Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-09-27 4:50 PM
in reply to: trigal38

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: Things your SO throws out

Now that I think about it, the wife can throw anything away she wants without asking - Cuz I'm just going to by a new version of it.

Garmin 305?  getridofit...  I want a 910!

She can toss all my bikes and golf clubs too.  And my car as well.  I wanted a new truck and bikes and golf clubs to put into it!  Give a way all my clothes.  I need a new wardrobe! 

2013-09-27 5:19 PM
in reply to: ell-in-or

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs
Originally posted by ell-in-or
Originally posted by trigal38
Originally posted by noelle1230
Originally posted by Stacers
Originally posted by trigal38
Originally posted by Stacers

Every time we move, my husband just starts throwing stuff away without asking. As a result, we don't have a lot of extra crap, but it's irritating.

- He threw away a brand new pair of bike shoes that my SIL had given me for spinning, just because I hadn't used them yet (it was still summer!).

- Threw away my ski boots one time, because they were crappy, but I really didn't want to have to buy new ones, so I just didn't ski for a couple of years after that.

- He's thrown away all of our coolers (like, the big ones) multiple times, requiring me to go out and buy a new one the next time I needed one - not cheap!

- He threw away a whole set of Christmas dishes once (why can't they at least go to Goodwill? And YES, I only use them once a year, but still??). 

- He recently tried to throw away a bunch of my dress shoes/heels because I apparently don't wear them often enough. Found them in the donate pile and saved them.

That's just the tip of the iceberg - I don't even remember all the crap of mine that he's thrown out over the years. The worst part is that he's a pack rat and actually still has his high school gym shorts that are over 20 years old now.

Holy cow that is a ton of stuff! I'd be having a fit for sure!

After reading this thread I will admit that I'm feeling a bit like a pushover for not being more worked up about this

Honestly, it's irritating, but he just doesn't like clutter and it IS only stuff. I usually just laugh and give him crap when it happens, and remind him that now I have to go spend $$ to buy new whatever, so his whole plan backfired. No point getting all worked up about it, otherwise I guess I probably wouldn't still be married to him. Luckily, he's a pretty good guy otherwise!

Now, if you can turn his bad behavior into justification to shop, I might say it's worth the hassle Smile

Yeah and she has a really good attitude about it!

Must be some seriously mind-blowingly awesome PIZZA to put up with that!!

I doubt someone that inconsiderate is good at pizza

2013-09-27 6:17 PM
in reply to: mrbbrad

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member
Originally posted by mrbbrad
Originally posted by ell-in-or Must be some seriously mind-blowingly awesome PIZZA to put up with that!!

I doubt someone that inconsiderate is good at pizza

LOL, well-played. 

I'm satisfied, though

2013-09-27 8:37 PM
in reply to: Stacers

User image

Elite
Reno
Wow - I get testy when my husband throws recyclables in the trash. There are a few things he has tossed - furnace parts I was told were worth something and I intend to sell on Craig's list in the fall (like about now). I did pull them out. There were a few other things - he hates clutter. I threatened to start throwing away gun parts (spare stocks, scopes, whatchahoogits). Peace through superior fighter power.
2013-09-28 1:07 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member
Originally posted by lisac957

I guess I don't understand throwing out someone else's stuff? I mean, I get that your SO might not "like" something you wear or own, but that's just mean

Not mean, disrespectful.

I'm sure I've had a few things thrown out on my behalf.

A couple years ago, I moved and had to go through a bunch of clothes and other stuff. I hadn't done so in a long, long time and there was some serious heart-wrenching going on with some of it.

One pile was stuff too bad even to go to Goodwill.

One pile was stuff that I offered to the boys before Goodwill. As they picked through the pile, I shared whatever stories/history was attached to the item.

One pile was stuff that went to Goodwill along with the stuff the boys didn't want.
2013-09-29 7:46 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Originally posted by Kido

Now that I think about it, the wife can throw anything away she wants without asking - Cuz I'm just going to by a new version of it.

Garmin 305?  getridofit...  I want a 910!

She can toss all my bikes and golf clubs too.  And my car as well.  I wanted a new truck and bikes and golf clubs to put into it!  Give a way all my clothes.  I need a new wardrobe! 

Agreed - I am already putting my warddrobe in opaque garbage bags to "store" in hopes of a shopping spree!

2013-09-29 1:56 PM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

Elite
Reno
A friend stayed with me for a few weeks while moving out of a bad relationship. One day I thanked her for taking my dry cleaning in and she said "what dry cleaning?" I said the stuff in that paper grocery bag by the door with the hangers and plastic on top for recycling. She starts crying and confesses she thought it was trash and she put it in the dumpster. I was a bit sad about some rusty orange slacks, but over all thought it was funny. She kept crying and saying how sorry she was, and finally she said if she had done that by accident to her boyfriend she had just moved out on, he would really take it out on her. I said "well, then I'm glad you are here".
2013-09-29 5:29 PM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

In a past marriage, my then-wife actually paid an outside person to come into the house to help organize. This other person's plan? Reduce clutter by throwing out half of everything. When I came home from work, I saw the boxes of stuff ready to go to Goodwill.

I was NOT happy, and promptly retrieved most of it.

2013-09-29 7:52 PM
in reply to: trigal38

User image

Supersonicus Idioticus
Thunder Bay, ON
Wait, HE didn't have to go to the store to pick up the sticky tack?

Please tell me of this marital law. I would like to reference it in the future.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Things your SO throws out Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Talk to me about Earn outs BT

Started by Marvarnett
Views: 896 Posts: 3

2011-02-25 3:27 PM Marvarnett

Chrysler Sr. Debtor hold-outs cave

Started by Force
Views: 2107 Posts: 22

2009-05-09 11:16 AM crusevegas

right thing/wrong thing?? Pages: 1 2

Started by ride_like_u_stole_it
Views: 1128 Posts: 28

2007-06-30 8:43 PM sf_biggestloser

ROLLER GIRL TRY OUTS!!!

Started by autumn
Views: 1032 Posts: 18

2007-06-26 5:03 PM autumn

The things people throw away Pages: 1 2

Started by ride_like_u_stole_it
Views: 1771 Posts: 35

2006-03-30 1:11 AM tyrant
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 23, 2013
author : Jerrykyc
comments : 2
The cause of the sleeplessness could be anxiety to get out and compete but more often than not the inability to sleep is a fear of what might happen, of what might go bump out on the race course.

date : September 3, 2010
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Stripped of its three-figure entry fees and five figure bikes, when the gun goes off it's still a bunch of crazies doing three sports for a thousand reasons.
date : August 7, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 7
Do you see the bladder as half-full or half-empty? In this instance, it really doesn't matter how you look at it... you'd just better go.

date : September 4, 2004
author : surfking
comments : 0
Triathlons - Not an Ordinary Workout