Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-07 8:11 AM

User image

Pearland,Tx
Subject: US Ranking Transparency Index
Guys/Gals

Latest TI ranking of US:

http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2012/results/

I am thinking of maybe moving yo another country say New Zealand , just a thought

But who am I to complain I am not born here .I choose to be here.

2013-10-07 10:45 AM
in reply to: strykergt

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: US Ranking Transparency Index

Originally posted by strykergt Guys/Gals Latest TI ranking of US: http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2012/results/I am thinking of maybe moving yo another country say New Zealand , just a thought But who am I to complain I am not born here .I choose to be here.

Corruption is such a weird thing because there's illegal corruption and then there's legal corruption.  For example I would say the US is pretty good about keeping down illegal corruption such as Senator X, here's $100k, please give me this contract or pass this favorable law for me.  Yes, it happens but I'd say it's minimal.

However, the "legal" corruption such as here's a $100k fundraiser and oh by the way if you don't pass laws favorable to me then you won't get another fundraiser next time around.  This is very prevalent in our system and it's bad.

So, I'm not sure how the site you linked ranks the two.  Either way, there's are great things about living in America and there are great things about living in other countries.  There are bad things here and there are bad things elsewhere.

One cool thing about America is the sheer size of it and the diverse cultures and environments within different states and cities.  If you like fast paced city life, we've got it.  If you want to live off the land in the mountains, we got it.  Anything in between, we've got it.

2013-10-08 9:49 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
PA
Subject: RE: US Ranking Transparency Index
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by strykergt Guys/Gals Latest TI ranking of US: http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2012/results/I am thinking of maybe moving yo another country say New Zealand , just a thought But who am I to complain I am not born here .I choose to be here.

Corruption is such a weird thing because there's illegal corruption and then there's legal corruption.  For example I would say the US is pretty good about keeping down illegal corruption such as Senator X, here's $100k, please give me this contract or pass this favorable law for me.  Yes, it happens but I'd say it's minimal.

However, the "legal" corruption such as here's a $100k fundraiser and oh by the way if you don't pass laws favorable to me then you won't get another fundraiser next time around.  This is very prevalent in our system and it's bad.

So, I'm not sure how the site you linked ranks the two.  Either way, there's are great things about living in America and there are great things about living in other countries.  There are bad things here and there are bad things elsewhere.

One cool thing about America is the sheer size of it and the diverse cultures and environments within different states and cities.  If you like fast paced city life, we've got it.  If you want to live off the land in the mountains, we got it.  Anything in between, we've got it.

True!  We just need better borders and better representation to assure the locals can live freely.  For instance, the state of PA shouldn't suffer for Philly.  Nor should the country suffer by dumping a full state of electoral votes the way of one city.  They should be split to better represent the country as a whole.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » US Ranking Transparency Index Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Verizon giving millions of U.S. phone records to feds Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by DanielG
Views: 9308 Posts: 138

2013-06-24 6:38 AM tuwood
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 15, 2013
author : writingrunner
comments : 1
The science behind the reasons that triathlons make us feel so good.

date : January 9, 2013
author : MultisportWorld
comments : 0
Jarrod Shoemaker, 2012 US Elite National Champion, discusses the importance of recovery for injury prevention.
date : June 11, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
Can athletes use the glycemic index ranking system to determine what to eat before, during, and after exercise?

date : December 12, 2004
author : Team BT
Ultraman champion, Shanna Armstrong, to ride across USA for science.
date : August 31, 2004
author : Ron
Everything you want to know (and then some).