Fat Rabbit Racing
83F / 28C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 17m 34s
Overall Rank = 26/71
Age Group = Clydesdale
Age Group Rank = 1/3
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 4 to drive up to the race. Leisurely drive, saw deer on the way three times so drove slow. Stopped and bought a gatorade and drank that with my banana breakfast and rocckin roll bar. Set up transition area and relized I forgot the watch portion of my HRM. BUMMER!!! Everything else was ready to go.
Event warmup:

Swam 300m in pool and did a small jog on course. Stretched the calves out really good and some other light stretching. Walked around but did nto know anyone.
Swim
  • 03m 32s
  • 164 yards
  • 02m 09s / 100 yards
Comments:

Was a really good swim for me with the exception of sucking in water twice. I am sure the Lifeguards at the pool thought I was going down as I stopped to cough, but was able to get back in groove and go. 250 yard run to T1 added much to my time. I felt like I was cruising and almost caught the guy in front of me despite his 50m head start.
What would you do differently?:

not swallow water, run harder to T1.
Transition 1
  • 01m 52s
Comments:

I had one of the slower T1 times. Seemed like it took me alot of time and it did, could not get helmet done up, slow with shoes, and fumbled getting into peddles.

Be more efficient
Bike
  • 38m 36s
  • 12 miles
  • 18.65 mile/hr
Comments:

Was pretty winded until I was a mile in. Then kind of got in a groove that felt good. Feeling good I upped the gear to go a little faster and it was not a problem. Started sweating during the ride, and as some drips started to come down I was wondering if I was going too hard, but I felt good. This was unusual since I normally do not sweat much during my training rides. I went with it and it worked out. My glasses fogged at the start and since it was overcast and foggy I ended wearing my glasses on my nose the whole ride. Had bugs in eyes which sucked big time. Was not sure if I was skilled enough to take them off and clean them so on the nose they stayed. Did I mention the rough roads??? Ride was still good despite these small pains. Drank Gatorade from water bottle during the ride. Was able to finish it in about 8 drinks during the ride which felt like the right amount. No sloshy feeling like the last race and hydration was good. No food or gu's since race was so short.

Good ride, pasted about 10 people and got passed by only one. He ended up being the overall winner. THe rough roads made it a bit harder and should have been faster. Wind also slowed me a little.

Figure out why glasses fogged and maybe use antifog spray to eliminate bugs in eyes.
Transition 2
  • 01m 45s
Comments:

Was again pretty slow, but took time to put on socks thankfully os no blisters like last race. Had 50 yard run with bike to racks and ran wrong way out of T2. Thankfully one of the volunteers yelled at me and only went about 10 yds.

Better dismount, go correct direction out T area
Run
  • 31m 51s
  • 3.29 miles
  • 09m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

Ended up being better than I thought it was and was 30 sec /m faster than 3 weeks ago. Flet liek it was worse, and could not get in a groove the whole run. Pretty frustrated by the time I made it to the finish. Tried to run hard last 1/4 mile but had nothing left so I just strided it home. Got passed by a few of the good girls and found myself "watching" them run rather than focusing on my own run.

train more in the run, figure out way to get into groove better, not stare at girls like an old perve.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around a little and drink a coule of water. Went to finish line to cheer in the other runners. Figured I should do it here since normally I am not the one finishing towards the front. Chatted a few folks up while we waited on people to come in. Really enjoyed the warm down. Went and had food and watched award ceremony. HAd no idea I won until they called my name since when the times were posted right after race my name was not on ANY list. Small cpu glitch caused this but they fixed. I also had forgotten my watch and did not look at clock when I crossed. I was really beginning to wonder, btu ended up with hardware. Yea me!!!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

run training

Event comments:

I only say too easy because the swim was short. However there seemed like there were as many volunteers as there racers. They could have used more drink stations on the run, there was only one which was the same one that was on the bike. Very organized and lots of food, music, and support after the race. I had a good time. I will most likely do another fatrabbit race again based on this event.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2006-07-24 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:03:32 | 164 yards | 02m 09s / 100yards
Age Group: 1/3
Overall: 14/71
Performance: Good
Suit: Compression shorts and run shorts
Course: Six lanes serpentine swim. Pretty short since it was the first annual tri and they wanted to get as many people as they could into the event. Staggered start and swim each lane of pool one time. We seeded ourselves by asking each other how fast they would swim. Amazingly I was near the front.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus:
Water temp: 84F / 29C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:52
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Bad
Biking
00:38:36 | 12 miles | 18.65 mile/hr
Overall: 16/71
Performance: Good
Wind: Some with gusts
Course: Mostly flat with a few small rollers and one little hill. Pretty fast course except the township had decided to tar and chip the road a week prior to the event. I asked one of the race directors and she said the township had promised do do this AFTER the tri but oh well. Tis took up about half the course which was pretty sad. Rough ride and could have been faster without that mess. Some loose stones in the turns due to the recent road work. Saw one girl crash but she was OK, she flew by me in the run after so she could not have been too bad.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence: 96
Turns: Below average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:45
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Average
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Below average
Running
00:31:51 | 03.29 miles | 09m 41s  min/mile
Overall: 35/71
Performance: Average
Course: Pretty flat course with only two small rollers.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too easy
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-07-29 5:23 PM

User image

Expert
Ross, Ohio
Subject: Shelby MedCentral YMCA

2006-07-29 8:19 PM
in reply to: #497028

User image

Master
Granvile, Ohio
Subject: RE: Shelby MedCentral YMCA

Geeze, you're getting pretty good at this stuff!  Great times on all three legs!

Congrats on the hardware - (you'd better start building a cabinet.....)

2006-07-31 1:59 PM
in reply to: #497028

User image

Extreme Veteran
northeast Ohio
Subject: RE: Shelby MedCentral YMCA

Alright!!!!!!!!  Congratulations on the hardware!!!!!!!  Very very nice job.  Wish I could have done this tri too.  Maybe next time.

Diane

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Shelby MedCentral YMCA Rss Feed