Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2013-11-05 3:51 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: Incognito

What a piece of work...

There will be some kinds of people I will never understand.  What possible joy can you get out of what he was doing?  Glad he's out.  Hope he never comes back...  I think there has to be a cost to harassment, hate speech, and bullying, even if it's only "talk".  Hit people in their wallet, they may pay attention.

It's very interesting hearing opinion on how people felt it should have been responded to.

2013-11-05 3:57 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX
Subject: RE: Incognito
Originally posted by Kido

What a piece of work...

There will be some kinds of people I will never understand.  What possible joy can you get out of what he was doing?  Glad he's out.  Hope he never comes back...  I think there has to be a cost to harassment, hate speech, and bullying, even if it's only "talk".  Hit people in their wallet, they may pay attention.

It's very interesting hearing opinion on how people felt it should have been responded to.

He's not so incognito now.....

Real question will be if the Dolphins knew (or should have known) about the alleged harassment. If it can proved they knew and did nothing, then you're talking MAJOR ramification. If they were aware and addressed the situation and they thought it was handled, then it limits their liabilities as an employer (basically an affirmative defense).

Wonder if there will be any additional players come forward, regarding systemic harassment by Incognito and/or the club. This could get more interesting as it goes on.

2013-11-05 3:57 PM

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
I keep,thinking about how far that behavior would last at my workplace. There's reasons 1 to infinity he shouldn't play again.
2013-11-05 3:58 PM
in reply to: bradleyd3

User image

Champion
Originally posted by bradleyd3

What a piece of work...

He's not so incognito now.....

Real question will be if the Dolphins knew (or should have known) about the alleged harassment. If it can proved they knew and did nothing, then you're talking MAJOR ramification. If they were aware and addressed the situation and they thought it was handled, then it limits their liabilities as an employer (basically an affirmative defense).

Wonder if there will be any additional players come forward, regarding systemic harassment by Incognito and/or the club. This could get more interesting as it goes on.

And I doubt he was an army of 1. The Vegas trip where $15,000 was extorted as for "us veterans". Seems Incognito had others who joined in.
2013-11-05 3:58 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

What do you think the over/under is on Incognito either offing himself or getting himself into a situation where law enforcement have no option but to off him?

ETA: I'm serious.  I'm not making lite of his situation.  He is borderline psychotic.  And I wouldn't be surprised if either of these happened within the next 6-12 months.  I hope I'm proven wrong.

Edited by crowny2 2013-11-05 3:59 PM
2013-11-05 4:10 PM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Pro

Originally posted by crowny2

What do you think the over/under is on Incognito either offing himself or getting himself into a situation where law enforcement have no option but to off him?

ETA: I'm serious.  I'm not making lite of his situation.  He is borderline psychotic.  And I wouldn't be surprised if either of these happened within the next 6-12 months.  I hope I'm proven wrong.

How do you know that?

2013-11-05 4:12 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

Originally posted by Left Brain

How do you know that?

He appears to be borderline psychotic.  To me.  How's that?

2013-11-05 4:32 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

What a piece of work...

The whole situation is sad. I will be completely unsurprised if:

1. He comes out with an apologetic statement.
  2. He disappears into rehab.
  3. He returns.

However, the list of people in the wrong could be as long as your arm. Him, his teammates, his coaches, management, ownership, etc. I saw that he had trouble in college and in the pros in the past.  When the whole story comes out, and it will, it always does, I bet it will be UGLY. 

Just sad.

2013-11-05 4:43 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago

How do you know that?

Because he's crazy.
2013-11-05 4:46 PM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX
Originally posted by mr2tony

How do you know that?

Because he's crazy.

*insert Nebraska joke here*
2013-11-05 4:49 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago

How do you know that?

Because he's crazy.

Nebraska: Our Players Are Crazier Than Yours

2013-11-05 5:19 PM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Cowboys will probably sign him. 

2013-11-05 5:39 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Champion
Originally posted by jeffnboise

Cowboys Bengals will probably sign him. 

2013-11-05 6:51 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

How do you know that?

Because he's crazy.

Bripod mentioned this to me today.

"A meeting of all Nebraskans wishing to support Richie Incognito will be held this evening in the backseat of a Mini Cooper"

2013-11-05 7:15 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Originally posted by tuwood

How do you know that?

Because he's crazy.

Bripod mentioned this to me today.

"A meeting of all Nebraskans wishing to support Richie Incognito will be held this evening in the backseat of a Mini Cooper"

Recall that he transferred to Oregon and received the "thanks, but no thanks" treatment.
2013-11-05 7:36 PM

User image

Master
Beijing

Originally posted by bradleyd3  He's not so incognito now..... 

As one of my fb friends said:  "It seems he's really making a name for himself now!"

2013-11-05 8:54 PM
in reply to: pitt83

User image

Master
Folsom (Sacramento), CA
Originally posted by pitt83

Originally posted by jeffnboise

Cowboys Bengals will probably sign him. 

Clearly a future Raider
2013-11-05 9:07 PM

User image

Pro

His teammates pretty much say they'd take him over Martin. 

To say someone will kill their self in the next 6 months is pretty crazy to me.....so I don't know. 

So will hazing now be outlawed in NFL locker rooms?  If not, why?  What's the difference?  Do we think Johnson is the first NFL player to deal with this?  I doubt it.

I guess it fits right in with the pussification of the NFL.

Edited by Left Brain 2013-11-05 9:23 PM
2013-11-05 9:33 PM

User image

Pro

Kyle Turley described for Time an incident in 1998 in which he and other rookies ran down a hallway with pillowcases over their heads and were kicked and punched by teammates............he somehow survived and nobody wanted to kill themselves.

Funny deal....apparently Martin didn't bring the issue forward.....his agent did.....yeah, no ulterior motive there.

2013-11-05 10:33 PM

User image

Elite

To say someone will kill their self in the next 6 months is pretty crazy to me.....so I don't know. 

So will hazing now be outlawed in NFL locker rooms?  If not, why?  What's the difference?  Do we think Johnson is the first NFL player to deal with this?  I doubt it.

They do have to abide by current trends in America.

2013-11-06 2:47 AM
in reply to: powerman

Veteran
Lost, Florida
I really don't know why people are surprised by this. It happens every season. Why is this one being singled out? Wasn't it Dez Bryant who refused to carry players pads as requried as "Rookie treatment" in Cowboy camp. Rookies are required to bring donuts and food to morning meetings for a lot of teams. Veterans take the Rookies out for dinner then stick them with the $30k+ bill for dinner. It makes the news every year.

2013-11-06 5:33 AM

User image

Champion

Do I take it you're in favor of legalizing harassment in the work place, even of a racial nature?
2013-11-06 6:12 AM
in reply to: sfm15

Master
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by sfm15

I really don't know why people are surprised by this. It happens every season. Why is this one being singled out? Wasn't it Dez Bryant who refused to carry players pads as requried as "Rookie treatment" in Cowboy camp. Rookies are required to bring donuts and food to morning meetings for a lot of teams. Veterans take the Rookies out for dinner then stick them with the $30k+ bill for dinner. It makes the news every year.

To me, there is a huge difference to "requiring" people to bring in donuts to breakfast and calling someone a "half N- piece of [blank]" and threatening to kill him.
2013-11-06 6:56 AM
in reply to: pitt83

User image

Pro

Do I take it you're in favor of legalizing harassment in the work place, even of a racial nature?

HA!!!!!!!!  So now we're going to use an NFL football locker room/field as a microcosm of the "workplace" huh?  Give me a break.. Try getting into a fight with one of your co-workers and see what happens.....it's so common in that atmosphere that it's not even given a second thought.  Of course I don't condone harassment.....but hazing is a part of everyday life in the NFL.....oh, excuse me, the workplace of the NFL.  Yeah, I think he went too far with the racial slurs....and I think he was way out of bounds when he made the calls outside of.....wait for it....the workplace.  But to say Incognito is a psychopath, suicidal, etc. is equally over the top. 

There are now confirmed sources who say that coaches on the Dolphins told Incognito, as the leader of the O line, to toughen Martin up.  Do I think it's a good idea to turn the Alpha dog loose on the puppy?  No, but what do you expect from Incognito....that's the way he plays the game, and his teammates love him for it.

I can't believe this is news......and to place some kind of "workplace standard" on an NFL practice or locker room  is laughable. 

2013-11-06 7:25 AM

User image

Champion

HA!!!!!!!!  So now we're going to use an NFL football locker room/field as a microcosm of the "workplace" huh?  Give me a break.. Try getting into a fight with one of your co-workers and see what happens.....it's so common in that atmosphere that it's not even given a second thought.  Of course I don't condone harassment.....but hazing is a part of everyday life in the NFL.....oh, excuse me, the workplace of the NFL.  Yeah, I think he went too far with the racial slurs....and I think he was way out of bounds when he made the calls outside of.....wait for it....the workplace.  But to say Incognito is a psychopath, suicidal, etc. is equally over the top. 

There are now confirmed sources who say that coaches on the Dolphins told Incognito, as the leader of the O line, to toughen Martin up.  Do I think it's a good idea to turn the Alpha dog loose on the puppy?  No, but what do you expect from Incognito....that's the way he plays the game, and his teammates love him for it.

I can't believe this is news......and to place some kind of "workplace standard" on an NFL practice or locker room  is laughable. 

Thanks for confirming my viewpoint. Somehow, illegal conduct has been condoned in locker rooms for way too long.

And please don't laugh at and mock my viewpoint. Thank you.

Edited by pitt83 2013-11-06 7:26 AM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Incognito Rss Feed  

of 5