General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Bontrager Aeolus 5.0 CC PT+ Wheelset with aero cover and joule $700 OBO Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-17 10:58 AM

Davenport
Subject: Bontrager Aeolus 5.0 CC PT+ Wheelset with aero cover and joule $700 OBO
For sale is a used set of bontrager Aeolus 5.0 carbon clinchers with a powertap 2.4+ (ant+) and a paired joule. The front wheel is in good condition, rolls smooth with no major scratches or dents, just typically wear. The joule is the new version (not GPS) and is paired and works great and holds the battery charge well. The powertap works great and I haven't had any issues with it, just changed the batteries a month ago.

FULL DISCLOSURE:
During my first training ride for IMLT, I flatted on the brockway decent and it tore up the rear wheel. I took it to the shops and they can't fix the carbon however could lace it to a new rim or send it to bontrager and they can lace it up (or any handy shop/home mechanic can!). The spokes and powertap are perfectly fine as I didn't crash, just scrapped the wheel while coming to a stop. Please look at the pictures for further details. Please think of this sale as getting a front carbon clincher in great working order, a powertap hub, a wheel builder cover for the powertap hub on a 50mm rim, and a joule. The rear wheel will need to be rebuilt in order to ride. You could most likely use the spokes too as they are in great condition. The only reason I'm not having it laced to a new rim is thinking about switching to crank based pt for next season.

I am at IMLT already and will be here until next Monday, sept 23. I'm staying in incline village and can meet if you'd like. I'll also ship CONUS. I'm asking $700 shipped but will accept any reasonable offer! That will include front wheel, rear wheel, aero cover, joule and joule mounting clips (both the zip tie one and the barfly style one for road bars). If so desired I also have slightly used Swiss stop yellow brake pads I could include.

(photo_2.jpg)

(photo_3.jpg)

(photo_4.jpg)

(photo (1).jpg)

(photo_1.jpg)

(photo.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
photo_2.jpg (705KB - 17 downloads)
photo_3.jpg (769KB - 13 downloads)
photo_4.jpg (1303KB - 10 downloads)
photo (1).jpg (656KB - 9 downloads)
photo_1.jpg (860KB - 13 downloads)
photo.jpg (506KB - 8 downloads)

2013-10-27 2:55 PM
in reply to: nscott1463

New user

Subject: RE: Bontrager Aeolus 5.0 CC PT+ Wheelset with aero cover and joule $700 OBO
did you sell theses items ??
I'm going to miami on november
2013-10-27 2:57 PM
in reply to: #4857641

Davenport
Subject: RE: Bontrager Aeolus 5.0 CC PT+ Wheelset with aero cover and joule $700 OBO
I still have the front and rear wheel, the joule and disc cover have sold however. shoot my a pm if interested!
Sell Gear
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Bontrager Aeolus 5.0 CC PT+ Wheelset with aero cover and joule $700 OBO Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

WTT Aeolus 5.0 CC set w/PT for deep/disc PT

Started by nscott1463
Views: 603 Posts: 1

2013-01-11 1:34 PM nscott1463

Bontrager Aeolus 5.0 - WTB

Started by Honey~Badger
Views: 720 Posts: 1

2012-07-19 5:44 PM Honey~Badger

Bontrager Aeolus 5.0 - $

Started by trinrun
Views: 687 Posts: 1

2012-02-19 1:50 PM trinrun

Flash Point FP60 with New Bontrager XXX Light tires and wheel cover- $700

Started by pauljra
Views: 1189 Posts: 2

2011-08-08 12:01 PM lestat832

Bontrager Aelous 5.0 Clincher Set with PT - $1,900

Started by SSMinnow
Views: 1034 Posts: 2

2011-06-10 1:27 PM nlottig
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 18, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 1
What is the best way to carry fluid on your bike in a triathlon?

date : March 24, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
What should I consider when adding aero bars? What are good brands? Are there pitfalls to be aware of? How can I adjust them to fit me?
date : July 12, 2009
comments : 2
I have Bontrager Race Lite wheels. I was looking into renting Zipp 303's or 404's for race day for Ironman Lake Placid. What time will I save?

date : October 8, 2008
comments : 2
What kind of time difference would one expect in changing from a road bike with aerobars to a tri bike with aerobars over a HIM distance if using the same wheelset?
date : April 14, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Need a high-performance wheel upgrade? Watch the review of the Specialized Roval Rapide Carbon Clincher wheelset which turned out to be an excellent all-around wheelset for both training and racing.

date : December 11, 2007
author : AMSSM
I have had chronic Achilles tendonitis problems for a good portion of my life. I am wondering if this can ever go away, or if there is a surgery that can be done?
date : April 13, 2007
author : B-One
comments : 8
This article estimates how much time can be saved in sprint races by converting from stock aero wheels found on most tri bikes to more aero disk and composite spoked wheels.

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
Drafting, open water swimming, hydration bricks and aero bar tips for your first Olympic triathlon race.