Other Resources My Cup of Joe » tough lesson learned by our 4th grader Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-02 1:04 PM

User image

Veteran
Kansas
Subject: tough lesson learned by our 4th grader
On Monday, my 4th grade daughter took her iPad mini to school in her backpack in order to get it from my house to her mom's house. We knew she did it, and we knew that it wasn't the best of ideas but, it happened ... She made the mistake of briefly removing it from her backpack to show a friend the new case she got. Someone else must of have seen that exchange, because by the end of the day it was gone. She didn't realize it was truly gone until last evening.

We turned on the tracking device and wouldn't you know it, it was showing up at another address and had been renamed. Her mom got in the car drove over and one of her classmate's mothers answered the door and without any real convincing, a classmate of my daughters admitted she had seen her showing it to a friend and later in the day stole it out of her backpack and took it home. Ughhh...

I emailed the teacher this morning because we felt it was right that she know what happend in her classroom and fully took responsiblity for the poor judgment in allowing it to transfer between our homes via the backpack. Our daughter was as nervous as I've seen her going into school this morning. We asked her not to gossip or talk about it with her other friends or classmates.

Lesson learned all around I hope on this one - our daughter certainly now knows that not everyone will respect her belongings or property. Uncomfortable situation all around.

2013-10-02 1:40 PM
in reply to: cjkelly0729

User image

Expert
Boise, ID
Subject: RE: tough lesson learned by our 4th grader

Your 4th grader has an iPad? Dang, wish I had an iPad...

Glad the other parent gave it back, ya never know these days.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » tough lesson learned by our 4th grader Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Lessons you really should be able to learn the first time Pages: 1 2 3

Started by switch
Views: 2378 Posts: 59

2013-05-02 9:09 PM jobaxas

Little lessons learned the hard way..... Pages: 1 2

Started by trigal38
Views: 2748 Posts: 44

2013-02-26 2:30 PM KateTri1

Lessons learned from Irene

Started by kcarroll
Views: 1086 Posts: 11

2011-09-02 6:26 PM Turnin2

4th Grader-obviously from a triathlon household....

Started by thegoddess
Views: 1339 Posts: 6

2010-12-11 6:20 PM chirunner134

From the Mouths of 1st Graders--Very Funny!

Started by TriAya
Views: 1421 Posts: 19

2008-09-04 8:26 AM NavyTRIChief
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 3, 2010
author : Sara McLarty
comments : 1
This installment of the BT Swim Series will focus on being efficient in the water. Learning how to swim smooth and efficiently is important to becoming a great swimmer.

date : August 2, 2010
author : Sara McLarty
comments : 19
This installment of the BT Swim Series will focus on breathing. Before you can swim fast, you must learn how to control your breathing so that easy swimming does not leave you gasping after one lap.
date : February 7, 2007
author : Gina76
comments : 2
The completion of my first sprint triathlon! Even though it has been over a year since my first tri, I find myself ready to do two more this year and even two half marathons!

date : July 30, 2006
author : mhan22
comments : 2
If you are calm while everyone around you is losing it, you probably don’t know what the hell is going on.
date : January 1, 2006
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
The three drills we will be focusing on today are a more “advanced” version of catch-up, which help you with distance per stroke AND keep you rotating from side to side (hip rotation).

date : October 30, 2005
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
We are now going to move into “practices” that have a specific technique focus or two, but will contain more physically demanding workouts.
date : July 31, 2005
author : Mottyl
comments : 6
I had read the articles on BT, I'd trained, and I thought I had prepared. There were, however, a few things that I didn't internalize despite what I'd been told.

date : January 10, 2005
author : Ken
comments : 7
Don't worry, you can't do anything that hasn't been done before. Read this article for some humorous insights of one triathlete's introduction to the sport.