General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BTers help me get motivated again Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-09-25 8:06 AM
in reply to: KathyG

User image

Expert
Apex, NC
Subject: RE: BTers help me get motivated again
Shift gears to something different. Set a new goal. Buy a mountain bike and go play in the woods. Play in that kayak.

I too struggle with lack of motivation at times. I was at my running peak in 2009/2010, and have seen a dramatic decline in the past 2 years. It takes so long to recover from hard efforts, and I haven't run "long" since a January marathon. So now, I accept that I am a 7x marathoner (including Boston '10), and am encouraging my sons to pick up an athletic hobby. I can still outrun them (for now), but the time rapidly approaches where they will outrun me

I challenged myself to try a few new things. On a family vacation to Yellowstone this year, I rented a mountain bike, and rode about 25 miles of the Continental Divide Trail, the same one from the movie "Ride the Divide". It was exhilarating. During a recent weekend trip to the beach, my wife and I rode standup-paddleboards, and had a blast. Also, if I owned a kayak, I'd find a way to take it out at least 3 times/week, as that is a rush on a sound or lake. I can't imagine how fun it would be in a river.

I like the personal trainer idea, but maybe couple that with something that challenges your mind like triathlon does. Flying lessons? Take up a new musical instrument? Your likes include:
The discipline of training -----flying lessons, musical instrument, ding ding
Following a plan (I used a coach for 6 years)-----personal trainer
Detail, technical aspects of sport------flying, mountain biking, river kayaking

Just my unprofessional $0.02. Hang in there.

2013-09-25 8:38 AM

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
Hey Kathy - First off, I don't have any answers for you, because I am in a similar position. I want to share what I've come to know about my own journey, in case you see anything in it.

I'm almost 52 years old. I've spent the last 5 years since menopause and lifestyle changes feeling 'less than' because I used to be an ultramarathoner and could just go out and run 15 miles before breakfast for fun. I wasn't ever competitive, but I felt good about myself because of what I could accomplish. I felt better about myself because people thought it was amazing that I could run 50 miles. I felt pretty or attractive because I was fit, muscles taught, a certain weight on the scale or size of clothing.

Since menopause, my muscle mass has deteriorated, I've gained 20lbs, and things ache. My skin is more wrinkly and saggy. Things droop. I can barely run/walk a 5K and I don't enjoy it much at all.

I feel weird and unworthy and embarrassed when people mention to others that I ran ultras, did triathlons, etc. I imagine them looking at this 50 something dumpy frumpy woman with disbelief, or worse, pity, that I have sunk so low. Other friends seem to have breezed on through in life, continuing to improve and look better every year. I compare. I spend more time than I'd like to admit scouring the internet thinking maybe if I had something (disease/condition) that I could CURE or TREAT that then I'd be 'all better'.

What I know is that moving past ALL OF THAT is an inside job...finding a new sport, a new coach, a new goal, etc. is NOT going to bring back the feelings of accomplishment because it will NEVER be what I thought I WAS.

I need an inside makeover, I need to feel worthy because I breathe on the planet. I need to feel successful because I love others and am kind and giving. I need to be damned grateful that I can get get out of bed, get dressed, and feed myself on my own.

I don't know where I will get that, but I do know (FINALLY) that it's not going to be by crossing a finish line at any race, or even by trying to get the feeling by associating with others who do. It's going to take some emotional/mental work for me. It might even take some therapy. I'm on the path, but I have a long way to go.

If this feels like truth to you, I'd be happy to share the journey with you more privately. In any case I hope YOU find peace for your soul, and love for yourself every day!
2013-09-25 8:50 AM

Kathy, I have been wondering a lot about you lately. Glad to see you back.....
I have sought out your posts more than anyone elses here because I see a lot of myself in your posts. I am 55, struggle with food, late bloomer with athletics. I have not had surgery but I know it is coming as my hip is on life support. Once I have that surgery, most likely my running is over. I am not ready....I just got good with this stuff!
I understand these past couple years have been more than difficult. I admire your accomplishments and your journey along the way. I know you have a lot to offer in anything you add to your life-athletics or something different.
I have only done 2 iron distance races, last one last Oct. I feel like when I do that, I am at least a little bit special. I can do something that is difficult and that takes a long time to put together. Maybe something that not everyone can do. Maybe you defined your body and self image by the "numbers".

As we age, no matter what we do, we have to modify!!!! This year, I am doing a oly tri in a couple weeks. That is a far cry from a iron distance race. A long way to fall-maybe you are still grieving and probably will be for a while. Maybe, you can change your self talk. How would you counsel your best friend regarding this issue. That is what I try to catch myself doing. After an hour run which I am bearly making 4 miles-my competitive self says "WTF! That sucked. What has happened to you, blah, blah, blah." What I stop and say(try to say) is "OK, I am moving, I can still get my endorphins from riding and I can swim. I may not be who I was even last year, but I can enjoy the movement".
All of us are changing, what we love changes. I have come to grips that IM is out. I may have to come to grips that tris are out-but not today. You have to meet yourself where you ARE, not where you were.
Start there, take one day at a time, treat yourself like a good friend, and modify. But keep moving forward.
2013-09-25 10:40 AM
in reply to: Cayenne

User image

Master
Midcoast Maine
Originally posted by Cayenne
You have to meet yourself where you ARE, not where you were.
Start there, take one day at a time, treat yourself like a good friend, and modify. But keep moving forward.

This x 1000. Do you like and respect yourself? That is the key. Take pride in the person that you ARE (which, by the way, is pretty friggin' awesome). I know I have suggested several times that you become a coach - I think it would really play to your strengths...but also understand if it would put you too close to the triathlon lifestyle.

I also like the suggestion of "what would you say to a good friend who presented this case?"

One thing that stands out to me is you feel better when you have a goal you are chasing. Find a goal and chase it. That could be raising money for Lyme disease awareness, climbing mt Kilimanjaro, or being a fantastic mom to your kids.

Thank you for sharing your journey, Kathy - it has inspired more than you will ever imagine.
2013-09-25 10:57 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Bellevue, WA

Originally posted by triplebypat Well, I am going to go at this a bit differently than everybody else, it appears... first of all - you said you are going to go to IMFL and hang out, see if the fire gets re-ignited. Good... go! I have no doubt that you WILL feel it burning again inside you. BUT - before you get in line to register Sunday morning :-) think about this - is it the IM experience you are missing, or is it the fitness issue that is really bothering you? Take the time to process it all. If it is just the being at IM, you can always volunteer, or coach. If you still want to race, are you comfortable with committing to a full year of training right off the bat again, or do you think maybe some shorter distance races closer to home would make more sense to do, to see if this is REALLY what you want to do? Would you be happy just doing events with Kevin? You know my medical history, and you know my responsibility is to wipe off the podium so nobody slips, cuz that is as close as I will ever get to the podium. You know my perspective - I don't compete (except, as you, with myself), I participate. For me, and a LOT of folks like me, finishing still vertical is the sole objective...I don't even care if it is DFL...I got close enough to that at IMAZ last year. And you know I am not a runner. My IM plan is to finish the swim and bike soon enough that I can walk the whole damn 26.2 if need be; if the knees won't let you run, consider this. You are capable of being a strong swimmer and cyclist again, IF that is your choice. Sue made a lot of good albeit very pointed comments. Bluntness is a requisite in this discussion. Would you be happy just finishing? Heck, we are ALL going to be where we are not "competitive" at some point (honestly, I never was) and like it or not, we have to accept our limitations. BUT we also can enjoy the journey-- you have to learn to NOT beat yourself up because you got tired earlier in the training session than you expected. You have to learn to NOT compare your numbers to somebody else... if you cannot enjoy the training, you are not going to enjoy the race. A couple people did make a very valid point too -- if there is any way you can get into the position of passing your knowledge on to others, DO IT! I don't mean quitting the activity and solely focusing on coaching, necessarily. But you have a wealth of experience to share. Don't throw that away. LOTS of us can hold you accountable to a training plan, but only you can decide what it is you want to train FOR. A number of people try here to convince you to look elsewhere for something to satisfy your drive... I am not sure you really want to get out of triathlon, AND there is nothing wrong with that! Realistic goals, realistic training, measurable steps... hell, come walk the 26.2 with me at IMAZ 2014!! We can pick up the cones together! There is only ONE number you should really keep in front of you -- how many people support you, whatever you decide --- 100% Love you, lady.

I'm going to second this.  Kathy it doesn't sound to me that you want to find something else to do, but instead you want to find a way to get back to finding joy and satisfaction with triathlon.  You said you like the discipline of training; you're not going to get that on Tour of Europe type bike rides.

With all due respect, folks you are missing the POINT big time.  Kathy isn't a beginner triathlete, she's an ATHLETE.  This is a big part of who she is as a person.  I recognize that because I too consider myself an athlete.  It took me years to consider myself an athlete, gaining acceptance of that new vision of myself as a person, trying it on for size and then wearing it every day.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have that taken away now.  It fits well.  I like it.  So here we have an ATHLETE asking us how to help her get her athlete mojo back after a period of setbacks, including new physical limitations.  And the advice here is to tell her to find something else to do?  Stop being an athlete? You clearly don't get it.

Kathy, keep on being an ATHLETE and you'll get that mojo back.  You like long course racing, so keep doing it but plan to walk the run if you're saving your knees.  Find satisfaction in improving your swim and bike.  HIM distance might be a great focus because you can walk (or maybe run/walk) the 13.1 miles more easily than the IM run.

Going to IMFL is a great idea.  Last year I was feeling a bit demotivated and then volunteered at IMAZ so I could register for this year.  And come race morning, standing there on the bridge watching the deepwater start, the news helicopter overhead, the roaring spectators, the 2300 athletes in the water, the announcer counting down, the BOOM of the cannon, the start of the washing machine - wow  I really wanted to be down in the water that moment.  That day I volunteered at a run aid station and it was a ton of fun and super motivating.

Edited by brucemorgan 2013-09-25 11:03 AM
2013-09-25 11:29 AM

User image

Champion
New York, NY
Clearly I have not been as sick as you but mono last year KICKED MY AZZ
and I gained 20 pounds, and it took me a year to fully get over it.

So this season for me has been about just getting back at it.
Whereas I used to strictly follow a training plan (and hit my numbers like you :p) now I am just lackadaisical - oh I feel like s/b/r today -
so I am undertrained, but I have lost the weight, and am having fun

it took a total mind reset.

Did you enjoy the aquabike?
can you swim without doing a set?
can you bike without looking at where your FTP is?

I think next season I will be in a different place - already planning that way, but you have to start from where you are NOW.

2013-09-25 1:55 PM

User image

Champion
Whizzzzzlandia
Silver member
Originally posted by gsmacleod

Kathy,

What about planning a big cycling trip each year? I know a guy who used to race but rarely races anymore (knee issues) but still rides a lot and swims fairly often.  He uses his two week cycling vacations as motivation to keep his bike fitness up and since the trips usually involve at least a couple of big days of climbing, also to keep weight down.  He's done a couple of trips where they have done some of the key TdF, Giro or Vuelta stages (or parts of stages) over the trip and while there isn't a competition aspect, he finds these great motivators for staying fit.

Shane

That sounds like something I'd like to do too!

Edited by Whizzzzz 2013-09-25 2:16 PM
2013-09-25 2:22 PM
in reply to: Whizzzzz

User image

Champion
MA
Originally posted by Whizzzzz

Kathy,

What about planning a big cycling trip each year? I know a guy who used to race but rarely races anymore (knee issues) but still rides a lot and swims fairly often.  He uses his two week cycling vacations as motivation to keep his bike fitness up and since the trips usually involve at least a couple of big days of climbing, also to keep weight down.  He's done a couple of trips where they have done some of the key TdF, Giro or Vuelta stages (or parts of stages) over the trip and while there isn't a competition aspect, he finds these great motivators for staying fit.

Shane

This does sound fun.  I have wanted to go see the Tour for years and do some pre riding. I had hoped my husband would enjoy riding like I do and we could do some cycling trips. He likes riding but it isn't his thing mostly due to a brain tumor that make balance challenging and he is deaf on car side of traffic.

2013-09-25 2:27 PM
in reply to: TriToy

User image

Champion
MA

Originally posted by TriToy Clearly I have not been as sick as you but mono last year KICKED MY AZZ and I gained 20 pounds, and it took me a year to fully get over it. So this season for me has been about just getting back at it. Whereas I used to strictly follow a training plan (and hit my numbers like you :p) now I am just lackadaisical - oh I feel like s/b/r today - so I am undertrained, but I have lost the weight, and am having fun it took a total mind reset

. Did you enjoy the aquabike?

I did enjoy being at the race and participating. I was in last wave and was off the back and alone much of the race which didn't make it fun like racing with others around me. I had thought signing up for the race and having that to look forward to would be what I needed. It didn't really work out like I expected.

can you swim without doing a set?

Yes

can you bike without looking at where your FTP is? I don't have a clue where my FTP is well I could guess but don't want to. My PM is off my bike last summer when I changed cranks. All year I have ridden w/o a bike computer, garmin or a watch. Trying to enjoy riding and taking away all methods of measuring and comparing. When riding I was okay. It isn't like I have no clue how slow I am. I like riding and need for the competitive part of me to leave while I heal to enjoy being active and get in the swing of things.

I think next season I will be in a different place - already planning that way, but you have to start from where you are NOW.

I hope you have a great season next year!

2013-09-25 2:37 PM
in reply to: Whizzzzz

User image

Bronze member

Kathy,

Shane

Me too! How cool is that?!

2013-09-25 2:52 PM
in reply to: brucemorgan

User image

Champion
MA
Originally posted by brucemorgan

Originally posted by triplebypat Well, I am going to go at this a bit differently than everybody else, it appears... first of all - you said you are going to go to IMFL and hang out, see if the fire gets re-ignited. Good... go! I have no doubt that you WILL feel it burning again inside you. BUT - before you get in line to register Sunday morning :-) think about this - is it the IM experience you are missing, or is it the fitness issue that is really bothering you? Take the time to process it all. If it is just the being at IM, you can always volunteer, or coach. If you still want to race, are you comfortable with committing to a full year of training right off the bat again, or do you think maybe some shorter distance races closer to home would make more sense to do, to see if this is REALLY what you want to do? Would you be happy just doing events with Kevin? You know my medical history, and you know my responsibility is to wipe off the podium so nobody slips, cuz that is as close as I will ever get to the podium. You know my perspective - I don't compete (except, as you, with myself), I participate. For me, and a LOT of folks like me, finishing still vertical is the sole objective...I don't even care if it is DFL...I got close enough to that at IMAZ last year. And you know I am not a runner. My IM plan is to finish the swim and bike soon enough that I can walk the whole damn 26.2 if need be; if the knees won't let you run, consider this. You are capable of being a strong swimmer and cyclist again, IF that is your choice. Sue made a lot of good albeit very pointed comments. Bluntness is a requisite in this discussion. Would you be happy just finishing? Heck, we are ALL going to be where we are not "competitive" at some point (honestly, I never was) and like it or not, we have to accept our limitations. BUT we also can enjoy the journey-- you have to learn to NOT beat yourself up because you got tired earlier in the training session than you expected. You have to learn to NOT compare your numbers to somebody else... if you cannot enjoy the training, you are not going to enjoy the race. A couple people did make a very valid point too -- if there is any way you can get into the position of passing your knowledge on to others, DO IT! I don't mean quitting the activity and solely focusing on coaching, necessarily. But you have a wealth of experience to share. Don't throw that away. LOTS of us can hold you accountable to a training plan, but only you can decide what it is you want to train FOR. A number of people try here to convince you to look elsewhere for something to satisfy your drive... I am not sure you really want to get out of triathlon, AND there is nothing wrong with that! Realistic goals, realistic training, measurable steps... hell, come walk the 26.2 with me at IMAZ 2014!! We can pick up the cones together! There is only ONE number you should really keep in front of you -- how many people support you, whatever you decide --- 100% Love you, lady.

I'm going to second this.  Kathy it doesn't sound to me that you want to find something else to do, but instead you want to find a way to get back to finding joy and satisfaction with triathlon.  You said you like the discipline of training; you're not going to get that on Tour of Europe type bike rides.

With all due respect, folks you are missing the POINT big time.  Kathy isn't a beginner triathlete, she's an ATHLETE.  This is a big part of who she is as a person.  I recognize that because I too consider myself an athlete.  It took me years to consider myself an athlete, gaining acceptance of that new vision of myself as a person, trying it on for size and then wearing it every day.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have that taken away now.  It fits well.  I like it.  So here we have an ATHLETE asking us how to help her get her athlete mojo back after a period of setbacks, including new physical limitations.  And the advice here is to tell her to find something else to do?  Stop being an athlete? You clearly don't get it.

Kathy, keep on being an ATHLETE and you'll get that mojo back.  You like long course racing, so keep doing it but plan to walk the run if you're saving your knees.  Find satisfaction in improving your swim and bike.  HIM distance might be a great focus because you can walk (or maybe run/walk) the 13.1 miles more easily than the IM run.

Going to IMFL is a great idea.  Last year I was feeling a bit demotivated and then volunteered at IMAZ so I could register for this year.  And come race morning, standing there on the bridge watching the deepwater start, the news helicopter overhead, the roaring spectators, the 2300 athletes in the water, the announcer counting down, the BOOM of the cannon, the start of the washing machine - wow  I really wanted to be down in the water that moment.  That day I volunteered at a run aid station and it was a ton of fun and super motivating.

Pat and Bruce,

I think you captured a big part of my struggle. I hate not being the athlete I worked hard to be.  It is like losing a big part of who I was and what I enjoyed doing. The training, structure, preparing for the race, the whole package I enjoyed. I think it was some of the most positive experiences/journeys I have had in my life.

I have thought about focusing in on HIM ABs next year as there are many within a couple hours of where I live. Training and executing are key part of the race experience of longer races.

I want my mojo back. I doubt I will sign up for IMFL as I need to accept my limitations and respect the distance not that in the future I can't do another IM but I don't think I'm ready yet to commit to it . Last IM I planned to walk the run and that is what I did...walked 9 minutes/ran 1 minute as I knew the midnight deadline would be close.

I'm angry, sad and frustrated from getting sick and all that I lost. I got sick training as I was bit by a tiny deer tick while out riding on the road training for IM #3. Testing is not very accurate and in the months and years it took to determine what was wrong with me (multiple tick borne diseases) , the infection spread to my joints and my brain.  In talking with my health care professional, about strength training and getting back at doing more, her advice was I need to listen to my body and if what I do today I handle it okay today and tomorrow then it was likely okay. If I get overly fatigued then I did to much. A normal training plan of building isn't possible right now. Overdoing things will negatively effect my healing and improving my health.  It makes training more complicated and not as black and white which I like better. Much of this is trial and error how to move forward.

I miss my endorphins, being outdoors, riding my bike feeling free like I can go anywhere, and racing.

I have this thing about ticks now and am very reluctant to go outside in tick infested areas. When I go outside I try and protect myself from ticks with spray, high socks, spray treated clothing, tucking clothing in

I think part of my sadness or sense of loss of being outdoors is from fear of exposure to more ticks in the future. I do like kayaking as no ticks on the water.

2013-09-25 2:53 PM
in reply to: trigal38

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Originally posted by trigal38

Kathy,

Shane

I've always wanted to do a bike tour thru france and stay at the chateaus and drink the wine etc etc

2013-09-25 3:04 PM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Champion
MA
Originally posted by Socks

Kathy,

Shane

I've always wanted to do a bike tour thru france and stay at the chateaus and drink the wine etc etc

BT bike tour around Europe maybe? Leave husband/boyfriends at home?

2013-09-25 4:06 PM

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL
Originally posted by KathyG

Kathy,

Shane

Girls Gone Wild on Alpe d'Huez? 

2013-09-25 4:33 PM

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

Kathy,

Shane

I'm coming too!

And in all seriousness, if you want advice/recommendations on bike tours, I'm your girl.

2013-09-25 4:46 PM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

Champion
New York, NY
Originally posted by BikerGrrrl

Kathy,

Shane

I'm coming too!

And in all seriousness, if you want advice/recommendations on bike tours, I'm your girl.

IN!!!!!

I have also always wanted to bike and eat my way through Italy....

2013-09-25 5:25 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
OMG All girl BT bike tour thru Europe......I don't know if they are ready for that!!
2013-09-25 9:29 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Kathy,

Shane

Hey, I want in on that one!
2013-09-26 7:41 AM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Champion
New York, NY
Originally posted by QueenZipp

Kathy,

Shane

Hey, I want in on that one!

I would very seriously do this.....

hey Kathy what dates work for you???
2013-09-26 7:44 AM

User image

Champion
New York, NY
and while we are on the subject of biking and goals

I am planning on doing Tour of the Catskills next August (3 day stage race). I won't be competitive by any means - doing it for the challenge and biking up there is going to put me in AWESOME shape

even found a house to rent next summer on the course to try to go up as many weekends as possible.

In addition to being able to do my method which is sign up for the whole thing, this year they had the ability to sign up for each day as like a grand fondo

So, Kathy, I think this would be an EXCELLENT bike "race" for you - and anyone else who has been chiming in....

the house has extra room....
2013-09-26 8:05 AM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Mom and I spent the summer riding around Europe--France and Italy are definitely worthwhile. Italy in particular has an amazing network of bike trails. Ditto for Austria and parts of Slovenia. Despite my pretty major aversion to bike training and racing, I love bike TOURING and have seen a lot of Europe and Asia on two wheels. One tour I have my eye on that you might be interested in can be found on the Bike Tours Direct website--it includes most of the climb stages of the TDF plus other races. There are some positively EPIC tours on that site that are definitely not your leisurely pedal through the fields and sip wine kind of thing. (There's that, too.) With 75 year old Mom, we were more at the latter end of things. Highly recommend Bike Tours Direct--it's a clearinghouse for Americans interested in bike tours at all levels, offered by outfits all over Europe and beyond.

Kathy, I feel for you. I have been active in sports and outdoor activities all my life and would be going NUTS if I couldn't participate. I guess the only thing to do is focus on what you can do, at go for it and whatever level your body will let you handle. Kayaking is awesome--have done a lot in Laos but guessing it's be easier to organize in the States. Here it can be a hassle arranging the required visas, guides, permits, and boat. Not only great exercise but it can be almost like a meditation--very calming and peaceful (well, not white water!)

Edited by Hot Runner 2013-09-26 8:06 AM

2013-09-26 2:42 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Champion
MA

I went for a ride with my son today after much prodding and encouraging from him. I realized a big part of what I'm struggling with now is a double whammy both physically and mentally I'm off. Big part of training and racing is mental. I think I enjoyed that part of training. I have been beat down for so long, fitness is low, I don't have that drive, optimism, commitment and mental strength I used to have.

View on the ride....

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BTers help me get motivated again Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Having a hard time getting motivated, again

Started by brreems
Views: 2345 Posts: 24

2012-07-06 2:11 PM Meulen

Tips for motivating my daughter again?

Started by windandsurf
Views: 1517 Posts: 14

2011-04-26 1:13 PM KathyG

Trouble getting motivated.

Started by DS.qcct
Views: 1511 Posts: 10

2010-05-06 2:43 PM itsallrelative_Maine

Help Motivate Me Please

Started by Malgal
Views: 1681 Posts: 19

2009-08-04 8:02 AM Havin'Fun

BTer in the news again

Started by Comet
Views: 1058 Posts: 12

2006-06-28 2:53 PM parrj
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 22, 2013
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
What can I eat to heal quickly? How can I avoid getting fat while I'm unable to exercise? Should I be taking supplements? This article will address those concerns, plus more.

date : August 19, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Part One: On Speed, Desire and Age. There are some advantages to running slowly. Now, give me a minute here and I'll try to think of one.
date : September 10, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 6
Should I be working on getting faster at running by doing the longer distances and working up slowly over time or run faster for shorter distances now?

date : March 7, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on hand entry, common triathlete training mistakes, the best swim drills, useful swim tools and flip turn help.
date : June 5, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 8
When I swim I struggle to get a full breath and consequently run down faster. I spend part of my training on the side of the pool gasping for air.

date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 1
I’ve signed up to do the St. Anthony’s Olympic Triathlon in April. I will be 49 in May and need some advice on a good training program to fit into my full time work schedule.
date : October 10, 2004
author : adrianogier
Your programme was a great help in getting my training organised and balanced. Your web site has been a great help.

date : September 10, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 2
Your help is needed to keep BT the best of the best.