General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Challenge Atlantic City : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2014-06-06 12:56 PM
in reply to: Dream Chaser

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
Subject: RE: Challenge Atlantic City : Official Thread
Originally posted by Dream Chaser

Hi Everyone.  I'm looking to sign up for the Aquabike as a training day for IMMT.  Two questions hopefully someone can answer:  For spectators, anyone know if there is a "boardwalk" from Bader field to the boardwalk?  I have two young children and I am just wondering how safe walking from the Swim/Bike transition area back to the hotel on the boardwalk is.  

Lastly, is the stretch of beach there classic Jersey shore beach?  Meaning you can set up a towel and umbrella and have a nice day at the beach?  If so, I'm planning to stay an extra day with the family.  

Thanks.

I am doing the AB too as a warm up for IMMT. Bader Field is not walking distance from AC so they will have to drive. No idea what the road closure situation is going to be like near the parking areas to get people in and out so I am taking the car and told my wife I will call her when I am done and meet her at the beach (she is going to drive with my family to the beach and spend the day there)

2nd question- Yes you can. I have not been on that specific beach before but you can put down a towel and be there all day. In NJ, most beaches make you purchase a Day Pass unless you are a local so have the family bring some cash just in case. Depending on the town, it can be anywhere from $2-$6 a person for the day from what I remember.

If you are doing the AB, do you have any idea where we cross the finish line at? Are we done once we cross into T2 or do we need to run a little bit somewhere to get our Finisher Medal and Pictures, food, etc??? Anyone know about this?

New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Challenge Atlantic City : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

City To Summit : Official Thread

Started by Ron
Views: 1676 Posts: 1

2013-05-20 1:21 PM Ron

Atlantic Coast Triathlon at Amelia Island : Official Thread

Started by TriRSquared
Views: 7736 Posts: 14

2010-12-07 3:53 PM TriRSquared

Oklahoma City Redman Triathlon - Full Redman : Official Thread Pages: 1 2

Started by ray6foot7
Views: 7751 Posts: 29

2010-10-25 3:07 PM cornchexs

Atlantic Coast Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by Meerkat Surprise
Views: 2318 Posts: 1

2010-04-15 2:49 PM Meerkat Surprise

Oklahoma City Redman Triathlon - Full Redman : Official Thread

Started by draykus
Views: 4777 Posts: 21

2009-09-21 11:56 AM rayd
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 15, 2012
author : USATriathlon
comments : 1
This USAT Rules Clinic will help you avoid penalties. Topics discussed will be rules of the transition area, drafting penalties, the drafting zone, challenging penalties and more.

date : January 14, 2008
author : dr_forbush
comments : 0
In addition to writing your race number on each upper arm, they also wrote your age on your calf. This allowed me to see who was passing me by in the bike section of this race.
date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.

date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.
date : January 7, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 4
We were all there once, a beginner. Time to take the challenge and help a beginner triathlete!

date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw:
date : January 29, 2006
author : lv2teach
comments : 1
It’s a challenge to push yourself a little harder and a little further. Be proud of every workout that is accomplished and every step-even the baby ones-that you take on this course to the finishline.

date : September 3, 2005
author : infosteward
The Boulder Peak bike course is legendary. It is, literally and named as such, one of the toughest bike legs in the country.