General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hits tri coming to waconia Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-12-02 9:36 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Grove,MN
Subject: Hits tri coming to waconia
Im really interested in where the full bike will end up going. Im thinking about doing the Half that weekend.

http://www.hitstriathlonseries.com/waconia-mn

2013-12-03 7:19 AM
in reply to: Dg0113

User image

Expert
Lakeville, MN
Subject: RE: Hits tri coming to waconia
That is really funny that they say the 3200 acre lake is a "perfect spot for a calm water swim" the race organizers have obviously never swam there before, if the wind is from the NW, it is ANYTHING but calm

Either way, this definately just made my list of races to do next year, just need to decide on the distance
2013-12-03 8:24 AM
in reply to: benihana

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

Wow, it's pretty exciting to have a full iron option in the area!  Not that I want to do it, but I like that in theory   I like biking in that area, although i am not sure I'd like the run unless it's all on the rail trail.

2013-12-03 10:36 AM

User image

Veteran
Maple Grove

Bummer!!! Guess I picked the wrong year to sign up for IM Wisconsin! LTF is moving the Maple Grove Tri up to that same weekend (Saturday), so the west metro is going to be busy with bikes. 

I've heard a lot of people say that if you're going to sign up for an Ironman, you should sign up for two within a relatively close time both for the experience and that you can carry the fitness into the second event without a huge build again. Would three weeks (Aug 16 to Sept 7) be enough time to recover to do another ironman? Maybe I'll post this on Tri Talk as well.

2013-12-03 10:38 AM
in reply to: rdailey1

User image

Expert
Lakeville, MN
seems a bit close to me, but I guess it will depend on how well you are trained and how you normally recover, and how hard you push the inital IM. I would ping Birkierunner with this question. I know he has done a few IM's close together, and he would be able to give you some good insight
2013-12-03 8:02 PM

User image

Minneapolis, MN
Originally posted by rdailey1

Bummer!!! Guess I picked the wrong year to sign up for IM Wisconsin! LTF is moving the Maple Grove Tri up to that same weekend (Saturday), so the west metro is going to be busy with bikes. 

I've heard a lot of people say that if you're going to sign up for an Ironman, you should sign up for two within a relatively close time both for the experience and that you can carry the fitness into the second event without a huge build again. Would three weeks (Aug 16 to Sept 7) be enough time to recover to do another ironman? Maybe I'll post this on Tri Talk as well.

LTF maple grove is moving weekends? The website still lists it as August 23rd....

2013-12-05 7:03 AM

User image

Master
Bloomington, MN

I think it is too close for back to back IMs.  I am considering the Oly as it will give me a last practice of T1, T2, etc. before IMWI.  I wouldn't even do the half that close. I guess you could try it; but IMWI is not an easy race to begin with.  Good luck.

2013-12-05 11:04 AM
in reply to: peteweb55403

User image

Veteran
Maple Grove

Originally posted by peteweb55403

LTF maple grove is moving weekends? The website still lists it as August 23rd....

I think I saw it actually at lifetime... I believe they don't want to conflict with the Chicago LTF tri which has traditionally been held that same last weekend of August. You're correct... the website is still showing August 23rd. Not sure if I was hallucinating or what?

2013-12-08 2:20 PM
in reply to: peteweb55403

User image

Regular
It's too bad that I've already registered for St. Paul Tri on 8/17.
Let's see what people say about it and possibly I'll do it in '15.
2013-12-26 4:23 PM

User image

Minneapolis, MN
So has anyone heard if this is basically replacing the other lake waconia tri that is traditionally around the end of June?

The original website says they have been bought by another company....
2013-12-26 5:11 PM
in reply to: #4907374

User image

Expert
Lakeville, MN
The Lake Waconia Tri that was at the end of June anounced that it was no longer going to run the race and was looking for a potential buyer. Since it was a BOUS qualifier race, there was a race at Lake Phalen that was set up as the qualifier for BOUS for this year and possibly beyond

HTH

2013-12-26 7:01 PM
in reply to: benihana

User image

Elite
I talked via online to the race director for the HITTS series races and he says they will have the course map up very soon, probably by the 3rd or the 4th of January. I figured the whole HITTTS series races would have been dead in the water the first year, but it looks like they are doing ok. This will be the 3rd or 4th year racing. Hope to see them make it. As far as a calm swim?? Well, I guess that really depends on the weather. I'm not ready to jump back into IM distance again yet but maybe in a few years. Have to check it out in 2014.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hits tri coming to waconia Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Waconia Tri! Pages: 1 2

Started by Dandy_Girl
Views: 3269 Posts: 45

2012-06-26 10:47 PM Me XMan

Official Lake Waconia Tri Thread

Started by FoggyGoggles
Views: 1872 Posts: 23

2011-06-28 7:42 AM FoggyGoggles

Lake Waconia Tri Pages: 1 2

Started by ejshowers
Views: 2677 Posts: 31

2009-07-23 3:12 PM Matchman

Chaska Tri...Who's Coming?

Started by Rheya's Assassin
Views: 1392 Posts: 8

2008-07-18 12:32 PM AcesFull

Entry into Waconia or Heart of the Lakes

Started by benihana
Views: 612 Posts: 1

2007-06-06 4:19 PM benihana
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 13, 2010
author : kcowart
comments : 11
I have always been an athlete, growing up playing team sports like basketball and soccer. I also ran in a couple of 10K races every year, so I had no reason to worry about running a 5K...right?

date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.
date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.

date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.
date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
comments : 0
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.
date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.