General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tradewinds Park Sprint triathlon in S. Florida on 10/22 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-07-28 10:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Florida
Subject: Tradewinds Park Sprint triathlon in S. Florida on 10/22
I know that this is quite a bit in advance. But, this is the triathlon that I actually have a goal of finishing middle-of-the-pack (or better)...its in my hometown, and my parents are even going to be there (its going to be their first time seeing one ever)...so, needless to say, I'm really excited for it.

I was wondering if anyone else had done it, or if anyone else is doing this one...would love to hear how it is...all I remember of Tradewinds was always having my birthday party there cause of the pony rides when I was a little kid!!

2006-08-04 5:09 PM
in reply to: #496765

User image

Master
South Florida
Subject: RE: Tradewinds Park Sprint triathlon in S. Florida on 10/22
I did this one for my first a few years back and loved it...it's a great venue-a point to point swim in the lake (brown and a bit yucky...usually get sick after racing there), a very flat 2 loop bike and a very flat run with maybe a spot of shade.  All in all a good place to race. 
2006-08-11 9:13 PM
in reply to: #496765

User image

Veteran
Florida
Subject: RE: Tradewinds Park Sprint triathlon in S. Florida on 10/22
LOL...I think I need to get earplugs...I've had bad ears since I was a little kid, and these open water swims are not helping!! LOL!!

Glad to hear that it is a good race, am looking forward to the swim cause its straight across - I am hoping that I'll be able to figure out how to go in a straight line by then

LOVE flat for the bike...my race last Saturday was flat, and I was able to get 18.6 avg (much faster than my normal!)...my goal is to avg 20 by then...and can only do that if it is flatter than flat...

Ugh, I hope that it isn't too hot on the run, like a few more spots of shade too...its the end of October, so maybe (crossing fingers) it will be a smidgen cooler than it is now...this august heat is umm, hot...yea, I'm good at stating the obvious...

thanks again!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tradewinds Park Sprint triathlon in S. Florida on 10/22 Rss Feed