye to her violations?  Seems very hypocritical to me.

2013-09-26 12:23 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

St Catharines, Ontario
Bloody women drivers.
2013-09-26 7:10 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

Extreme Veteran
Cypress, TX
Originally posted by noelle1230

Originally posted by MSU_Brad I can tell you, from my standpoint, I would be completely apologetic. That is...if I were her. I once had a slight mishap on a bike coming out of transition, and ended up nearly causing an accident. Totally my fault, but thankfully it was right by transition and the person coming the other way was able to get around me without much problem. I ended up nearly falling off my bike, unclipped my shoes, etc, and I deserved it (I hit the wrong button on my watch, looked down to fix it, and swerved...like I said, my fault). To this day, I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I think of it, even though nothing happened, but I know I nearly affected someone else's race. She nearly affected his race time (and did affect the outcome in a major way with the DQ), because she was over talking to her family and not paying attention. Granted, she has her own race to run just like he does, but *not* at his expense. The guy has completed roughly 70.2 miles, is giving everything he has to finish hard into the chute, and he is given very little room to get around a participant who is going the wrong way and not looking at what she is doing? Per the video, he runs into her (which could also be viewed as her running into him - he was indeed going the right direction). This video is just damning for her, if this is exactly what happened. Beyond that, why did *none* of her fans yell "look out!"? She backs completely across his path. I can see why he was running near the yellow line, as she starts near the side and he is likely just trying to get around the inconsiderate participant who is not paying attention. She starts backing across the lane, but I'm not sure I would have darted towards the edge of the road either, if I were him. He's tired, probably not thinking straight from effort levels, and has only instants to decide which way to go. It certainly doesn't appear that he tries to smack her. The only thing we can't tell is if he throws his arm into her a little extra hard because he is pissed. If somehow USAT determined that he is taking an extra shot at her out of anger, I can see it...but from the video posted here, it certainly looks *far* from that! So, near the finish line of a grueling race (for me any race is grueling, but a HIM? definitely grueling), when he is doing well (2nd in an AG at a USAT HIM is fantastic), he should stop to make sure she is okay when she didn't even get knocked down? No thanks. If he knocked her down, sure, take a look back, help her up, etc. However, this should've been a non incident. I feel bad for this guy. I feel bad for her, too, but her comment was ridiculous, and certainly didn't evoke my sympathies.

Well said Brad.  After the collision, he was probably thinking she owed HIM an apology for being in the wrong lane, facing the wrong way as he simply followed the natural line along with the rest of the racers to the finish.  And then to find out that not only was she not sorry but instead HE was being called into question?  No wonder he didn't apologize to her.

And for them to DQ him while turning a blind eye to her violations?  Seems very hypocritical to me.

The problem with both of your arguments is that he was actually in the wrong lane and she was in the correct lane.  The course has a backwards layout at the section of the course because of where the transition area was (T2 was to the left where she was coming from).  People coming out of T2 were told to run in the left lane and the finishers were told to run in the right lane to avoid runners crossing each other.  There was some apparent confusion because us Americans aren't used to driving/running/walking on the left side of anything so there were people in the wrong lanes.  Nevertheless, she was in the correct lane and he was not.

2013-09-26 7:31 PM
in reply to: GMAN 19030

Expert
Greenville, SC
i think this thread is only still alive because people are boosting their post count.
2013-09-26 8:23 PM

NC

i think this thread is only still alive because people are boosting their post count.

Bump.
2013-09-26 8:24 PM
in reply to: Goosedog

Pro
I think it happened.

2013-09-26 8:30 PM

Master
2013-09-26 8:31 PM
in reply to: pschriver

Expert
Greenville, SC
2013-09-26 8:33 PM

Regular
LHOTP
Has anybody mentioned that she's hot yet?
2013-09-26 8:34 PM

Regular
LHOTP

Purposeful DP

2013-09-26 8:34 PM
in reply to: switch

Expert
Greenville, SC

Originally posted by switch Has anybody mentioned that she's hot yet?

Undecided

2013-09-26 8:35 PM

Expert
Greenville, SC
Originally posted by switch

Purposeful DP

i see what you did there.

2013-09-26 8:43 PM

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by switch

Purposeful DP

i see what you did there.

What??

2013-09-26 8:45 PM

Pro

I couldn't tell, it looked like she got punched in the face or something.

2013-09-26 8:52 PM

Regular
LHOTP

I couldn't tell, it looked like she got punched in the face or something.

But, but that smile?!

She must have liked it.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Did anyone else see this blog ? Rss Feed  

of 7

RELATED POSTS

Anyone doing/done the Santa Rosa Island Tri or Destin Crab Trap Tri

Started by pilotzs
Views: 1646 Posts: 5

2013-05-28 5:00 PM tacetman

Spirit of the Marathon - anyone seen this movie?

Started by CalgaryRunner
Views: 1283 Posts: 12

2008-04-08 12:05 PM popsracer

Anyone seen the egg doing the triathlon commercial?

Started by Afletcher
Views: 1093 Posts: 3

2007-09-11 11:52 PM davidb

Has anyone seen my desire to train

Started by kalumbaugh
Views: 1401 Posts: 17

2006-06-02 7:40 AM Stone

Anyone seen this piece of training equipment ?

Started by lincsguyus
Views: 1137 Posts: 16

2004-09-30 8:40 AM lincsguyus
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 28, 2011
author : fivecents
comments : 5
What my first sprint distance triathlon taught me about myself.

date : December 24, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Discussions on indoor cycling drills such as one legged drills and power intervals. Also we discuss how many half Ironman races should be done before your first full Ironman.
date : October 7, 2008
author : Coach AJ
I'm going to let you in on how to get faster by doing nothing. Well, not exactly nothing, but you won't have to raise your heart rate, put out 300 watts, or really even break a sweat.

date : August 17, 2007
author : scoli121
comments : 6
I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"
date : April 19, 2005
author : Ron
How to configure and use your triathlon training log or blog.