Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-09-18 6:11 PM
in reply to: JohnnyKay

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Challenge USA-Atlantic City
Originally posted by JohnnyKay

Originally posted by joncolby Anyone have a guess on the bike route? Elevation gains?

No guess on route.  But F-L-A-T.

Mostly. There will be some bridges to get onto the mainland. The Somers Point bridge is not much fun, but the shore is as flat as it gets. I should really do this, it's close and I have a place to stay down there.

2013-09-18 7:11 PM
in reply to: TheClaaaw

User image

Originally posted by TheClaaaw
Originally posted by stilgarnaib
Originally posted by dmbfan4life20I will wait until I see the announcement on Wednesday but sounds pretty cool. I am interested to see if they decide to do an ocean swim or keep it in the protected bay area that the AC triathlon uses. With a June event, this could serve as a great Aqua-Velo tune up before IMMT in August, just need to find me a runner!

Funny, I am thinking the exact same thing. I am trying to put together a relay team on facebook. After tagging people in a post, I think I have two whole teams built. This shall be great fun!

if I don't do the full distance, (must check with wifey and 4 month old) I might be up for a run down the boards?

Ok, Chris and Matt, you guys need to find me on facebook. I started a thread to put together a relay team, inviting some runners, triatheles, and the rarest of unicorns: swimmers.... We have the potential for 3-4 teams going on. This is fun. They official announcement is this afternoon.

aalso, another leaked source outs the date later Joanne. June 28, a Saturday. But we'll find out for sure soon. I secured a spot in pre-registration, hope that counts for relays.

What kind of time are you looking to get out of the swim?
2013-09-19 7:50 AM
in reply to: MLPFS

User image

Pro

Course info is up: Challenge Atlantic City

I've done most of this run before. There's no chance to preview the bike as it's on the AC Expressway and Route 30. That should pose some interesting logistics for shore traffic. I've raced in Hammonton and Mullica before, it's completely flat and there is some nice scenery. The swim should be OK.

2013-09-19 7:54 AM
in reply to: MLPFS

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Originally posted by MLPFS

Originally posted by stilgarnaib
Originally posted by dmbfan4life20I will wait until I see the announcement on Wednesday but sounds pretty cool. I am interested to see if they decide to do an ocean swim or keep it in the protected bay area that the AC triathlon uses. With a June event, this could serve as a great Aqua-Velo tune up before IMMT in August, just need to find me a runner!

Funny, I am thinking the exact same thing. I am trying to put together a relay team on facebook. After tagging people in a post, I think I have two whole teams built. This shall be great fun!

if I don't do the full distance, (must check with wifey and 4 month old) I might be up for a run down the boards?

Ok, Chris and Matt, you guys need to find me on facebook. I started a thread to put together a relay team, inviting some runners, triatheles, and the rarest of unicorns: swimmers.... We have the potential for 3-4 teams going on. This is fun. They official announcement is this afternoon.

aalso, another leaked source outs the date later Joanne. June 28, a Saturday. But we'll find out for sure soon. I secured a spot in pre-registration, hope that counts for relays.

What kind of time are you looking to get out of the swim?

None of us are putting together podium-contending teams. I am waiting to see if a swimmer from NyC is going to sign up with our second team. Mine is set. Pm me with your Facebook info and I'll get you in the conversation.

2013-09-19 9:51 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Shawnee, KS
I moved away from Philly about 10 years ago. I havent been back since. This might be a god excuse to show the wife and kids the area for the first time.
2013-09-19 12:22 PM
in reply to: joncolby

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
I really want to do this but I dont know if I can justify spending another $200-$400 to be part of a relay team. Guess I will have to wait and see how it goes. Anyone think this is going to sell out in a day??

2013-09-19 1:42 PM
in reply to: dmbfan4life20

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Originally posted by dmbfan4life20

I really want to do this but I dont know if I can justify spending another $200-$400 to be part of a relay team. Guess I will have to wait and see how it goes. Anyone think this is going to sell out in a day??

I doubt it really. But, I would bet on a lot of interest in relays, since most people gearing up for an IM in 2014 probably have their race picked, and may use it for a partial tune-up. Like you and I are thinking. I wouldn't be shocked if the 100 relay spots go before the 1500 individual this year. More of a clamor for people to be a piece of the first one, but not ready for the whole thing.

My team is officially registered. I'm doing the cycle. My swimmer and runner are both from Pittsburgh, both named Sarah, i named the team "The Sarah Sandwich."

2013-09-20 9:10 AM

Champion
No excuses!
I am in!!!

Anyone else?

We need to get a group thread together in the iron distance section
2013-09-20 10:05 AM
in reply to: Shermbelle

User image

Champion
MA

Looking at putting a team or two together to do the relay.

Anyone interested?

2013-09-20 10:05 AM

User image

Veteran

Originally posted by dmbfan4life20

I doubt it really. But, I would bet on a lot of interest in relays, since most people gearing up for an IM in 2014 probably have their race picked, and may use it for a partial tune-up. Like you and I are thinking. I wouldn't be shocked if the 100 relay spots go before the 1500 individual this year. More of a clamor for people to be a piece of the first one, but not ready for the whole thing.

My team is officially registered. I'm doing the cycle. My swimmer and runner are both from Pittsburgh, both named Sarah, i named the team "The Sarah Sandwich."

thats funny
2013-09-23 10:43 AM
in reply to: stilgarnaib

User image

New user
Philadelphia
I did Ironman Louisville this year, my first ever. I hadn't intended on doing another Iron distance race until summer of 2015 but I signed up for the individual for the following reasons:

1- Relatively local to me (I'm in Philly area and go to NJ beach during the summer and have a place to stay)
2- The refund policy gives me an out with little cost if I find I'm not ready.
3- Nice to support another "brand" other than Ironman. Not that I didn't love my first Ironman, just like to see some competition in the market to keep pricing down/reasonable.

I am really looking forward to this. Another iron distance race without alot of added costs (hotel, transportation...). I hear they put on an incredible race though. WTC was a first class operation for sure, I will be interested to see how they compare.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Challenge USA-Atlantic City Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Atlantic city triathlon - getting there

Started by kylster
Views: 971 Posts: 3

2012-08-16 4:16 PM kylster

Atlantic city Marathon

Started by Kermat89
Views: 535 Posts: 1

2012-04-26 11:36 AM Kermat89

Atlantic city triathlon

Started by carter28
Views: 712 Posts: 1

2012-02-09 9:25 AM carter28

More bike-friendly cities in the USA

Started by swishyskirt
Views: 1328 Posts: 16

2007-09-05 6:58 PM mmakbenton

Brigantine Tri Atlantic City

Started by tydarby
Views: 685 Posts: 2

2005-08-04 11:15 AM TRIBMAC
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 15, 2012
author : USATriathlon
comments : 1
This USAT Rules Clinic will help you avoid penalties. Topics discussed will be rules of the transition area, drafting penalties, the drafting zone, challenging penalties and more.

date : March 29, 2011
author : USATriathlon
comments : 1
Robert Vigorito, the Mid-Atlantic Council Chair, discusses USAT and some of it's initiatives in 2011
date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.

date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.
date : January 7, 2007
comments : 4
We were all there once, a beginner. Time to take the challenge and help a beginner triathlete!

date : March 5, 2006
Most triathlons in America are held under USA Triathlon sanctioning. Last year I finally got a national ranking. Here are a few reasons to join.
date : November 27, 2005
author : AMSSM
Try to view your injury as another athletic challenge and an opportunity for personal learning and growth. Identify the skills that help you succeed as an athlete.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.