BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles 2 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10 K) - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 33

2013-12-30 11:40 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Subject: Picking Up Bike Today
I'm picking up my new (and 1st) road bike today! I bought a Specialized Dolace Elite Compact 2013: http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/road/dolce/dolce-elite-compa...

It's my first time with a road bike (have always rode a commuter or a mountian bikes). Anyone have any beginner tips?

Edited by Just_Kelly 2013-12-30 11:40 AM

2013-12-30 6:27 PM
in reply to: Just_Kelly

User image

Subject: RE: Picking Up Bike Today
I love Specialized! My first (and only roadbike) is a Specialized Ruby, just rides so nice.

What type of tips are you looking for? It will definately feel a little unusual at first and maybe even unbalanced as opposed to the mountain bike, but you'll come to love it and want to ride it everywhere. Did you get clip-on peddles, brackets or flats?
2013-12-30 7:19 PM
in reply to: Pixiedustlady

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Todd's Tri Turtles 2 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10 K) - Open
Originally posted by Pixiedustlady

Hi Todd I would love to join your Turtle Group!

NAME: Darcie

WHAT YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS GROUP: To be around positive, supportive, like minded people and hope we can motivate each other and cheer each other on!! I am a great friend and cheerleader and hope to meet some new friends through this group. I would love help in the swimming department. I get bored and burned out when my training schedule is over loaded. I do not believe in having to work out every single day of the week. I found out the hard way what happens when you go along with the crowd and put in way to many runs. I do this to stay healthy and active and hope I can support anyone that needs encouragement or just a friend to talk with. I have no one here that does Triathlons except my husband. Everyone here is into running only, and they run as fast, hard and long as possible...not for me! I am excited to be a part of this group.

Welcome to the group and thank you for your service as well. I know what you mean about the running and doing so with others who always think it is a race. Enjoy the sport for your self and what you get out of it. I assure you that you will have a positive place here, with like minded people. You also proved that nothing fancy is necessary to participate in this sport, but most triathletes love their toys and gadgets.
2013-12-30 7:27 PM
in reply to: vickimallen

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by vickimallen

Would like to join Todd's Tri Turtles.

NAME: Vicki Allen

STORY: I have always wanted to complete a triathlon. For over 25 years, I annually participate in a number of fundraising walks and a few bike rides (MS, Diabetes, AIDS, Breast Cancer, NAMI). In 1997. at age 30, I completed the 50 mile Rosarito--Ensenada Bike Ride, which for the next year got me into Southern CA bike rides for the next year. In 2012, I completed 32 miles of the Avon Breast Cancer walk which was quite an accomplishment for me. In 2009, I worked out with a group of colleagues to enter a triathlon about 40 days before the event I re-injuried my knee and wasn't approved by my doctor to compete, however; I was the best cheerleader for my colleagues and other's at the event. Two years ago my nephew was in a serious car accident and has a traumatic brain injury. Needless to say, I have focused a lot of my energy in helping my sister and brother-n-law take care of him. He has come a long way and I now feel that I can get back to this goal. I am looking forward to having the encouragement from other's to keep me focused.

WHAT YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS GROUP: I want to get support and encouragement from this group. I also want to learn from team members how best to train, make good nutritional decision and to avoid injury. When I set a goal and have other's that challenge me to complete that goal for some reason my competitive spirit comes out. In this case it will be the spirit to finish what I've started. Probably the most important part of being in this group will be the accountability.

Vicki, welcome to the Turtles and back to pursuing you goal of completing a Triathlon, but no one can fault you for helping to care for a family member. I imagine after a tramtic situation like that, that everything looks just a little more precious now. We will get you to your goal
2013-12-30 8:00 PM
in reply to: dwilling

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by dwilling

NAME: DAYRA

STORY: I just turned 50, this December. I love to workout, but lately I have no motivation.

Last year I was running a few 5K's, a few cycling events, Gran Fondo, doing crossfit 4 to 5 times a week and even got a swimming coach. Then everything stopped, got a divorce, got a new job, moved to a new town,and all my workouts stopped. All my workouts and crossfit were done with a large group of friends. Moving to a new town and not having any friends has been hard. Most of my family members and new co-workers have lots of negative comments. Even my swimming coach said she would NEVER swim in the ocean(sharks) or in any of the lakes here in Florida (alligators). Most Florida swimming section is done in the ocean or lakes.

WHAT YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS GROUP: A good group to get motivation, tips, nutrition tips and keep me accountable. A group of people that understands why I want to do a Tri.

Dayra, welcome to the group and a whole new set of friends. I applaud you for chosing to stay heatlh and positive even though you have been thrown some curve balls. Stay positive and don't let others bring you down, but it sounds like you already got that. Also don't blame your swim coach because she probably saw Sharknado and is now terrified of them and Tara Reid
2013-12-30 8:05 PM
in reply to: Mikey73

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Mikey73

Name - Michael

Story I am a 40 year old single dad in Australia. Having hit 40 and catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror today (it wasn't good) I decided this is the year to get fit and healthy before my lifestyle becomes problematic health wise. I am hoping to turn from an inactive overweight me to a fitter healthier one. I have just brought a bike (pick up next week) and can't run any major distance. As for swimming I am so slow I need to pack my lunch if I am to get to the end of one lap of a 50 meter pool. So I am more a beginner exerciser than triathlete. Just to complicate things a little I have a chronic back injury from 8 years ago that I need to watch.

Michael, welcome to the group and a path to a healthier lifestyle and self. Don't worry about your speed or distance with anything at this point other than starting a healthy routine and staying with it. I'm not a Doctor but I do have two bulging disk in my lower back, which have caused me problems, but triathlon training and exercise has actually helped it. When you build more muscle, lose weight, and build a stronger core your back will get strong and benefit.

2013-12-30 8:08 PM
in reply to: sshaler

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by sshaler

NAME: Stacey Shaler (sshaler)

STORY: I'm 45, live just outside the healthy mecca that is Boulder CO and am tired of being overweight. I've always wanted to do a tri (my sister competes and has done several 70.3) plus everyday I am surrounded by fit people training for one thing or another. I have a son who is autisic and has taken up a lot of my energy but he's getting to a place where I don't need to monitor him as closely as before, so now it's my turn to achieve some of my goals, the first being a triathlon! Looking forward to turning it into a lifestyle. I used to swim competitively and have bough a new road bike but I'm lost as to where to start the training part.

WHAT YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS GROUP:I seek specific training help (how much, when, what should I look to get out of each workout so I don't aimlessly drift), motivation support for those days when I don't "want" too, equipment help (i don't know how to change a bike tire yet) and make some friends that are also embarking on this journey.

Stacey, welcome to the group and a new you. Having a group around you that is active and into the sport is great, but don't try to put yourself by them. What I mean is that you should only measure yourself by you, not what others can do. We will discuss the training options when the group starts in a week.
2013-12-30 8:15 PM
in reply to: paul walker

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by paul walker

Aloha

NAME: Paul Walker (male) age 51, born and living in Scotland.

STORY: My story is a long one. When I was at school I played rugby very high standard. Then I injured my cruciate ligaments in both knees. I then decided to become a coach and became the youngest coach in Scotland but playing rugby was what I love doing and coaching didn't come close. So I then decided that I would become a runner and I self trained to be able to run a mile in 4.2 minutes and run a half marathon and 73 minutes.
My challenge seems to be sticking at something for more than six months at a time or at least it used to be. Since then time, lack of self esteem and self discipline has led to me ballooning in weight.
About 20 years ago I was sitting on a rock at the back of the Waikoloa Hilton and Hawai’i and looking out to sea I saw some whales blowing out the distance. I don’t know why the thought popped into my head at that particular moment but I decided I would do the Kona Ironman. Of course the time I didn't realise you had to qualify for the race, but that is my dream.
My goal is somewhat more modest at the moment. Getting round a 5 km run without getting injured or pain is what I'm aiming for. I have been a member of the site in the past and I will update my profile next few days. It is also my intention to start filming a vlog so if you have any questions, you can contact me and I will film an answer. It should be up and running in the next week.
I was recently diagnosed with Type II diabetes about four weeks ago and take metformin tablets. I was diagnosed with asthma but that doesn't bother me at all really. I have had problems with my back. Acute sacro iliac joint dysfunction. (Who would guess that I am dysfunctional?) Also in the last few years I have also had trouble with plantar fasciitis

Paul welcome to the group and back at it. You can also get to Kona through the Lottery System, so it's not only by qualification. (There is also the EBay slots but they sell for over 25K. Sounds to me that your hardest thing is doing things in moderation to lesson your chance of injury. I think that some time a person like yourself who has competed at a high level has a harder time "just being" so to say. Triathlon is a great sport to just be yourself and be happy with your time and your accomplishment. I look forward to you sharing some of your experiences and again welcome.
2013-12-30 8:20 PM
in reply to: gojogojo

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by gojogojo

NAME: Jo

STORY:

I started triathlon in 2011 with The World's Shortest Triathlon Ever in Emeryville, I was fairly terrified of the whole idea of it, but always think it's good to do what scares you, so did that one and then went on to the Tri For Fun series. I found in training that I had far fewer aches and pains than when I was simply running. I love those friendly little lake sprint triathlons now, but would like to progress successfully to Olympic distance.

I am hopelessly slow in all 3 disciplines, and the world's worst swimmer. I don't mind too much being so slow, but I am relatively competitive with myself, I don't want to melt into old-age, would rather run bike & swim screamingly into it.

I do it for health and fitness reasons, and want to keep the fitness quest fun. I am always more motivated if I can connect with a smallish group of like-minded people. I'm not going into these events with a can of beer in my hand, but I 'm equally not interested in tallying up roadkill or hurting myself for the sake of shaving a couple of minutes off my finish time.

Jo, welcome to the Turtles. You have experiences that you can share withg group and a knowledge to know that there is still some to learn. Congrats on the Olympic, you may have been dead last but you did it and now you have a time to shoot for. You seem to have a lifesytle thought about triathlon, which is what this sport and being active is all about in my mind as we all get older.
2013-12-30 8:24 PM
in reply to: 2gs

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by 2gs

NAME: Graham

STORY: I turn 40 in January. In December of 2012 a friend described doing a Tough Mudder and I thought "No way, not me". It sounded intimidating and yet the thought of it sparked something for me. In May of 2013 I committed to doing the October race in NJ. I also enrolled 4 others to come along for the ride. I started running and did bodyweight training. I had no plan other than to not stop. I exceeded my own expectations and loved every minute of it. The satisfaction/payoff of all the work was incredible. I altered my lifestyle for this event. The idea of doing triathlons excites me and I'm up for the challenge. Im currently reading Joe Friel's "Triathlete's Training Bible"( I get that I need a plan!). Im signed up for a TI Swim workshop 1/4,5 in New Paltz. Until this year I've never trained, ran, cycled or swam with any thought of competing. The key word for me is Liberated. Breaking free of how I know myself to be.

WHAT YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS GROUP: I'm looking for support. That shows up for me as encouragement, acknowledgment, holding me responsible/ accountable and keeping me focused.

Welcome, Graham it's funny how sometimes just getting out of our own way makes all the difference in the world. It took me a while to realize that plans are a good thing, but I also realized that I have to mold them to match my schedule and what I'm trying to do. I will be there to encourage and motivate you.
2013-12-30 8:27 PM
in reply to: Lovey

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Lovey
Hi Todd,

I am joining again, unofficially. I was in this group the last session.

NAME: Lovey/Tracy
STORY: I was in this group last round of mentoring. I can't say enough about the support and encouragement I received.
Over the past 5 years, I have done maybe 3 triathlons, 1 duathlon and dozens of road races (5ks, 10Ks, 10 milers, half mary's and 1 marathon). I was pulled from my first sprint triathlon but that just motivated me to finish that race the following year. Running is my preference. I started this journey to get in shape and found my love of running. I took most of 2012 off after shattering my ankle in a bike crash. After surgery, 8 screws and a plate in my ankle, I took 2013 to start my journey over. Running a mile was an accomplishment!

Of Course you can Tracey. I will tell this group that Tracy is one of several from the last group that you can look to for how to make everything work. This lady handles several kids (all very active), family activites, and still manages to get in her workouts and participate in events.

2013-12-30 8:32 PM
in reply to: brian.bohn

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by brian.bohn

NAME: Brian

STORY: I have wanted to do a triathlon since I was a teenager, but never had the training, motivation, or work ethic to actually train for it. I started doing 5k runs a few years ago and enjoyed training, so I figure it's time to take my training to the next step.

WHAT YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS GROUP: My biggest issue is how to get up to speed on swimming. I was a diver in high school, but never really ventured to the other side of the pool to figure out what the swimmers were up to. I love swimming and I'm good at it, but I have no stamina at all.

Brian welcome to the group and a new adventure for you and the wife. I can tell you in the simpliest of terms that swimming leads to faster times in and of itself. That said you will reach a certain time, at which time you will see little improvement without technique corrections. You will get it all figured out.
2013-12-30 8:37 PM
in reply to: Ckibobtotri

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Ckibobtotri

NAME: Bobick

STORY: I am 46 years old have not been into any sport just playing with PC games, until about 2 years ago when a friend of mine introduce me to road biking. Have done a couple of centuries and a 10 miler run last year. Swimming is my Waterloo not motivated enough and I cannot even complete 50 yards without running out of breaths or have to stay at least a minute to catch my breaths. Time is what i don`t have the luxury, with 3 busy kids 14, 13 and 11 with both the 13 and 11 year old as State swimmers.

WHAT YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS GROUP:Looking forward to the support and motivation a mentor group would provide me.
REPORT SPAM

Bobick, welcome to the group and away from the computer (seems odd saying that knowing this is an internet forum ) I have heard good things about CBI and can tell you that there is a good one in Conroe in March that is geared towards first times, but all are welcome. I live in the Brenham area, so who knows you and I could maybe even get together for a ride during this journey.
2013-12-30 8:45 PM
in reply to: tweets_4611

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by tweets_4611

STORY: I'm 27 years old and I started running again when I got pulled into a "I'll do it if you will" type thing for a work 5K. My coworker fizzed out after the race, but I was hooked. I kept running and signed up for a couple more 5K. I found out pretty quickly that if I'm not working towards something any sort of training just goes out the window. I started getting a bit bored since I wasn't sure how to spice up the running workouts and signed up for a triathlon before I really realized what I was in for. I'm not too worried about the biking and running, but I don't swim well at all. I showed up to a swim lesson and got a wake up call... I've never done any sort of real stroke (I'm guessing doggie paddle doesn't count) and I never had any lesson. I found this website when I realized just how over my head I was.

WHAT I WANT FROM THIS GROUP: Mostly I'm looking for the moral support. My boyfriend doesn't really get it and can be pretty discouraging at times. I do better when I can talk about my training and races with people who are as excited about this stuff as I am. I'm looking for the accountability that comes from other people that are working towards similar goals.

Welcome to the group Tweets and Triathlon. Don't think that working out is ever a waste because your body benefits, but I know what you mean. It is always more fun and easier to work out when you are working towards something. Don't worry about the swim thing, it will come. Go to the classes, learn, practice and you will be fine. To many people go to swim lessons or masters classes and get discouraged or compare themselves to others and stop going. Just do what you can and you will improve. I understand what you are talking about with your boyfriend as my wife was very similar. She did not understand everything and was not someone I could speak to about it. The only thing that helped is that she wanted me to quit smoking and it was keeping me smoke free so she bit her tongue. I did as you are doing and used BT to speak with like minded people. I can tell you that know after four years my wife is more understanding of my workouts and love of this sport. Sometimes I wonder if she was afraid that I was going to change and stray, which may be a part of your boyfriends uncertainty (us guys get jealous). Maybe you can join on us that bike ride this year.
2013-12-30 8:48 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Introduction
Originally posted by Just_Kelly

NAME: Kelly

STORY: My name is Kelly; I live in Durham, NC and am 30 years old. I was a HS athlete (mainly competitive softball) who went sedentary after HS. I have flirted with running, over trained when I was 25 and very overweight, and gave myself a stress fracture. I’m trying to rediscover my inner athlete, get healthier, and enjoy my body. I had weight lost surgery in April 2013 and have lost 60 lbs. I am currently training for a ½ marathon using the Galloway method and have signed up for a sprint tri in Raleigh in May 2014. I’m looking to increase my overall fitness, stay engaged mentally, and continue to lose weight in a healthy way.

WHAT YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS GROUP: I’m brand new to adult athletics, including triathlons. I would love to learn from others and have a sounding board when questions arise.

Looking forward to interacting with and learning from you all!

Kelly welcome to the group and thanks for referring to me as an Adult You sound like you are reallty on a good path and know what you want and need to do. We will be here for you and are glad you will be here for us.
2013-12-30 8:52 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran

I'm picking up my new (and 1st) road bike today! I bought a Specialized Dolace Elite Compact 2013: http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/road/dolce/dolce-elite-compa...

It's my first time with a road bike (have always rode a commuter or a mountian bikes). Anyone have any beginner tips?

Woohoo, what an exciting day and you can never go wrong with a Specialized Bike.

My beginner tip is Time In The Saddle (you will see people post this on BT as T.I.T.S.). Your butt will need to get use to being on the bike for longer periods of time. You will also gain confidence and bike handling skills during this time. Get yourself a good pair of bike shorts or tri shorts for riding. If you got clipless pedals, the two tips I will give you there is practice clipping in and out while on the trainer if you have one, or go to a large parking lot or area and just practice clipping in and starting and then clipping out and stopping.

Edited by Hunting Triathlete 2013-12-30 9:11 PM

2013-12-30 8:58 PM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Keep it coming!
I really think that we have a great group forming here and will leave it open for a few more people. We will kick everything off Offically on January 7, 2014, but I will continue to post and respond leading to that day, but have set the 7th due to being out of town again this weekend. I hope that everyone is looking as forward to this group as I am.
2013-12-30 9:18 PM
in reply to: Grilledmonkey

User image

Any tips really!

What type of peddles should I start out with?

How do I meet bikers who are newbie friendly to teach me skills IRL?

What length rides are appropriate for a beginner?

2013-12-30 9:24 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Just for Fun
Alright, Kelly's bike purchase got me to thinking about something fun that some might not know of on BT.

When you get a new or new to you bike, it does not exist in reality until you post a picture of it. When you post a picture of your bike it is referred to as Bike Porn and there is no such thing as bad bike porn. You also have to name you bike or it will become angered.

I will start things off as an example, this is "Lucille". She is a little flashy with her Lime Green Turtle Tape and Tires, but when you're slow you got to make sure you look good when you go by people becuase they see you for longer

(IMG_0335.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_0335.JPG (70KB - 5 downloads)
2013-12-30 9:34 PM

Is it the Conroe YMCA tri?
2013-12-30 9:37 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Any tips really!

1. What type of peddles should I start out with?

2. How do I meet bikers who are newbie friendly to teach me skills IRL?

3. What length rides are appropriate for a beginner?

1. There are three types basically. First is the stardard pedal that you rode on as kid. Second there are pedals with cages on them (basical pedal with a cage area that the toe area of your shoe slides into, which helps with pedal efficency). Third are the Clipless pedals - these are the pedals that are small that you must purchase a cycling shoe for that has a clip attached to it that locks into the pedal itself. The clipless pedals you have to click in and out of, but they provide you with the most effective pedal stroke because you get the benefit of the upstroke on the pedal because you are a part of the pedal. Some people do not feel comfortable with them because of being locked in, which is why I said what I did in the other post about practicing.

2. The best way to meet other bikers is to find a cycling group in your area or the sign up for some of the charity or group rides. The organized group rides are usally around $30 and are supported and have good cyclist, who you can watch and learn from. This question is also what I meant above by time in the saddle, the more you ride the more comfortable you will become and the more skilled you will be. Some of my best handling skills were learned when I left the road by accident in clipless pedals and did not end up on the ground.

3. The length of the ride is dependant on your skill and comfort level. Cycling does not have the same wear on the body that running does so you can go quit a while if you are going at a nice steady pace. I can tell you that when I started, I would talk thirthy minute rides and then worked my way up as I felt more comfortable. There is not set starting distance because everyone is different. I can tell you that I did a 50 mile group ride after only having my bike for 75 miles, but I paid for it and the last 16 miles were miserable.

I hope these better answered your questions.

2013-12-30 9:39 PM
in reply to: Ckibobtotri

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Ckibobtotri

Is it the Conroe YMCA tri?

Yes sir, I believe it is call TRI 4 FUN (not a ton of people so makes it less intimidating)
2013-12-30 11:36 PM

User image

Any tips really!

What type of peddles should I start out with?

How do I meet bikers who are newbie friendly to teach me skills IRL?

What length rides are appropriate for a beginner?

I started out on the pedals that have a cage over the toe. I was too scared to jump straight into the clips so the cage offered a happy medium as i got use to having my foot slightly contained. I'd get use to your bike first and how it handles before getting clips.That said though, clips will change your life! They give you access to all those beautiful calf muscles to use in your pedal and definately increase your speed.

When I first brought my road bike I enrolled in a beginners cycle course, best move ever. They taught me about everything, bike maintenance, riding in traffic, riding with groups, how to look over your shoulder and not sway into traffic. It was a 6-week course that ran every Sat morn. Might be worth googling to see if there is anything similar in your area.

There's plenty of social cycle clubs around too, always a great place to meet new people and get into the habit of riding regularly.

2013-12-31 3:09 AM
in reply to: #4915342

NAME: Sarah

STORY: I am 33, have never ridden a bike, don't swim, have done a few 5km fun runs and 2014 is my year to challenge myself and get into triathlons.

FAMILY STATUS: I have been married for 11 years in jan 2014

CURRENT TRAINING: I am a PT so strength train regularly. My husband bought me a carbon specialized road bike and I am learning to ride. So I am trying to get about 10km in per day. I am starting to train with tri alliance here in Queensland in jan where I will learn to swim.

2013 RACES: nil

2014 RACES: first tri will be 8th feb at Bribie Tri

WHAT YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS GROUP: to be in a group of like minded people where I can ask all the questions and also be inspired by everyone's stories.
2013-12-31 7:02 AM
in reply to: Missundaztood

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Missundaztood

NAME: Sarah

STORY: I am 33, have never ridden a bike, don't swim, have done a few 5km fun runs and 2014 is my year to challenge myself and get into triathlons.

2014 RACES: first tri will be 8th feb at Bribie Tri

WHAT YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS GROUP: to be in a group of like minded people where I can ask all the questions and also be inspired by everyone's stories.

Sarah, welcome to the group and what an awesome husband you have to support you and buy you a bike like that starting out. How long of a bike and swim do you have to do for your Tri on Feb. 8th. Is the swim a pool swim or open water. How technical is the bike route for the Tri. I ask these questions because you said you are just learning to ride and swim and you are about 40 days out from your Tri. I am all in for challenging yourself but it has to be done safely. The biggest thing is that you know that you can do this distances in both the swim and bike before doing the Triathlon. I have not said anything about the run because once a person gets to that point they can walk or crawl to the finish line if worse came to worse. Welcome to the group and Triathlon.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles 2 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10 K) - Closed Rss Feed  

of 33

RELATED POSTS

Daffodil and JuniperJen’s New Parents Tri’ing Group - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by juniperjen
Views: 23865 Posts: 329

2014-07-12 2:16 PM Happyinmarin

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 15727 Posts: 116

2014-05-14 7:37 AM Dominion

Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 28936 Posts: 415

2014-05-16 9:06 AM Birkierunner

Triguys Tri Team (all levels welcome) - CLOSED SORRY Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by triguy1043
Views: 18129 Posts: 190

2014-04-02 11:34 AM lsousa

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 29, 2013
author : jtriathlete
comments : 0
I'm curious about the 'don't increase your run by more than 10% per week' rule. Is there a minimum mileage under which this doesn't apply?

date : September 8, 2008
author : pjwalzphd
comments : 2
When I told my husband that I planned to work toward completing a sprint triathlon, he smiled and was supportive, but a bit disbelieving.
date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.

date : June 5, 2006
author : mikericci
How should I go about training for the marathon while also building base in the other two events? Doing this seems like it's causing me to break the 10% rule in running.
date : October 2, 2005
author : DominiqueL
Yes, the Dual is a little heavier than Cervèlo’s high end counterparts. But…the price is within reach of the masses and it still incorporates all of the design features that make a Cervèlo special.

date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
Overview of two walk/run routines for training for a 5K.
comments : 12
This aggressive couch to 5k program will get you running from nothing and will be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.

This couch to 5k program will get your running in seven months and can be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.