Bellingham, WA
Subject: RE: Lake Sammamish Half Marathon

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Anyone in for a reunion?

http://www.lakesammamishhalf.com/

March 8, 2014

Beers after.

Been looking forward to it.

Also, I've been super busy at work and haven't had time to congratulate you on not only your race this weekend but the whole XC season.  Lots of awesomeness there.

2013-12-17 11:09 AM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Seattle
2013-12-17 1:09 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

HIghly likely I will be there again this year.  Have been recovering for six weeks since surgery, hoping to try a few steps of running today and see how it goes.  I have high hopes!

2013-12-17 3:13 PM
in reply to: Medusa_Ann

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by Medusa_Ann

HIghly likely I will be there again this year.  Have been recovering for six weeks since surgery, hoping to try a few steps of running today and see how it goes.  I have high hopes!

Great! Hope to see you there!

2013-12-18 7:08 PM

User image

Veteran
Puyallup, WA
I've been seriously work focused the last couple years and need to get fitness motivated again, this looks like it will do! I'll likely sign up! I went out for a rare 5k a couple weeks ago and felt good enough to go 9.3, although my usual ol' pickup truck speed. I should be ready.

2013-12-19 11:54 AM
in reply to: Oldred

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by Oldred I've been seriously work focused the last couple years and need to get fitness motivated again, this looks like it will do! I'll likely sign up! I went out for a rare 5k a couple weeks ago and felt good enough to go 9.3, although my usual ol' pickup truck speed. I should be ready.

I have found the best way to get fitness motivated is to have a race on the horizon. Hope to see you there! 

2013-12-19 12:41 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

A few changes to the event that I heard about that should improve things are that parking will be handled differently so no more backup onto the freeway.  The switchbacks through the parking lot at the end will be eliminated with the extra distance added to the course before you enter the trail near the start.  Also, the race does sell out so don't wait too long to signup. 

To make things easy should we just plan on post-race festivities at the same place as last year?  I forgot what the place was called in Redmond.  I think it was the Redmond's Bar and Grill.

Edited by popsracer 2013-12-19 12:43 PM
2013-12-19 2:53 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Puyallup, WA
I will be there again this year. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Glad to hear they have eliminated the switchbacks at the end of the race.

Edited by ericwjacobson 2013-12-19 2:53 PM
2013-12-20 7:56 AM

User image

Veteran
Puyallup, WA
I'm signed up!
2013-12-26 2:55 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by popsracer

A few changes to the event that I heard about that should improve things are that parking will be handled differently so no more backup onto the freeway.  The switchbacks through the parking lot at the end will be eliminated with the extra distance added to the course before you enter the trail near the start.  Also, the race does sell out so don't wait too long to signup. 

To make things easy should we just plan on post-race festivities at the same place as last year?  I forgot what the place was called in Redmond.  I think it was the Redmond's Bar and Grill.

Yeah, it was something like that. Let's wait until we get a little closer and then pick a spot. My only request is that it has beer and food.

Very happy to hear they got rid of the switchbacks. Talk about a buzzkill at the end of a race

2013-12-29 12:16 AM

User image

Regular
Portland, Oregon
That is right between snake river half (3/1) and Badger Mountain (3/29). Add in a possible sprint Tri on the 20th, and I should pass. Racing is fun, but hard on the wallet.

Have fun!
2013-12-30 1:38 PM
in reply to: dfroelich

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Tomorrow is last day for early bird special pricing.

2013-12-30 2:43 PM
in reply to: dfroelich

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by dfroelich That is right between snake river half (3/1) and Badger Mountain (3/29). Add in a possible sprint Tri on the 20th, and I should pass. Racing is fun, but hard on the wallet. Have fun!

You could still come and have a beer after. Or maybe stand on the course and direct me so I don't get lost

2014-01-02 4:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Seattle, Washington
I'm in! New to the state and excited to join in with the BTers here.
2014-01-02 4:41 PM
in reply to: MechEChick

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by MechEChick I'm in! New to the state and excited to join in with the BTers here.

Awesome!!! Welcome to Washington! 

Whereabouts do you live and where did you come from?

2014-01-02 5:03 PM

User image

Veteran
Seattle, Washington
I live in West Seattle and I came from Colorado!
2014-01-02 6:37 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by MechEChick I live in West Seattle and I came from Colorado!

Sa-weet! I also live in West Seattle. 

2014-01-02 11:57 PM

User image

Veteran
Seattle, Washington
Originally posted by Asalzwed

Sa-weet! I also live in West Seattle. 

Sweet!
2014-01-03 9:17 AM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

I got signed up so now I have a goal to get my miles up.  Looking forward to it!

2014-01-03 6:25 PM
in reply to: Medusa_Ann

User image

Extreme Veteran
Both my wife and I are signed up. We are hoping to PR for a half marathon and have been training like crazy to do it but with my luck it is a toss up if we do it. I think we have family stuff planned for after the race but I would have to check with my wife on that. Either way I hope everyone has safe training and a great time at the race.

(this will be my first time at this half but I have heard the course is fairly fast - has anyone done this course and North Olympic Discovery? That is where most of my Half Marathon times are from so I am wondering how the courses compare for difficulty)

2014-01-03 7:40 PM
in reply to: bel83

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by bel83 Both my wife and I are signed up. We are hoping to PR for a half marathon and have been training like crazy to do it but with my luck it is a toss up if we do it. I think we have family stuff planned for after the race but I would have to check with my wife on that. Either way I hope everyone has safe training and a great time at the race. (this will be my first time at this half but I have heard the course is fairly fast - has anyone done this course and North Olympic Discovery? That is where most of my Half Marathon times are from so I am wondering how the courses compare for difficulty)

I haven't done North Olympic but I cannot imagine a flatter, faster course than Lake Samm.  This years course will be even faster because the one little hill that detoured the course up to the road at about mile nine is gone as the trail is now complete and the multiple switchbacks at the end have been eliminated.  About the only way to get a faster course would be a point to point with negative elevation.  Hope you are able to join up after the race.

2014-02-17 5:24 PM

User image

Seattle

It's now sold out so I hope that everyone that wanted to run got registered. 

I'm probably going to run a few miles to cool down afterwards if anyone would like to join me.

Where shall we meet afterwards?

2014-02-19 1:50 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

I don't care where we go as long as the beer is cold.  Last year's spot was fine but open to whatever.

2014-02-19 1:52 PM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

Hopefully this year I can make it to the reunion--I am not letting my friend end up in the ER again!  There's a chance I can't run it, having some knee issues that are making training pretty tough, but even if I can't run, I will still go drink, cuz knees don't get in the way of that!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Sammamish Half Marathon Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Lake Sammamish Half Marathon : Official Thread Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by Muskrat37
Views: 5316 Posts: 82

2013-03-14 4:17 PM swbkrun

Lake Sammamish 1/2 Marathon

Started by Medusa_Ann
Views: 4272 Posts: 15

2011-04-14 11:04 AM Medusa_Ann

Idylwood Park (Lake Sammamish)

Started by swbkrun
Views: 1114 Posts: 1

2009-06-04 11:33 AM swbkrun

Lake Sammamish Sprint - Training Buddy

Started by rickshawmandikngo
Views: 1061 Posts: 2

2009-05-22 12:18 PM ultrahip_00

Lake Sammamish Sprint

Started by photonic
Views: 2397 Posts: 25

2008-08-25 7:00 PM Medusa_Ann
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 24, 2010
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
My question is am I playing with fire entering the half marathon this close to my primary goal for this season which is the HIM?

date : November 17, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 7
I just started doing tris this summer and I have two under my belt, both sprints. Is it reasonable to build up for a Oly in early ‘09, with a HIM in Oct of ‘09
date : September 24, 2008
author : Amy Kuitse
I am running Boston in April and Ironman Lake Placid is in July. I have been told that it is ambitious to think about doing an IM so close to a marathon due to the recovery time. Any suggestions?

date : August 10, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
The first time I ventured into the deep murky green lake and could not see the bottom my muscles tensed and my imagined fears surfaced. What exactly lies beneath?
date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.

date : October 24, 2005
author : mikericci
This program should be used for an athlete whose goal is to run a marathon in the 1:30-2:30 range and has a good running base in the past 8-12 weeks.
date : October 2, 2005
author : smeeko
comments : 2
I will assume you have not run consistently more than 6 miles and have never completed a half-marathon. I believe running your first half-marathon is a big task which requires dedication and work.

date : January 10, 2005
author : ewkfit
My training was taking off. I had never felt stronger. I was making bigger strides than I ever had. I was stronger and faster than I had imagined myself ever being.