Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-10-29 8:52 AM
in reply to: bcagle25

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
Subject: RE: Do you use low Crr tires?
I was reading through Tom A's blog, linked above, about tires at Crr versus Aero. There is really some interesting information. It is well worth a visit. A lot of the information is over my head but I still learned a lot.

He seems to say that the Vittoria only gives up 2.5 watts to the other, more aero, tires which is not much, but 2.5 watts is 2.5 watts.

Reading his blog also really emphasizes the amazing difference in rolling resistance between using butly versus latex tubes. I find it hard to believe but it is apparently true that latex tubes are just that much faster.

I run latex tubes in races but like others, have a butyl tube stashed under my seat in case of flat. The latex tubes are more dificult to install and I don't want to be fussing with trying to achieve perfection when trying to change out a tube in a race.

2013-10-29 9:32 AM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Subject: RE: Do you use low Crr tires?
Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly

Originally posted by DanielG Once I found GP 4000s tires, that was good enough for me. I keep one set pretty much for races only and use latex with them.

I use the same setup, latex and GP4000S. I feel like I've found the perfect combination. They stay on my carbon wheels. Unlike you I do take them out to play even when I'm not racing. Just so smooth of a ride.

Oh I use another set of GP 4000s tires to train on but I figured I don't want to go brain dead and find out the day before a race that the ones I've been using are squared off and ready to fall off the rim.

I wait until PBK is having a sale on them. Can generally get two GP4000s tires for $50-80 and that's when I pick them up.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Do you use low Crr tires? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Deal: Race tires and Latex tubes w/low Crr? Pages: 1 2

Started by KathyG
Views: 1681 Posts: 26

2011-09-13 12:22 PM Khyron

Low mileage claims in used wheel / triathlon bike ads

Started by xine2kgts
Views: 1029 Posts: 8

2011-07-23 9:50 AM graceful_dave

Best low rolling resistance tire? Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by Anachronism
Views: 22316 Posts: 82

2011-07-25 6:35 AM MaverickNH

Who is doing a first Marathon this Fall-What program are you using

Started by davidson3
Views: 1332 Posts: 10

2009-06-03 12:28 PM redfoot31415

Tires, tires, tires

Started by poolejr
Views: 1798 Posts: 15

2006-04-06 11:32 AM the bear
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
What is the recommended way to recover from a cycling-related lower back injury?

date : April 28, 2011
author : fivecents
comments : 5
What my first sprint distance triathlon taught me about myself.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Use these 3 drills to develop a feel of putting your head underwater and exhaling.

date : December 3, 2008
author : dexter
comments : 15
What are rollers? How can rollers help your bike training? Learn how to use your first set of rollers without doing too much bodily harm to yourself.
date : May 5, 2008
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Did you flat training or racing on your tubular tire? This video will show you everything you need to do to change your tubular tire.

date : November 6, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 2
Don't know how to take that rear wheel off of your bike? Is the chain making things difficult? Learn how to remove your rear wheel if you have to change your bike tire or fix a flat.
date : September 10, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 12
This video tutorial will show you how to fix a flat tire and also how to change the tire itself. Don't wait until you're out on the course at the races to learn how.

date : August 17, 2007
author : scoli121
comments : 6
I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"