Pro
Subject: RE: Incognito

Originally posted by mrbbrad

Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by Kido

This conversation is going in all kinds of directions.  Are we saying that because the culture of football is combative, confrontational, and harassing, that it's ok to leave voice mail messages calling someone a Half n-word and "I'm going to sh*t in your mother's mouth"?  If that IS acceptable in that culture, is that good?

People aren't seeing the forest for the tress. It's almost laughable to read some of the posts and how people are rationalizing this behavior, except that it's not funny. It's disturbing.

Read what the players themselves say about their "workplace".....read some of the quotes in the article I linked by a former player who was harrassed and considered "weird'.   Again, there is such an extrememly small group of people who "work" in that "workplace" I don't  get why we would even attempt to understand it or make it something that fits our idea of a "normal workplace"...... that's just silly.

Maybe it's silly, or maybe they can't see the forest because they are the trees.

It's their forest....they can police it as they see fit.   Martin will get a settlement and his behavior will further instill the idea that you don't go outside the locker room with this crap.....and life in the NFL will go on.

They could up 'til now anyway. Things will never be the same.

Sure they will.  They were the same after the Vikings took strippers on a yacht, they were the same after the Saints paid to injure people, and it has been the same through countless cases just like this one with Martin.  You're not going to change those guys or that game.....they like it just fine as it is....and don't care what we think about their "workplace"......it's a badge of honor to them that the rest of us could never hope to "work" there.

And the best part?  We send them enough money that they can pay off anyone who gets their feelings hurt to insure their culture doesn't change.

Edited by Left Brain 2013-11-08 2:00 PM

2013-11-09 2:22 PM
in reply to: #4893090

User image

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete
Rule #1. If you are a jerk, and you have something jerky to say, make sure it is not recorded in any fashion.
Rule #2. See rule #1.
2013-11-10 8:47 PM
in reply to: pga_mike

User image

Master
Originally posted by pga_mike

Rule #1. If you are a jerk, and you have something jerky to say, make sure it is not recorded in any fashion.
Rule #2. See rule #1.

Rule #3 Never say anything you don't want to read on the front pager on the newspaper
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Incognito Rss Feed  

of 5