General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Update: OSU Ross TriFit Challenge Triathlon - Columbus, OH Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-11-08 11:34 AM

New user
Subject: Update: OSU Ross TriFit Challenge Triathlon - Columbus, OH
Early bird registration is OPEN for the 2014 triathlon at www.rosswellnessseries.org. There is a new tiered entry fee structure for the triathlon this year. We appreciate all the feedback from those who participated this past year and from the triathlon community on opportunities to grow this outstanding event. A couple of other key items:

* Transition #2 is on the field of Ohio State Stadium and the Finish line is at the 50 yard line. (Yes, you run bike onto the Stadium football field to transition)
* The jumbo screen and scoreboards will again be used to capture your arrival and finish in the stadium.
* There is a duathlon added.
* There is a collegiate division
* The YMCA corporate challenge is part of the event so get your company involved in the challenge.
* We will have a TriFIt Tailgate at the stadium post-event complete with food, awards ceremony, inflatables for kids, and live music.
* Our goal is to #raisethebar and create a world-class triathlon that will bring heart health champions from across the US to Columbus on June 22 and join in the fight to end heart disease.

And most importantly, your entry fee is tax-deductible and will be used for patient care, treatment, and research to end heart disease.

2013-11-08 2:35 PM
in reply to: Greenswell

User image

Regular
Columbus
Subject: RE: Update: OSU Ross TriFit Challenge Triathlon - Columbus, OH
I just want to say thank you for re-considering your fee structure. I am one who wanted to race last year but didn't because of the price, and while I understand that it is a tax-deductible donation going to a great cause, I honestly just didn't have the money to be able to do it. With the early-bird pricing, I hope to sign up soon and am excited to be able to do the race this year!
2013-11-10 8:58 AM

User image

When does early bird pricing end and the price go up?
2014-01-19 9:53 AM

User image

Expert
I just registered, will be first race in a long time. Here is to getting back into the groove
2014-01-30 10:28 AM
in reply to: ajusf16

New user
Exciting things happening - TriFit Tailgate - "Rockin' the Shoe at OSU" featuring live bands, hot food, party, exhibitors, etc.....AND finish inside OSU Stadium with your name announced by same announcer as OSU Football Games, featured finish on stadium Scoreboard...check out Ross TriFit Challenge facebook to see pics of T2 in the stadium, finish, amenities. Best in Class!
2014-02-18 12:31 PM

New user
Early Bird registration expires Feb 28. Don't miss out this exciting triathlon through the streets of Columbus, OH that finishes inside OSU Stadium.

2014-02-25 4:15 PM

User image

Regular
Columbus
Hi! I just registered and am excited for this race! A quick question though; the website says there will be an Athena division but I didn't see anywhere on the registration to select that I wanted to race Athena. How do I do that? Thanks!
2014-02-26 8:44 AM
in reply to: NDIrishO3

User image

Expert
now that you mention that, I do not remember selecting clydesdale
2014-03-03 8:12 AM
in reply to: ajusf16

New user
I sent a note to OSU about Athena and Clydesdale. You can send me a note at [email protected] and I will let you know status off-forum. Thanks.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Update: OSU Ross TriFit Challenge Triathlon - Columbus, OH Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

OSU Ross TriFit Challenge Triathlon - Columbus, OH

Started by Greenswell
Views: 5550 Posts: 21

2013-05-03 6:04 AM JStenstri

Columbus, OH Endurance Sports Expo - free!

Started by ahohl
Views: 3896 Posts: 14

2011-02-04 12:17 PM trinergy

OSU Indoor Triathlon : Official Thread Pages: 1 2

Started by mdougc
Views: 4317 Posts: 33

2010-02-01 8:07 AM mdougc

Columbus Challenge Delaware Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by bruehoyt
Views: 1470 Posts: 8

2009-07-26 8:20 PM bruehoyt

Columbus Challenge Delaware Duathlon : Official Thread

Started by PGilger
Views: 1054 Posts: 3

2009-04-17 1:19 PM du2Tri
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 14, 2008
author : dr_forbush
comments : 0
In addition to writing your race number on each upper arm, they also wrote your age on your calf. This allowed me to see who was passing me by in the bike section of this race.

date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.
date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.

date : January 7, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 4
We were all there once, a beginner. Time to take the challenge and help a beginner triathlete!
date : January 29, 2006
author : lv2teach
comments : 1
It’s a challenge to push yourself a little harder and a little further. Be proud of every workout that is accomplished and every step-even the baby ones-that you take on this course to the finishline.

date : November 27, 2005
author : AMSSM
Try to view your injury as another athletic challenge and an opportunity for personal learning and growth. Identify the skills that help you succeed as an athlete.
date : September 3, 2005
author : infosteward
The Boulder Peak bike course is legendary. It is, literally and named as such, one of the toughest bike legs in the country.

date : August 31, 2004
WAYNESVILLE, Ohio (August 22, 2004) Professional triathlete Felipe Bastos (BRA/USA) took another trip to Ohio this weekend...