General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Triathletes/Clubs near Schaumburg? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-17 1:50 PM

, California
Subject: Triathletes/Clubs near Schaumburg?
I live in Schaumburg and am new to Triathlons. I see there are a ton of clubs in Chicago, but is there anything local here? I'm looking for group rides and runs, as well as swimming coaching and just general community.
I'm 29, live in Schaumburg, strong bike rider (i think), not a great runner, and terrible swimmer

I did see there was a place called
Suburban Multisport Triathlon Team
In Elk Grove, but it looks like the site has been taken down. I work in Wood Dale so Elk Grove would be convenient.

Is Schaumburg a Triathlon Club Desert?

2013-09-17 2:46 PM
in reply to: cbr shadow

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Triathletes/Clubs near Schaumburg?
I also live in Schaumburg and I don't know of any Schaumburg-specific tri clubs. There are quite a few in the surrounding areas. There are also quite a few bike groups around too, but I mainly go solo.

I was half-tempted to start a Meetup Group for this area.......
2013-09-17 2:52 PM

User image

Veteran
Illinois
I live in Arlington Heights.

I swim with Alligator Aquatics, and the winter masters program just started; we swim on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays in the mornings at St. Viator High School. It's more a structured work-out than coaching. In the summer, we have long-course at Rec Pool in Arlington Heights. And don't worry, your probably not slower than me

I am also a member of the Wheeling Wheelmen, which rides out of Long Grove and Paul Douglas Forest Preserve (and other places).

There's also Arlington Heights Bicycle Club.

I think there may be a masters group out of LIfetime Fitness in Schaumburg as well.

There's also Alpine Runners out of Lake Zurich, and Arlington Trotters, for running.

Together We Tri operates out of Glenview, but that's more a coaching/training program. Vision Quest coaching operates out of Highland Park.

I've been idly thinking about starting a recreational tri club in the NW suburbs, since it seems that all the pieces are already there, they just need to link up, but I haven't taken any steps toward it.
2013-09-18 9:02 AM
in reply to: mirthfuldragon

, California
Well lets start a meetup and get some group rides going around here
I just set up a computrainer room and would love to have someone to join me in the cold months on my 2nd trainer.
2013-10-16 1:49 PM

User image

Schaumburg
I'm in Schaumburg as well. Normally ride/run solo or with one other buddy who lives next door. I swim at the Buehler Y and am considering their Triathlon group when the membership information comes out for next year. I'd be down for some indoor workouts, but I don't really have any space to do it (small apt) but I do have some rollers=portable.

There is also Dick Pond's Monday night runs for their track/run group which I am going to the next chance I get.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Triathletes/Clubs near Schaumburg? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Anyone doing the Schaumburg 13.1?

Started by mcgilmartin
Views: 1540 Posts: 12

2012-11-26 3:18 PM mcgilmartin

Schaumburg, IL area

Started by Curtisb
Views: 1557 Posts: 8

2012-04-09 8:11 PM Curtisb

Tri club near Rosselle IL.

Started by HIRLR17
Views: 943 Posts: 3

2009-12-30 11:37 PM Steve-

Splash and Dash Schaumburg

Started by Sailing Hot Dog
Views: 2002 Posts: 9

2009-07-17 7:03 AM FurnaceM3

Gym near Northwestern Memorial Hospital?

Started by Cappy
Views: 2627 Posts: 5

2008-02-27 10:16 AM Cappy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 6, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
The pros and cons of training with a group or training partner

date : March 10, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Tinley on triathlon, aging, and the attitude of a masters athlete
date : December 17, 2007
author : Diane1961
comments : 2
The Monday after the race, I go to my health club for my first Pilates class in six years. I look like the fittest person here. Fortunately, I don’t mention to anyone that I’m a triathlete.

date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
Just because it makes you want to cheer, here are some more video clips.

date : January 1, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
Inclusion is the key, with elements of the ride fulfilling the training and social needs of 95% of the membership. We have found that course selection, leadership have been the keys.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.

date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.