General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for a training partner Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-11-19 2:02 PM

User image

Long Beach, NY
Subject: Looking for a training partner
It's winter and that stinks and it makes it so hard to get moving! I live in Long Beach and am hoping to meet some people to train with through the winter. I am going to be joining the rec center and if anyone is looking for a couple rate ($150 each for the year) I'd be happy to join with you.

I've done 6 sprint and 2 Olympic triathlons and am planning my first 70.3 next year as well as my first marathon. I've always just kinda made it across the finish line and I think having a training partner would be an awesome way to keep motivated. I am part of a masters swim team as well but would be happy to do swim workouts anywhere.

I don't mind running outside in the cold weather but the bike is on the indoor trainer for the season! I try to do 1 spin class per week also. I'm not fast in any way and I don't care what your level is.

2013-12-03 7:16 PM
in reply to: tlynn721

Subject: RE: Looking for a training partner
I wish i lived close by, it would be awesome to have some motivation as well . Good luck !
2013-12-09 11:39 PM

User image

, New York
Hi Tlynn I live in Nassau County and currently training for my next season which would include mostly sprint triathlons and a half marathon possibly ending with a full marathon. I Swim in LA Fitness in New Hyde Park but can enter any LA fitness. I also run in Great Neck where I live and it has some pretty good hills. My background is running and I have been working on my swimming technique. I am behind your expertise but my motivation is high and dedicated to the training.

I wouldn't mind meeting at a pool or a track with others once a month to train even if it requires a bit of travel. It would be a good way to bring different experiences and knowledge to a group and train pushing limits and potential. Training on our own but meeting to keep each other in check. If you or anyone else along would consider the idea then I would be in interested.
2013-12-29 8:38 PM

Long Beach, New York
Hi Tracy,

I also joined the LB rec a few weeks ago. I've been training for marathons in the past but I'm ready to try something new. I signed up for the June 15 tri at Nickerson Beach and also for the NYC tri. It would be great to meet up at the rec. I usually swim around 11:30 and work in the afternoon.

Sue
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for a training partner Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Long Beach Newbie - Looking for training partner(s)

Started by tlynn721
Views: 1464 Posts: 7

2011-02-12 9:42 AM moriatesg

recovering from an injury and looking for swim partners in the meantime

Started by mrunner6
Views: 1275 Posts: 3

2010-07-15 9:41 PM mrunner6

WANTED : Training Partner !!!!!

Started by tomtech
Views: 1320 Posts: 2

2010-08-16 10:53 AM moriatesg

training partner

Started by ajrl56
Views: 822 Posts: 1

2009-07-14 9:17 PM ajrl56

Training partner north of Syracuse?

Started by WanabSpeedy
Views: 964 Posts: 4

2008-12-20 11:19 AM kcovert1
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2013
author : mistymills
comments : 5
Dog training techniques have surprising parallels to triathlon training and race preparation. All the lessons I THOUGHT were for my dogs started seeming very applicable to me! Here's what I learned.

date : September 6, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
The pros and cons of training with a group or training partner
date : September 6, 2011
author : mikericci
comments : 4
Triathlon Coach explains Zone 1 and Zone 2 training and the benefits of each training zone

date : July 28, 2011
author : NiceTriCoaching
comments : 1
If you're training your swim, bike and run, you're almost halfway there! This article explores what most athletes miss, and how to integrate it into your training plan.
date : January 8, 2010
author : FitWerx
How do I know if my cleats need to be adjusted? And how do you know in which direction to adjust them? I have been having medial knee pain and edema but my LBS says the cleat placement is fine.

date : February 17, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 13
I have pedals with the cage and when I ride 2+ hours my legs feel much more tired then if I took out my husband's bike with clipless pedals. Do clipless pedals truly make the difference?
date : October 20, 2008
author : EnduRight
Training is often a lonely proposition and sometimes we are our own worst enemies. Finding good training partners can provide you with that extra external motivation to bring out your best.

date : July 30, 2006
author : AMSSM
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.