General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Girls Only Question -- T-Zones Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-06 8:19 PM

User image

Subject: Girls Only Question -- T-Zones
Hi females (and males who want to see what girls talk about)

To put it bluntly, I've got a bit of a rack.... I've mainly done sprint tris in the summer so I'm able to swim in a good race top and sports bra and avoid chafing. Next year I'm doing the IM 70.3 in Syracuse, which is in June. The water will be cold and I need to invest in a wetsuit. Traditional bathing suits definitely don't provide enough support for a half marathon following the bike. What exactly do I do between the swim/bike/run to get a sports bra on? Do I swim with it on and throw on some anti-chafing product and hope it dries out fairly painlessly?

I'm sure there's already a thread but my poor search skills didn't turn anything up quite so specific.

Cheers,
Anne

Edited by hoffmanne 2013-10-06 8:19 PM

2013-10-06 8:34 PM
in reply to: hoffmanne

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Girls Only Question -- T-Zones

Originally posted by hoffmanne Hi females (and males who want to see what girls talk about) To put it bluntly, I've got a bit of a rack.... I've mainly done sprint tris in the summer so I'm able to swim in a good race top and sports bra and avoid chafing. Next year I'm doing the IM 70.3 in Syracuse, which is in June. The water will be cold and I need to invest in a wetsuit. Traditional bathing suits definitely don't provide enough support for a half marathon following the bike. What exactly do I do between the swim/bike/run to get a sports bra on? Do I swim with it on and throw on some anti-chafing product and hope it dries out fairly painlessly? I'm sure there's already a thread but my poor search skills didn't turn anything up quite so specific. Cheers, Anne

Yep i'm blessed in that department too.

I generally where a crop top as a sports bra - i buy a size smaller than i need and it flattens those babies!  they aren't moving anywhere.  On top i wear a tri suit then wetsuit.  My HIM i didn't change at all.  For my full i'm planning on riding in a cycling top and shorts then change into tri suit for run.  The crop top will stay on though and i'll swim in that and the shorts under the wetsuit.

Not had much issue with chafing using this method so far.  Just find a good crop top, it should be a struggle to get it on.

2013-10-06 8:52 PM
in reply to: jobaxas

User image

Pro
Houston
I wear a sports bra beginning to end. I use body glide under the girls and where the top straps hip my collar bone area (sporting some rash there now since I forgot before my long run the other day).
Another tip since you will be getting a wetsuit would be to try on men's suits. I have a woman's suit but accidentally took my husband's to the lake once which is when I realized men's suits fit SO much better for women with bigger chests. The makes of tri wetsuits assume women are tiny and small with no lumps and bumps. They also assume men have a wide chest/back. I hated wearing a wetsuit until I started wearing his.
2013-10-06 9:25 PM
in reply to: KeriKadi

Veteran
funny thing, i was just jogging with this lady over the weekend, dont know her, we just ended up side by side for a while. ended up talking and such. this lady also has the problem of being larger. they were all over the place. if i got any closer i thought they would hit me and knock me down. got me thinking can you ladys duct tape them, strap them or what. personally i wouldnt want to run with what she had and it couldnt be that comfortable. i know it sounds a little funny but i'm sure its a serious problem.
2013-10-06 9:50 PM

User image

Champion
MA

Where what you will race in the whole day no changing necessary. Sports bra, tri shorts, tri top then if wetsuit legal wear that for swim, take it off and onto the bike.

Swimsuits for whole race is mostly a sprint distance attire choice for women or those who go longer that don't need a sports bra.

You need to get a good sports bra that wicks. Many love Moving Comfort brand and they have D and DD in sizes up to 44 and fit most everyone.

2013-10-07 6:49 AM

User image

hi Anne
I'm very well endowed as well (32F/FF depending on the bra) - so I know the feeling. I use the Anita Women's Sports Bra - and have for several seasons now - http://www.amazon.com/Anita-Womens-Extreme-Control-Sport/dp/B001VH7... - it has no underwires, even for the larger sizes and comes with a wide range, depending on what size you need. It does well in the water and dries off quickly and i've had little to no chaffing (even without using body glide)

2013-10-09 12:44 AM

User image

, California
I love my lulu lemon ta ta tamer sports bra. It has regular straps , doesn't give me the mono-boob and keeps my girls in place. I plan on wearing this throughout my first race in 2 weeks. I don't care if it dries completely I could not imagine running without it. I completely forget about the discomfort of bouncing bubbies since it is no longer an issue.

I too have found that tri gear is made for women with no chests. I was easily able to find shorts, but am going to race in a regular tank since all the tri tops wouldn't zip over the t zone. I may have to try a men's wetsuit because mine is so tight in the chest and is so suffocating. Ugh!

I can't wait to read all the responses and advice in this thread.
2013-10-09 3:29 AM
in reply to: Trbilbao

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Also "blessed" (yes lets go with that term) in this department. I have only done sprints but wear a sports bra under a tri top. I do the whole race in it. I'm sure for a HIM you could just wear your sports bra under your wetsuit and then throw on a top in transition.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Girls Only Question -- T-Zones Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

FTP cycling zones vs. CPxx zones

Started by Plissken74
Views: 2004 Posts: 5

2010-03-09 9:08 PM Gaarryy

4 zone vo2 max conversion to 5 zone garmin 305

Started by jbrenneman
Views: 1123 Posts: 2

2008-10-31 2:22 AM tridantri

HR zone questions...trouble staying in zones

Started by kimmitri408
Views: 1474 Posts: 11

2007-11-17 8:15 PM EABonney

LT test and zone 2 training zone for long runs

Started by Simon de Kerpel
Views: 2507 Posts: 20

2006-11-02 10:53 AM mikericci

Bike Zone vs. Run Zone

Started by oipolloi
Views: 913 Posts: 3

2006-08-10 9:24 AM amiine
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 6, 2011
author : mikericci
comments : 4
Triathlon Coach explains Zone 1 and Zone 2 training and the benefits of each training zone

date : October 4, 2007
author : R_Laberje
comments : 14
Humorous short story about giving up feminine luxuries for the triathlon fitness lifestyle.
date : April 12, 2007
comments : 4
Warmup tips. Swim, bike and run pacing and heart-rate zones to be in by mileage.

date : April 11, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
comments : 1
Have a goal when you get into the water. If your purpose is distance, then set your pace for endurance. If your objective is speed, then incorporate drills.
date : November 7, 2006
comments : 0
Training our bodies to work efficiently in Zone 2 will help us keep our HR and pace even throughout an Ironman. This theory would hold true for the bike and run portion of an Ironman race.

date : October 2, 2005
author : Team BT
My first reaction to wearing a skirt while running was, “are you crazy?” I am no girly girl. I then tried one of the newest skirts from Nicole DeBoom’s TRIKS line and I can tell you I’m hooked.
date : September 3, 2005
author : Michael Silva
Without paying a personal trainer or a PT on a regular basis, is there a regimen of exercises I can do to strengthen all around?

date : May 3, 2005
author : AMSSM
During training and endurance events, athletes should be careful not to ingest more fluids than necessary.