BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Triguys Tri Team (all levels welcome) - CLOSED SORRY Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 8

2014-01-01 2:24 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
Subject: RE: Triguys Tri Team (all levels welcome) - CLOSED SORRY

Edited by SSMinnow 2014-01-01 2:25 PM

2014-01-01 2:24 PM
in reply to: KatiaRun

User image

Champion

Been doing HIITS for both the bike and run so happy with my December.  Legs have felt remarkably strong lately.

Run: 137m

Bike 244m

Swim 8 hours

TRX   6 hours 

Today was a bike HIITS effort.  Was supposed to hit the pool, but nursing duty called instead.  Tomorrow!

2014-01-01 5:17 PM
in reply to: triguy1043

User image

, Lisboa
Haven't made my first 2014 workout yet, but tomorrow I'm planning to hit the trainer and later the pool.

For December I did
Running: 50 miles
Cycling: 62miles + 4 hours on the trainer
Swimming: 7 hours

Had a small strain on my calf earlier December so I almost didn't run on the first two weeks.
2014-01-02 5:20 AM
in reply to: lsousa

Extreme Veteran
Nice run out in the snow today. Its going to take me another week or so to get back in the groove and to be able to get up early (EARLY) and get out the door, And as I get there, the daylight will be starting earlier so it might be a little lighter when I finish up.

Anyway, today was an easy 4 miles with lightly falling snow and about a half inch on the ground. We are supposed to get 8 inches overnight!

2014-01-02 7:29 AM
in reply to: bwingate

User image

Originally posted by bwingate

Anyway, today was an easy 4 miles with lightly falling snow and about a half inch on the ground. We are supposed to get 8 inches overnight!

I am jealous! I miss snow so much!
2014-01-02 12:14 PM

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by KatiaRun

Feel free to come on up and shovel my driveway tomorrow!!

We will be inundated with "storm of the century" coverage tonight with some poor schmo stuck outside in the mess.

2014-01-02 1:35 PM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by bwingate Anyway, today was an easy 4 miles with lightly falling snow and about a half inch on the ground. We are supposed to get 8 inches overnight!
Feel free to come on up and shovel my driveway tomorrow!! We will be inundated with "storm of the century" coverage tonight with some poor schmo stuck outside in the mess.

Agree!  While the storm is going to miss  us this time, I am not a fan of snow either! We have a 1/4m long driveway and unless our plow guy gets here we are STUCK!

Good luck Bruce. Pull out the snowshoes!

2014-01-04 5:06 PM
in reply to: SSMinnow

Anyone have any good workouts planned for the weekend?

I did 18 mph for an hour at 120w today. It's good for me
Tmr I'll be out all day unfortunately so no workout :/

Hope everyone's training is going awesome!
2014-01-04 8:06 PM
in reply to: budlizard

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rome, NY
I will be back in this forum full time on Monday as I go back to work after a 2 week vacation
Monday we will be full steam ahead!!
2014-01-05 6:07 PM

Extreme Veteran
Cold. It was cold this weekend and this morning I was greeted with freezing rain on the way home from the gym. I am very tempted to go for an easy run tomorrow morning, but it could be too icy out there.

What do you guys do to deal with snow and ice? I made screw shoes for the last few years which work pretty good, but that pretty much commits a pair of shoes for outside only. (Screw shoes: 6-10 small sheet metal screws screwed into the bottom of your shoes. Crude spikes and if you feel the point of the screw, you either remove it or move it.)

2014-01-05 7:02 PM

User image

, Lisboa
Unfortunately (or fortunately, shoveling snow doesn't sound fun at all), never had the opportunity to run on snow, I haven't even seen snow falling, since it doesn't snow at all on Portugal, apart from some higher regions.

Past weekend I've finally redeemed myself from my previous race, and this time everything went perfect, finishing the race with 37:18mins setting a new PR! The course was 500m sort, my gps only registered 9.5km, but still, those 500m shouldn't had take much longer than 2mins. Average pace was 3:55min/km and it was the first time I've managed to do below 4min/km on 10km.

It's nice to see the results of the work spent on the road Anyway, my A race will be in exactly 16 weeks, time to stick to a plan. I'll probably spend less time on speed work and more on longer runs keeping with a low HR.

2014-01-06 5:37 AM

Extreme Veteran
Nice job on the PR!

I always take my GPS readings with a grain of salt - I run the same course for my daily workouts, and the distance can be as much as .4 miles off for about 6 miles. Its always a crapshoot where the first mile will be crossed too.
2014-01-06 8:16 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rome, NY
Well welcome to everyone!!

I am a Physical Education Teacher and I have been on vacation the last 2 weeks so its been hard to get to a computer. At home I just have no time!!

Luis GREAT PR!!!

Whats everyone got on tap for training this week?

2014-01-06 8:19 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rome, NY

Miss and SNOW are two words that should not be used together after living in SO-CAl for 4 years and having great training year round.

Its hard to live in Central NY (Snow Country) and train year round but I do!!

I did a nine miler yesterday and the temp was 12 degrees but with windchill it was a feels like 2 degree day!!
Which was considered WARM
2014-01-06 12:19 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rome, NY
Where is everyone today?
2014-01-06 12:58 PM

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by triguy1043

Where is everyone today?

Working in NYC. Fighting the good fight and protecting the rights of the down trodden, the oppressed, and those hit by motor vehicles. I am a personal injury attorney, so I take a personal interest in sport related accidents.

2014-01-06 1:49 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rome, NY

Where is everyone today?

Working in NYC. Fighting the good fight and protecting the rights of the down trodden, the oppressed, and those hit by motor vehicles. I am a personal injury attorney, so I take a personal interest in sport related accidents.

Thats cool I any in Central NY and orgainze 3 triathlons at a duathlon on Central NY if you are intretested. ATC Endurance check out our website its only in registration mode right now. but this is our 5th year of putting on races. WE get alot of NYC people at our Cooperstown race.

How flexible are your hours is it easy for training?
2014-01-06 5:50 PM

User image

, Lisboa
Ouch, I don't know how you can handle that cold! Below 40F and I really need to focus on getting out of the door to run, make it below 50F for cycling, I could use some thermal clothing, but since I rarely get sub 40F temperatures, I'm usually good to go
2014-01-07 7:11 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rome, NY
Originally posted by lsousa

Ouch, I don't know how you can handle that cold! Below 40F and I really need to focus on getting out of the door to run, make it below 50F for cycling, I could use some thermal clothing, but since I rarely get sub 40F temperatures, I'm usually good to go

MUST BE NICE!!!

Today its 5 degrees with a -30 degree windchill

That puts me on the DREADMILL tonight

1 mile warm up
3 miles at tempo pace
1 mile CD

Whats everyone else have planned for today?
2014-01-07 7:24 AM

I'm gonna start out by wishing for a remote car starter. Then biking in the AM and swimming in the PM.

This weather is ridiculous. Broke records in Baltimore already. yay!

Hope everyone that's affected stays warm and safe.
2014-01-07 8:23 AM
in reply to: budlizard

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rome, NY
Originally posted by budlizard

I'm gonna start out by wishing for a remote car starter. Then biking in the AM and swimming in the PM.

This weather is ridiculous. Broke records in Baltimore already. yay!

Hope everyone that's affected stays warm and safe.

Hope your pool is not froze over!!

Have a great workout!

2014-01-07 10:09 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

, Lisboa
Going to the pool later today (I've swimming classes Tuesdays and Thursdays), and if I manage to get off work on time I might do an 1H on the turbo trainer before the pool. I'm currently following the Sweet Sport Base training plan on TrainerRoad, and I'll switch to their HIM training plan in a month.

Edited by lsousa 2014-01-07 10:10 AM
2014-01-07 10:29 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rome, NY
Originally posted by lsousa

Going to the pool later today (I've swimming classes Tuesdays and Thursdays), and if I manage to get off work on time I might do an 1H on the turbo trainer before the pool. I'm currently following the Sweet Sport Base training plan on TrainerRoad, and I'll switch to their HIM training plan in a month.

what 1/2 IM are you planning on doing? and when is it? my 1/2 IM is not till Aug 31st so I am in a outseason stage just working on building BIKE Power and Running speed!
2014-01-07 10:45 AM

Extreme Veteran

Thats cool I any in Central NY and orgainze 3 triathlons at a duathlon on Central NY if you are intretested. ATC Endurance check out our website its only in registration mode right now. but this is our 5th year of putting on races. WE get alot of NYC people at our Cooperstown race.

How flexible are your hours is it easy for training?

My days are long - I have been going to the gym at night, but that means I might not be eating dinner until after 9 p.m. I am on a 7:15 train into the city in the morning. I am trying to shift my training back to mornings, but with this cold its just not going to happen. My lower limit is 15F for running.

I have to check out your tri's later - I did a quick look and all the dates are for last year.
2014-01-07 11:08 AM

User image

, Lisboa
what 1/2 IM are you planning on doing? and when is it? my 1/2 IM is not till Aug 31st so I am in a outseason stage just working on building BIKE Power and Running speed!

I'm planning on doing the Lisboa Triathlon on May 3rd ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXEmT7w7qeY), I'm still undecided between HIM or Olympic distance, mainly because of my (lack of) swimming skills, but I'll be training for an HIM until then.

The things is, there are very few HIM in Portugal to choose from, and this one in particular is around 2 miles from home and I usually do my runs on this area, so I already know the course pretty well. It's also one (if not the most) easiest HIM in Portugal, quite flat and the swim is in a kind of artificial lake. Because of this, I'm preparing for an HIM there, and I don't really want to wait another year to do so if I can do it now =)

This will be my first HIM, so I'm not in it for time, but to finish it
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Triguys Tri Team (all levels welcome) - CLOSED SORRY Rss Feed  

of 8

RELATED POSTS

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : November 9, 2010
author : lithelola
comments : 5
A bumbling non-athlete makes her determined way to the Nation's Triathlon finish line!

date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.
date : February 8, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 25
No one likes to look like a fool, but it’s hard not to when you don’t know what you’re doing as a beginner, so if it helps, go ahead and pretend.

date : January 24, 2005
author : Team BT
Shanna Armstrong’s Journal Entry January 21, 2005 - The Race Across America
date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.