Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies vs BT World Halloween October Challenge Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 14

2013-10-31 2:44 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Subject: RE: Ghoulies vs BT World Halloween October Challenge

Originally posted by wgraves7582
Originally posted by msteiner

Originally posted by TriAya

Originally posted by wgraves7582
Originally posted by kcarroll

Originally posted by msteiner

Broke 160 miles this morning for the month.  Did my part for BT!

Nice!

I hit just over 90 miles. No long runs but i was consistent. It also appears I sandbagged both my goals this month so I capped them at 105%. Bill, if you want to knock them down to 100 that's ok too. 

Nope we are allowing 105% to everyone so you are good - I just asked because one goal was way over because I could not ride the bike and don't want The BT World think we are pulling shenanigans to win Even though that is exactly what a Ghoulie would do

Pulling shenanigans? If the weather is crappy, be pulling on some cardigans!

Like some Worldies, didn't quite make my goal either (even adjusting for illness), but pretty close, and in fact the point was to LIMIT myself TO those goals, not exceed them, so I'm pretty happy!

Also, I'm pretty sure the original goals involved something like an ave. of 12hrs training a week. WTF was I thinking? My concussed brain still not capable of counting on the fingers and toes?!

Anybody know DannyWilliams?  I woke Yanti up, because I knew I was allowed to

Danny is the key for BT world's victory.  C'mon Danny!

If you have attempted to contact and he does not respond you are allowed to remove him from the team if he has not logged anything. If he has logged you can log his stuff for him.

I think it is fair to take log data.  I looked last night and he has some swim volume.  Best to at least give people until the end of day to update their own.   Polls don't close until midnight PST.

Edited by popsracer 2013-10-31 2:45 PM

2013-10-31 2:52 PM
in reply to: #4863378

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2013-10-31 3:54 PM
in reply to: wgraves7582

Champion
Bronze member

Anyone up for a November challenge? I sure would be but I do not have the savvy to set up the spreadsheet etc.

2013-10-31 5:06 PM
in reply to: Taringa

Bronze member

Originally posted by Taringa Well, guys, I've really enjoyed this month's challenge, thanks Ghoulies and BT team for the support and entertainment along the way. . A team challenge certainly adds a bit of extra motivation! I feel bad for letting the team down ... I'll make it up next time! Thanks everyone:D

Agree, loved the challenge and I fought through some issues that I would have typically scaled back or taken time off for. It's good for me to know that every time something hurts it does not mean I am developing a major injury.

And I know it looks like I sandbagged but the 50 miles of running for me this month is the most I have run in a month since 2010 . As sad as that is......

2013-10-31 8:21 PM
in reply to: trigal38

Elite
washington state

Originally posted by trigal38

Originally posted by Taringa Well, guys, I've really enjoyed this month's challenge, thanks Ghoulies and BT team for the support and entertainment along the way. . A team challenge certainly adds a bit of extra motivation! I feel bad for letting the team down ... I'll make it up next time! Thanks everyone:D

Agree, loved the challenge and I fought through some issues that I would have typically scaled back or taken time off for. It's good for me to know that every time something hurts it does not mean I am developing a major injury.

And I know it looks like I sandbagged but the 50 miles of running for me this month is the most I have run in a month since 2010 . As sad as that is......

You did good.  I am still have a ways to go to even get to 50 miles a month.  At least I am still trying to up it.

Got in my last swim sessions for the month, and updated the spreadsheet, so I am good to go.  

BRING ON  November!

2013-10-31 11:21 PM
in reply to: deehtz

2013-11-01 12:24 AM

Elite
washington state

Originally posted by wgraves7582 OK - I moved Lovey to BT World Team - she was on the Ghoulies sheet somehow. If you don't hear from DannyWilliams and his logs are not up to date you can zero him out with Withdrew like I did with Melindy and Goose on Ghoulies Thanks for making it a great month everyone!

That's because we told Lovey she could be an honorary Ghoulie!  Actually both teams invited her to be on their team.   Pretty popular, huh?! 

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!

2013-11-01 4:51 AM

Gold Coast, Australia

Just looked at the spreadsheet totals. I take my hat off to you, Ghoulies! Congratulations on an azz-kicking win!

2013-11-01 11:24 AM

Veteran
Baltimore Area
Originally posted by deehtz

Originally posted by wgraves7582 OK - I moved Lovey to BT World Team - she was on the Ghoulies sheet somehow. If you don't hear from DannyWilliams and his logs are not up to date you can zero him out with Withdrew like I did with Melindy and Goose on Ghoulies Thanks for making it a great month everyone!

That's because we told Lovey she could be an honorary Ghoulie!  Actually both teams invited her to be on their team.   Pretty popular, huh?! 

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!

I am popular. I feel honored to be a honorary Ghoulie. Both teams were great. Good job everyone.
2013-11-01 1:49 PM
in reply to: Lovey

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by Lovey
Originally posted by deehtz

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!

I am popular. I feel honored to be a honorary Ghoulie. Both teams were great. Good job everyone.

Excellent jobs all!

2013-11-01 8:25 PM

2013-11-01 8:47 PM

Bronze member

Originally posted by wgraves7582 Great job everyone. Here are the rules from October 1st so BT World go ahead and change your signature lines for the month of November! It was a valiant effort by all involved - thanks for the motivation everyone - that is what makes challenges great!
Originally posted by wgraves7582 At the end of the month: 1) The Ghoulies team will add a signature line saying: (a) World Domination Continues and Yes We Are Snobs (b) The World Defeated Us in October But We Are Still Snobs 2) The BT team will add a signature line saying: (a) The Ghoulies Defeated Us As Expected (b) We Defeated The Ghoulies in October

I was hoping everyone forgot that part......

2013-11-01 9:03 PM

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by wgraves7582 Great job everyone. Here are the rules from October 1st so BT World go ahead and change your signature lines for the month of November! It was a valiant effort by all involved - thanks for the motivation everyone - that is what makes challenges great!
Originally posted by wgraves7582 At the end of the month: 1) The Ghoulies team will add a signature line saying: (a) World Domination Continues and Yes We Are Snobs (b) The World Defeated Us in October But We Are Still Snobs 2) The BT team will add a signature line saying: (a) The Ghoulies Defeated Us As Expected (b) We Defeated The Ghoulies in October

Fair is fair.  I'll do it.

2013-11-02 4:46 AM

Gold Coast, Australia

Dammit I thought that was lost and forgotten too. But a deal is a deal. It's done.

Edited by Taringa 2013-11-02 4:47 AM
2013-11-02 11:29 AM

little disappointed with some of the BT world team. When setting goals you should at least be able to meet 75% of them. I know that I am an over achiever.
This time around I should have set my running goal higher as I ran almost 15 miles more then my goal
Bike as only 24 miles over my goal
Swim was only 3000 yards over
The only reason swim was over I was able to get more swim time in then normal for a month

If there is a next time I will have to up the mileage in each.
Not sure if I want to do another challenge
Hate to be on the loosing team.

Sorry about my rant but sometimes it seems people sigh up for a challenge and forget to record what they have done
or give a reason why you would be unable to make your goals
2013-11-02 4:17 PM
in reply to: suefesta

Veteran
Baltimore Area
Originally posted by suefesta

little disappointed with some of the BT world team. When setting goals you should at least be able to meet 75% of them. I know that I am an over achiever.
This time around I should have set my running goal higher as I ran almost 15 miles more then my goal
Bike as only 24 miles over my goal
Swim was only 3000 yards over
The only reason swim was over I was able to get more swim time in then normal for a month

If there is a next time I will have to up the mileage in each.
Not sure if I want to do another challenge
Hate to be on the loosing team.

Sorry about my rant but sometimes it seems people sigh up for a challenge and forget to record what they have done
or give a reason why you would be unable to make your goals

Just my 2 cents, not meant to offend.
No one likes being on a loosing team but I don't think most of us thought of it that way. The point of a challenge to me is to help push you, keep you consistent or both. Sometimes life, family, illness or injury gets in the way. Some things cannot be helped.
I did well in September but October was rough. I set goals for myself but straining my back wasn't one of them. I took more rest days than I normally would, tried pushing through it and some days i could, other days I just had to take the day off. I missed a lot of workouts and other workouts I just had to slow down or decrease to get through with minimal pain. Yes, some of my goals were above 75%, some way below but none at 100% because of those missed workouts. I was still proud of my effort at the end of the month.

Would I do another challenge, most certainly. Even with injury, I got what I wanted and needed from the challenge.

2013-11-02 10:33 PM

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Originally posted by suefestalittle disappointed with some of the BT world team. When setting goals you should at least be able to meet 75% of them. I know that I am an over achiever.This time around I should have set my running goal higher as I ran almost 15 miles more then my goalBike as only 24 miles over my goalSwim was only 3000 yards overThe only reason swim was over I was able to get more swim time in then normal for a monthIf there is a next time I will have to up the mileage in each. Not sure if I want to do another challenge Hate to be on the loosing team.Sorry about my rant but sometimes it seems people sigh up for a challenge and forget to record what they have done or give a reason why you would be unable to make your goals
I've been in two team challenges where people will post goals and disappear pretty soon afterward. Not everyone is going to take these challenges as seriously as others, and on a website like this all you can do is be happy that people at least are trying to do something to stay motivated.
2013-11-03 2:37 AM

Gold Coast, Australia

Originally posted by suefesta little disappointed with some of the BT world team. When setting goals you should at least be able to meet 75% of them. I know that I am an over achiever. This time around I should have set my running goal higher as I ran almost 15 miles more then my goal Bike as only 24 miles over my goal Swim was only 3000 yards over The only reason swim was over I was able to get more swim time in then normal for a month If there is a next time I will have to up the mileage in each. Not sure if I want to do another challenge Hate to be on the loosing team. Sorry about my rant but sometimes it seems people sigh up for a challenge and forget to record what they have done or give a reason why you would be unable to make your goals

I'm sorry you feel disappointed in us, your teammates. You will never know the full story behind your teammates' goals, activities, and posts, perhaps you are judging a little harshly.

I believe these challenges are here to encourage, to motivate, and to stretch people, and to give us all a friendly forum to chat about how we're all going, and I think they're a fine vehicle for that purpose. I'll certainly do more, both team and individual.

2013-11-03 5:39 AM

I did not mean to come off as judging anyone. I know that things come up in life that prevent people from achieving their goals. Sorry is all I can say.
You are right that I will never know the whole picture of the others on this board but others will not know my whole picture either.

Guess what I meant was if there was more commutation a teammate might be able to help you meet the goal. It is totally acceptable to say life got in the way of me meeting my goals.

I have signed up for these challenges to mainly push myself to run more

2013-11-03 6:19 AM

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by suefesta I did not mean to come off as judging anyone. I know that things come up in life that prevent people from achieving their goals. Sorry is all I can say. You are right that I will never know the whole picture of the others on this board but others will not know my whole picture either. Guess what I meant was if there was more commutation a teammate might be able to help you meet the goal. It is totally acceptable to say life got in the way of me meeting my goals. I have signed up for these challenges to mainly push myself to run more

Excactly! I have been doing challenges for years and it is always better for everyone if there is lots of communication, both to encourage and for the needed kick in the tush. I have always enjoyed the community here in the challenge threads. It is up to us to keep it (and ourselves and each other) going.

Happy November!

2013-11-05 9:19 AM

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Testing to make sure the sig works.  Apparently I had it disabled.

Edit: And there it is. GG Ghoulies!

Edited by msteiner 2013-11-05 9:20 AM

2013-11-05 10:02 AM
in reply to: msteiner

New user
Nashville, TN
Congrats Ghoulies!
2013-11-05 12:52 PM

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies vs BT World Halloween October Challenge Rss Feed  

of 14

RELATED POSTS

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #5 Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

Started by aspeelma
Views: 12649 Posts: 211

2009-11-07 4:27 PM Girl Passing on Left

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #4 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 51114 Posts: 2002

2009-10-30 2:35 PM skrtrnr

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #3 Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 62517 Posts: 1994

2009-10-27 7:35 AM disturbed275

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #2 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 65848 Posts: 2010

2009-10-20 8:12 PM D001

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by D001
Views: 76587 Posts: 1992

2009-10-07 5:56 PM disturbed275
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : July 14, 2008
author : Birkierunner
comments : 2
Watch the highlights and tips of this years IMWI BT mini-camp put on by Birkierunner.
date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.

date : June 27, 2006
author : Ron
comments : 0
Motivational and inspirational interviews of BT members beginning July 2nd, 2006
date : May 1, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on periodization, tubular vs clinchers, swimming cadence, 650's vs 700's, plan priority, RAAM after double IM and swim training before race day.

date : January 29, 2006
author : Team BT
I started the Beginner Triathlete training program in earnest after Chinese New Year. I viewed the distances in the peak week with trepidation - how on earth would I manage it?
date : April 19, 2005
author : Ron
How to configure and use your triathlon training log or blog.

date : October 17, 2004
author : infosteward
I want your tastes to be satisfied. I want you to feel like you’re coming home each Monday when you view the new articles uploaded to the site.