General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chrissie Wellington - Open Letter to ES Editor Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-27 7:51 AM

User image

St Catharines, Ontario
Subject: Chrissie Wellington - Open Letter to ES Editor
I maybe weeks behind with this but:

http://www.chrissiewellington.org/blog/an-open-letter-to-simon-jenk...

This a great (if long) letter to the ediotr of the Evening Standard (London late daily) about negative press he gave to the ITU Finals in London.

2013-09-27 8:44 AM
in reply to: badmo77a

User image

Veteran
Southampton, Ontario
Subject: RE: Chrissie Wellington - Open Letter to ES Editor
All class and all factual information from Crissie to support her points. When exactly did media stop reporting facts and simply make it up as they go reporting personal opinion as news?
2013-09-27 8:47 AM
in reply to: DaveL

User image

St Catharines, Ontario
Originally posted by DaveL

All class and all factual information from Crissie to support her points. When exactly did media stop reporting facts and simply make it up as they go reporting personal opinion as news?

She realy takes him to town. Esp. his vulnerability regarding National Trust hosting events.

I think he got stuck in traffic that weekend and decided to use his paper to vent. Poor journalism.
2013-09-27 8:51 AM
in reply to: DaveL

User image

Originally posted by DaveL

It's all the rage now. Look at the Washington Post, NY Times, LA Times, etc. They do it literally daily.

2013-09-27 9:32 AM

User image

Originally posted by badmo77a

I maybe weeks behind with this but:

http://www.chrissiewellington.org/blog/an-open-letter-to-simon-jenk...

This a great (if long) letter to the ediotr of the Evening Standard (London late daily) about negative press he gave to the ITU Finals in London.

That is an excellent, "Jane, you ignorant slut" letter!
2013-09-27 10:06 AM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

Originally posted by DanielG
Originally posted by badmo77a I maybe weeks behind with this but: http://www.chrissiewellington.org/blog/an-open-letter-to-simon-jenk... This a great (if long) letter to the ediotr of the Evening Standard (London late daily) about negative press he gave to the ITU Finals in London.

BWAAAHAHAHA!  Perfect.  Love that. 

2013-09-27 10:43 AM

User image

Master
Bloomington, MN

Originally posted by badmo77a I maybe weeks behind with this but: http://www.chrissiewellington.org/blog/an-open-letter-to-simon-jenk... This a great (if long) letter to the ediotr of the Evening Standard (London late daily) about negative press he gave to the ITU Finals in London.

Yes it is!

2013-09-27 11:17 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

HAHAHA!!!  Oh that's perfect!

I particularly liked that Simon Jenkins initially reported that ITU stood for International Telecommunications Union.  What a plonker. 

2013-09-27 11:32 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL
Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

HAHAHA!!!  Oh that's perfect!

I particularly liked that Simon Jenkins initially reported that ITU stood for International Telecommunications Union.  What a plonker. 

And a wanker.

2013-10-02 2:40 PM

Veteran
Vicksburg
The blog spot post was awesome, thanks for posting up.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chrissie Wellington - Open Letter to ES Editor Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Chrissie Wellington-Signed TYR Suit Up for Auction

Started by lkagop
Views: 635 Posts: 1

2009-03-17 9:23 PM lkagop

Chrissie Wellington charity auction....

Started by bigAL99
Views: 1117 Posts: 2

2008-11-14 12:12 AM audiojan

Nice "Interview" with Chrissie Wellington

Started by Jens
Views: 1425 Posts: 8

2008-10-15 12:53 PM Daremo

Chrissie Wellington rules

Started by trimantri
Views: 1491 Posts: 13

2008-09-13 12:25 AM bigAL99

Chrissie Wellington's blog

Started by bigAL99
Views: 916 Posts: 3

2008-08-05 7:32 PM mikep
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : February 9, 2011
author : Competitor.com
Interviews from the January 22, 2011 EnduranceLive Consumer Show and Gala by Competitor.com

date : December 17, 2007
author : LukeTX04
I learned in this race that in order to finish the swim, you have to know where you are going. And in order to know where you are going, you have to learn to sight.
date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.

date : August 7, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
You can practice several things like bi-lateral breathing, sight less and use long strokes to help you swim straight
date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.

date : June 14, 2005
author : marmadaddy
comments : 17
Once you caught your breath, it occurred to you that finishing even a short triathlon might be harder than you thought. After a few "laps" you thought, "I can't believe I'm so out of shape."