Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
Subject: RE: TAN 202: A bunch of rotTAN apples
Originally posted by lisac957

Originally posted by mehaner

Originally posted by mehaner

pittzie - HOW BOUT THEM PANTHERSSSSS

(no undefeated shockers but killing their first year in the ACC no doubt)

21-0! Yeah yeah soft conference. But still. It's fun to be a Shocker 

not meant as an insult at all!  undefeated is still undefeated!  but after 2 lackluster seasons in the big east, it's really nice to watch pitt roll into the ACC LIKE A  BOSS.  this is huge!

Holy Shockers new rankings today we are #3 and #4... Braketology today puts us at a #1 seed. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Can you explain why Witchita St. Undefeated is 1 slot behind a 2 loss Florida in a Basketball SEC conference? Really? I hate the polls.

2014-01-28 6:34 AM
in reply to: pitt83

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

It is a wonderful -8 degrees today in southwest Iowa and then we have some wind.  One radio station said -22 and another said -30 wind chill.  And we are warm compared to other places in the Midwest.  What a weird winter so far.  I hope we actually get some spring this year.

2014-01-28 8:06 AM
in reply to: flip18436572

User image

Regular
Madrid
I think some people have mentioned insomia issues in the past. Does anyone know if its cyclical ? I'm going though a terrible stretch right now.
2014-01-28 8:09 AM

User image

Pro
Originally posted by flip18436572

It is a wonderful -8 degrees today in southwest Iowa and then we have some wind.  One radio station said -22 and another said -30 wind chill.  And we are warm compared to other places in the Midwest.  What a weird winter so far.  I hope we actually get some spring this year.

-28 with the windchill here also. This has been a brutal winter.
2014-01-28 9:33 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by pitt83 

Can you explain why Witchita St. Undefeated is 1 slot behind a 2 loss Florida in a Basketball SEC conference? Really? I hate the polls.

Strength of schedule and soft conference (Missouri Valley Conference, the one that Creighton just exited).

Edit: are you talking about the AP or Coaches poll? They are flipped 3 and 4 in each.

Edited by lisac957 2014-01-28 9:34 AM
2014-01-28 11:48 AM
in reply to: Iowaman

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Iowaman

I read -30F with the windchill here.  So done with this crap!  

2014-01-28 11:56 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Pro

Basketball and weather... snore...

2014-01-28 11:59 AM

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake
For the LOVE of SANITY: WARM-UP!!! These little Monsters are driving me NUTS. DAD, DAD, Daddy, Daddy, Da Da, Daaaaaaaad, Daaaaaaaaaaad. Can I, I want, He poked me, I'm Hungry, It's not fair, etc. etc. Take a breath..... Dad DAD, Daddy, you get the point.

Sigh
2014-01-28 12:06 PM

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake
Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

I read -30F with the windchill here.  So done with this crap!  

Come on up! Then when you get home its warm(er). The sled dogs running the Beargrease are having a great time this year lots of snow and cold for them.

2014-01-28 12:08 PM
in reply to: tcarlson78

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by tcarlson78 For the LOVE of SANITY: WARM-UP!!! These little Monsters are driving me NUTS. DAD, DAD, Daddy, Daddy, Da Da, Daaaaaaaad, Daaaaaaaaaaad. Can I, I want, He poked me, I'm Hungry, It's not fair, etc. etc. Take a breath..... Dad DAD, Daddy, you get the point. Sigh

It's no different here, just replace "little monsters" with "co-workers/bosses" and the kiddo blather with work requests and deadlines

We are having a lot of trouble getting it through people's heads that if you need to send a message to employees/management/etc. you need to LET US KNOW! We actually schedule and spread out message throughout the week so people are not bombarded with 5 in one day. Last week we went in expecting 4 employee messages and because people can't plan and had UTTER EMERGENCIES (self-imposed), we ended with 11. ELEVEN. Ain't nobody got time to read those.

/rant off

2014-01-28 12:14 PM
in reply to: gr33n

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by gr33n I think some people have mentioned insomia issues in the past. Does anyone know if its cyclical ? I'm going though a terrible stretch right now.

I'll occasionally have bouts of insomnia, but thankfully it's usually a single night here or there - I'm really sorry to hear you're having troubles.    

2014-01-28 12:21 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake

Originally posted by tcarlson78 For the LOVE of SANITY: WARM-UP!!! These little Monsters are driving me NUTS. DAD, DAD, Daddy, Daddy, Da Da, Daaaaaaaad, Daaaaaaaaaaad. Can I, I want, He poked me, I'm Hungry, It's not fair, etc. etc. Take a breath..... Dad DAD, Daddy, you get the point. Sigh

It's no different here, just replace "little monsters" with "co-workers/bosses" and the kiddo blather with work requests and deadlines

We are having a lot of trouble getting it through people's heads that if you need to send a message to employees/management/etc. you need to LET US KNOW! We actually schedule and spread out message throughout the week so people are not bombarded with 5 in one day. Last week we went in expecting 4 employee messages and because people can't plan and had UTTER EMERGENCIES (self-imposed), we ended with 11. ELEVEN. Ain't nobody got time to read those.

/rant off

So your one of those people (aka THEM) that send out company wide messages. I always thought there was an evil master plan behind why I got all those messages throughout the week, well M-TH anyway. I thought you were in PR not an evil overlord like Brad in HR.
2014-01-28 12:56 PM
in reply to: tcarlson78

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by tcarlson78

/rant off

So your one of those people (aka THEM) that send out company wide messages. I always thought there was an evil master plan behind why I got all those messages throughout the week, well M-TH anyway. I thought you were in PR not an evil overlord like Brad in HR.

Haha I am in Corporate Communications and was given employee communications after my co-worker got laid off. Trust me we don't like sending messages, we claw and scratch out way out of them if at all possible. I DO NOT work in HR but we send their messages.

2014-01-28 1:21 PM

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Originally posted by gr33n I think some people have mentioned insomia issues in the past. Does anyone know if its cyclical ? I'm going though a terrible stretch right now.

I may have to track that for me.  I know I have problems in cycles, and when I was low on work outs/exercise because of the 12 -16 hour days of work,  I slept poorly, but that could have been the stress of trying to make the shipments.

2014-01-28 1:44 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

/rant off

Haha I am in Corporate Communications and was given employee communications after my co-worker got laid off. Trust me we don't like sending messages, we claw and scratch out way out of them if at all possible. I DO NOT work in HR but we send their messages.

I send my own messages! A-Thankyouverymuch

And I will now sign them

-Evil HR Overlord

2014-01-28 2:19 PM
in reply to: bradleyd3

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Originally posted by bradleyd3

/rant off

I send my own messages! A-Thankyouverymuch And I will now sign them -Evil HR Overlord 2nd place finisher in the battle at Redman to JFORD

Fixt

2014-01-28 4:01 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX
Originally posted by jford2309

/rant off

I send my own messages! A-Thankyouverymuch And I will now sign them -Evil HR Overlord 2nd place finisher in the battle at Redman to JFORD

Fixt

Don't start none, won't be none.

Suggest you take your own advice partna!

2014-01-28 4:11 PM
in reply to: bradleyd3

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

/rant off

Fixt

Don't start none, won't be none. Suggest you take your own advice partna!

I suggest to get ready to lose

Partna!

2014-01-28 4:17 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

/rant off

Fixt

Don't start none, won't be none. Suggest you take your own advice partna!

I suggest to get ready to lose

Partna!

That's your comeback???? Tell you what, I'll give that one back to you to reconsider, think about, and repost.

Maybe write it down and run it by some folks before you post too.

2014-01-29 3:23 AM

User image

Regular
Madrid
Another night of 4 hours sleep. 2:38 a.m. BING wide awake. I know every crack and bump and spot on the ceiling.
2014-01-29 4:13 AM

User image

Pro
Originally posted by gr33n

Another night of 4 hours sleep. 2:38 a.m. BING wide awake. I know every crack and bump and spot on the ceiling.

I feel for you. Insomnia sucks. Are you stressed out about something?

2014-01-29 4:17 AM

User image

Melon Presser

G'day sweet Maryveggieboy. Have I told you how much I love you and your sig line lately? {MELON PRESS}

Hiya TANnonites!

2014-01-29 7:03 AM

User image

Regular
Madrid

Originally posted by gr33n

I feel for you. Insomnia sucks. Are you stressed out about something?

Other than kids, job security, debt, bills, health I'd have to say no not really. I think its just one of those stretches.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » TAN 202: A bunch of rotTAN apples Rss Feed  

of 80

RELATED POSTS

To tan or not to tan - and I do not mean TAN Pages: 1 2

Started by The Nat
Views: 4724 Posts: 44

2009-03-08 12:02 PM hooslisa

TAN #53 World Champion TAN Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85

Started by TriToy
Views: 28415 Posts: 2116

2008-10-15 3:50 PM lisac957

TAN #51: TAN and Deliver Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85

Started by JChristoff
Views: 22308 Posts: 2119

2008-10-10 2:03 PM 1stTimeTri

TAN #29 The case of the disappearing TAN Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88

Started by TriToy
Views: 33466 Posts: 2190

2008-06-19 7:13 PM Aikidoman

Tan (not TAN) lines Pages: 1 2

Started by JoshKaptur
Views: 2534 Posts: 29

2007-05-31 11:06 PM jknapman
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 15, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Recipes for Oatmeal Pancakes, Carrot Apple Muffins, Sugar and Spice Pecans and Crunchy Trail Mix

date : October 4, 2007
author : R_Laberje
comments : 14
Humorous short story about giving up feminine luxuries for the triathlon fitness lifestyle.