General Discussion Race Reports! » CCNS State Time Trial Championship Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

CCNS State Time Trial Championship - Cycle

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Durham, Connecticut
United States
CCNS
Total Time = 25m 30s
Overall Rank = 1/26
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I rode my bike up to the race about 15 miles
Bike
  • 25m 30s
  • 10 miles
  • 23.53 mile/hr
Comments:

I hadn't been riding much and especially not my TT bike. I broke out the TT bike for the first time the week before this race and decided to do it for the heck of it because it was cheap and close to home and short. I really could have used a month to get used to the TT bike again after a few months off it completely.

This was the CAT 4 and 5 State Championship and I had no idea what to expect. I had never done one. I had to start first and there were 30 second sendoffs meaning I had nobody to chase down but would be looking over my shoulder the entire time as some of the CAT 4s looked serious and had skin suits etc...I didn't even put my disk on for this race thinking it was no big deal.

This one finished on a climb which made me nervous because that is my weakness. If was flat I would been way more confident. Some how I scraped together about 315 watts for 25 minutes or so and took 1st place! There's one hill about halfway but I was still over 26 mph for the first 7 miles or so before having to climb at the end.

I won a medal and $100. Not bad for not really preparing for the race! I was pumped up and we were going to my inlaws to party for fathers day. My wife and girls picked me up and it was pretty awesome. My 5 year old was so excited and wearing my medal. She made me feel like I won the olympics.

Not much other insight except I was satisfied. I'd like to come back and maybe do it again after spending a month or two on the TT bike rather than the road bike 100% of the time. I was losing a lot of power (like 30 watts or so).
Post race

Last updated: 2013-12-17 12:00 AM
Biking
00:25:30 | 10 miles | 23.53 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/26
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2013-12-17 3:22 PM

User image

Master
Guilford, CT
Subject: CCNS State Time Trial Championship

2013-12-18 9:01 PM
in reply to: #4914725

User image

Subject: RE: CCNS State Time Trial Championship

Awesome job.  Big watts!!!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » CCNS State Time Trial Championship Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Utah State Time Trial Championships

Started by gerald12
Views: 1793 Posts: 1

2011-07-02 4:17 PM gerald12

Nebraskacycling State Time Trial Championship

Started by pengocyc
Views: 1222 Posts: 1

2010-06-14 8:02 AM pengocyc

Florida State Time Trial Championships

Started by pburnett
Views: 1596 Posts: 1

2010-05-02 8:56 PM pburnett

VA State Time Trial Championship

Started by TH3_FRB
Views: 2151 Posts: 2

2008-06-24 1:12 PM TH3_FRB

Texas State Time Trial Championship

Started by kpar
Views: 1398 Posts: 3

2007-08-05 4:58 PM grvfrog
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 13, 2013
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
CGI’s headline races are the New Jersey State Triathlon and Black Bear, which is a half-iron and Olympic distance race in the Poconos in early June. We interview the race director, Michelle Redrow.

date : February 29, 2012
author : sarals
Unforeseen challenges make for a compelling race.
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : September 16, 2010
author : LifterCatcher
comments : 3
As the fog cleared, the buoy that I first saw earlier in the morning was just the first marker in a very long line of buoys that stretched across the lake like a runway for a 747 jetliner.
date : October 8, 2008
author : FitWerx
How do you determine VO2 max for cycling? I have my HR zones from a time trial, but don't know how to get VO2 max out of that.

date : April 16, 2008
author : Team BT
Watch Christina Robeson, Chris Bagg, Janda Ricci-Munn and Lisbeth Kenyon battle it out at the 2008 Multisport World Expo in this 10K indoor time trial.
date : December 3, 2007
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Complete course preview of the New Jersey State triathlon featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!

date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!