Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Things that are ticking me off. Add yours on Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2013-12-19 7:04 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
Subject: RE: Things that are me off. Add yours on
I love how everyone complains about doctors being late (which is not ok in my world but is sometimes unavoidable) but everyone seems to accept it when the cable guy (or just about any service related field around here) tells you that they will be at your house between noon and five. How does that make sense?

2013-12-19 8:25 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Master
Beijing

Originally posted by mehaner

listening to people eat.  CLOSE YOUR DANG MOUTH FOOL.

Don't come to China!   My desk-mate (we share one LONG cube.) was eating an apple on Tuesday.   I really need to give him an apple and record it for everyone.

Remember in the cartoons when Bugs Bunny would chomp on his carrot.... several quick little bites followed by open-mouth chewing?   It was like that.   He would take about 7 little tiny bites from the apple, and then chew at 9000 rpm with his mouth open, then go back for more.

It was, at once, the most hilarious and frustrating thing I think I've ever heard. 

2013-12-19 9:06 PM
in reply to: wannabefaster

User image

Elite

If my doctor told me he would see me between 1 and 2... then he would be keeping his word. If I have an appointment at 1... then I plan on being seen at 1. How does that not make sense?

At least my surgeon tells me no to see him on certain days in the afternoon because chances are good he will be late or I will get bumped. That's as good as it gets.

I guess we will just have to leave it that it is frustrating on both sides of the issue.

2013-12-19 10:09 PM
in reply to: Hoos

User image

Master
Midlothian, VA

Originally posted by Hoos

Originally posted by Kido

We almost ALWAYS get into a fight before vacations because I'm getting sick about getting to the airport while she is thinking "as long as we get their just before the door closes, that's good enough, right?".

That's a core principle of business travellers... if you aren't arriving at the gate right when they're closing the door, then you're just wasting time somewhere!

I like it when they invite me onto the plane by name and I walk in with my shoes off.  That's good timing!

2013-12-20 3:34 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

windsor, Ontario
Been doing quite a bit of Christmas shopping this month and I've noticed one thing that blows my gasket. You'll see a great parking spot, get ready to park, and see some lazy butthead has left a friggen shopping cart in the middle of the space. How much effort does it take to put it back?!?!?! Wal-Mart is the worst for this.

Edited by GregDufour 2013-12-20 3:34 AM
2013-12-20 9:16 AM
in reply to: wannabefaster

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by wannabefaster I love how everyone complains about doctors being late (which is not ok in my world but is sometimes unavoidable) but everyone seems to accept it when the cable guy (or just about any service related field around here) tells you that they will be at your house between noon and five. How does that make sense?

I don't accept that. I tell them to have their service tech call me when he is 10 minutes out and I will meet him at my house. It's worked every time so far...

2013-12-20 10:37 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by dmiller5

How about people that just have zero awareness of anything around them. Mostly in stores, drivers, and pool walkers who walk directly in front of you.

"In the way people" as Bill Burr calls them.  This is probably #1 on my list.

2013-12-20 11:08 AM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Not to implicate an entire country but there seem to be A LOT of such people where I live in Vietnam. Drivers, motorbike drivers, and pedestrians.Texting or phoning while driving/motorbiking/walking is probably a big contributor.
2013-12-20 11:14 AM
in reply to: dtoce

User image

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete

Driving only

The left lane is for passing.  Not traveling. Especially if you are going 10 mph UNDER the speed limit.  But the process is:

1) Drive in right lane until you start to catch up with a car.

2) Put on left directional.

3) Shift to left lane while accelerating, and turn off directional

4) When you are at least 2 car lengths ahead of slower car, put on right directional

5) Without slowing, return to right lane, and turn off directional

6) Return to your desired driving pace

2013-12-20 11:50 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by lisac957

Originally posted by wannabefaster I love how everyone complains about doctors being late (which is not ok in my world but is sometimes unavoidable) but everyone seems to accept it when the cable guy (or just about any service related field around here) tells you that they will be at your house between noon and five. How does that make sense?

I don't accept that. I tell them to have their service tech call me when he is 10 minutes out and I will meet him at my house. It's worked every time so far...

Yep,  I do that too.  So far so good.

2013-12-20 11:51 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Sensei
Sin City

At the moment, the light pole design for the mall I'm building.  It's a cluster ef at the moment.

2013-12-20 12:42 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Why is it always the uninsured a$$holes who punched a wall who don't even have a HS diploma think they know more about treating their fracture than me?????

Here is my free medical tip of the day THE WALL ALWAYS WINS.  So does the fridge, the sign, the tree the car or any other inanimate object you decide to punch.

2013-12-20 1:37 PM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Driving in the city.  Lots of people in a rush - they cut you off only to get one car ahead.  ARG!  Honestly, i know why I never owned a car until this year.  It makes me angry and I don't like being an angry person.  

2013-12-20 3:06 PM

User image

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete

Originally posted by Socks

Why is it always the uninsured a$$holes who punched a wall who don't even have a HS diploma think they know more about treating their fracture than me?????

Here is my free medical tip of the day THE WALL ALWAYS WINS.  So does the fridge, the sign, the tree the car or any other inanimate object you decide to punch.

I punched a lot of walls in my 20's until I narrowly missed a metal stud.  I thought, "THAT would have really cause some damage".  So now I just kick them.

Placo walling with metal stud system

2013-12-21 3:30 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sterling

Originally posted by Left Brain

I don't like whiners.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!  I could complain and sulk about all the things that tee me off but, why sit there and compile a list.  meh.

2013-12-30 1:10 PM

User image

New user
Subject: RE: Things that are ticking me off. Add yours on
posting because I thought the post about trying to get the first appointment was funny. last week I had the "first" appointment with my ortho. after being on time, I was let into the second waiting room an hour after my appointment time, saw a nurse 5-10 minutes after that, a PA 5-10 minutes after that, then the doctor 15-20 minutes later. They are really bad with timing and plan for the lateness. On the other hand, my general practitioner's office is great. Always run on time and they never rush you out.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Things that are ticking me off. Add yours on Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Things I am older or younger than...

Started by Tripolar
Views: 1098 Posts: 16

2009-07-09 9:38 AM pronghorn

Things I am faster or slower than... Pages: 1 2

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1671 Posts: 30

2009-07-08 7:36 PM Jackemy

Three things I am not good at, but will work on

Started by misscullen
Views: 1121 Posts: 18

2007-09-16 4:51 PM milaminute

Things I am glad to have today

Started by ride_like_u_stole_it
Views: 981 Posts: 24

2007-08-10 1:24 PM Renee

Things that just tick you off... Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by DRM
Views: 3342 Posts: 81

2006-03-30 11:14 AM autumn
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 23, 2013
author : Jerrykyc
comments : 2
The cause of the sleeplessness could be anxiety to get out and compete but more often than not the inability to sleep is a fear of what might happen, of what might go bump out on the race course.

date : December 22, 2011
author : Mikael67
comments : 0
End of season thoughts and tips
date : September 3, 2010
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Stripped of its three-figure entry fees and five figure bikes, when the gun goes off it's still a bunch of crazies doing three sports for a thousand reasons.

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : August 7, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 7
Do you see the bladder as half-full or half-empty? In this instance, it really doesn't matter how you look at it... you'd just better go.

date : September 3, 2006
author : acbadger
The off-season is the best time to fine tune your skills and prepare yourself for the next season. It is also time for you to gain some strength and get a little rest after a long season of training.
date : July 2, 2006
author : acbadger
Is there a magic number of days off for your training plan? Is it a one size fits all or an an individual choice?

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
If you develop a strategy for the off-season, you can go into the next season stronger than you ended the past season.