General Discussion Triathlon Talk » what cool new tri stuff did you get for Christmas? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2013-12-28 11:20 AM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: what cool new tri stuff did you get for Christmas?

Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

Got my niece her first bike

Totes adorbs
Just kidding I don't talk that way. TOTALLY ADORABLE!!

2013-12-28 5:19 PM
in reply to: crissy_jo

User image

Veteran
Kitchener
I got a winter running toque.
2013-12-28 7:42 PM

User image

What do you get the dad who doesn't need a thing? Whatever he's obsessing about at the moment, of course. And so it was that friends and family hooked me up with all sorts of tri-related accoutrement this Christmas - a new SHIV whip, a USAT cowbell (which is going to look ridiculous slung around my neck, but whatever), a subscription to 'Triathlete' magazine, a sweet TYR all-in-one transition bag, and some S-Works ruby red slippers that will no doubt result in my premature and untimely death when they entice me to attempt my first-ever flying mount. All by way of saying, I'm truly blessed... and if I don't win the world championships this year it won't be for lack of equipment or technology. That's for sure!

I hope Santa was good to you, too
2013-12-29 3:37 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Got a new CycleOps fluid trainer and cep calf sleeves.
2013-12-30 12:18 PM
in reply to: yarislab

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Garmin 310XT

Put it to the test and ran an end of the season HM on Sunday. So nice to have reliable pace information as my phone's GPS has been flaking out a lot lately.

Yes, I know it's not a 910, however after looking at the comparison chart on dcrainmaker.com I just couldn't justify doubling the price for features I probably wouldn't use. I do covet the slightly smaller form factor of the 910, so when it's price falls I'll probably upgrade.

2013-12-30 12:37 PM
in reply to: MOlsen

User image

Originally posted by MOlsen

Garmin 310XT

Put it to the test and ran an end of the season HM on Sunday. So nice to have reliable pace information as my phone's GPS has been flaking out a lot lately.

Yes, I know it's not a 910, however after looking at the comparison chart on dcrainmaker.com I just couldn't justify doubling the price for features I probably wouldn't use. I do covet the slightly smaller form factor of the 910, so when it's price falls I'll probably upgrade.

How do you like it?  I also got one for christmas.  It was a very thoughtful gift but I'm thinking of returning.  I use an app on my phone and I'm happy with plus a cheap timex for race days.  I don't wear a watch in the pool so no need to upgrade to 910. 

I'm trying to talk myself into keeping the 310 but just don't want to go back to stearing at a watch every few mins.

2013-12-30 1:07 PM

User image

NordicTrack Elite 9700 Pro treadmill. Having it is a life changer for a time crunched athlete.
2013-12-30 1:09 PM
in reply to: travis_lt

User image

Pro
Burbs

My mother in law stuffed a bunch of GUs in my stocking

2013-12-30 1:25 PM
in reply to: Goggles Pizzano

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Originally posted by Goggles Pizzano

Originally posted by MOlsen

Garmin 310XT

How do you like it?  I also got one for christmas.  It was a very thoughtful gift but I'm thinking of returning.  I use an app on my phone and I'm happy with plus a cheap timex for race days.  I don't wear a watch in the pool so no need to upgrade to 910. 

I'm trying to talk myself into keeping the 310 but just don't want to go back to stearing at a watch every few mins.

With how flaky my phone's GPS has been lately it was nice to have reliable distance and pace information during my HM on Sunday. It was also nice to have my phone's battery not almost dead at the end of the race. I did miss the robotic-lady voice giving me periodic updates via my headphones however it was handy to be able to glance down at the watch for distance/pace information.

For triathlons I will really like the 310XT for pace/distance info since I don't use my phone during multi-sport events. The cheap timex ironman watch I used this last season had an overly sensitive start/stop button which would get pressed when I flexed my wrist, leading to a couple races where I didn't have accurate split data.

2013-12-30 2:23 PM

Bottle of Oban Single Malt Scotch (distiller's edition). I drink it as a reward to myself after every race. . . and hard workout. . . and meal.
2013-12-30 2:37 PM
in reply to: strawdog18

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Wahoo Blue SC speed and cadence sensor and bike case/mount for iphone.

2013-12-30 2:38 PM
in reply to: strawdog18

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

I got the Garmin Swim watch for christmas! Exactly what I asked for! I didn't ask for the 910 since I have a perfectly good 310xt ... so for a smaller price tag i could track my indoor swims  Haven't used it yet but very happy to receive it!

2013-12-30 4:38 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

strawdog18... Nice! Well played, Sir. Well played.

Edited by wsb5c 2013-12-30 4:43 PM
2013-12-31 8:54 AM

User image

Marshall Michigan
swim cap with a mushstash on it.
2013-12-31 3:32 PM

User image

Expert
I got my wife a Garmin 220 (so I can stop hearing how her iphone dies b/c she has map my run and music playing at same time on her long runs). My 7 year old boy got the Garmin too.(lucky lucky)
I, on the other hand, got the anti -tri gift. A new Samsung flat screen, with a killer sound bar, and xbox...I guess the best gift I got was what I haven't had for a while....calf pain. One session of suction cupping at the PT below my office (hurt like #$#$*&) I was cured...woo hoo!!! Happy New Year!!!!!!
2013-12-31 9:43 PM

User image

Veteran
Glendale, California

My family agreed to support my initial race schedule! Looking to do a sprint and then try the Wildflower Tri olympic distance. May do a 3rd race, oly distance in June or wait for the LA tri in the fall. That way I'm off when the kids are off from school. 

2014-01-01 7:42 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Traverse City, MI

QR Illicito, though it is really Christmas, birthday, anniversary, valentines, etc, all rolled into one for the next three years

Edited by emferg 2014-01-01 7:45 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » what cool new tri stuff did you get for Christmas? Rss Feed  

of 3