BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-03-31 3:03 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work)

Originally posted by amd723
Originally posted by jmkizer

How many of these pools can you check off?  I'm guessing that Yanti has the corner on this!

31 Of The Most Exotic Pools On Earth…

http://www.lifebuzz.com/pools/

Poor little me?  Only 1.  So 30 to go!

Wow, those are amazing!

That geothermal resort looks amazing!

That pool in Chile makes my environmentalist heart ache.

2014-03-31 3:25 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Originally posted by laffinrock

Woop woop race report

Way to go, Salty!! Congrats on making nationals and then powering your way to the wedding in style! You look great in that last photo. I do notice that you're sitting down. Can't blame you one bit, after that kind of performance!! I'm guessing you didn't exactly dance the night away?

Oooooohhhhh c'mon now!!!! Of course I danced! FINALLY learned the cupid shuffle, too! In fact, we closed the place down. 

I was verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyy tired on my long run the next day though

Of course you did some carbo-loading at the party?!?!?!?!

Oh hellz yes. As a bridesmaid I had the advantage of going to the food first. Then I went again later, after everyone had gone up. Someone said, "Oh how nice of you for letting everyone else go first" 

Then I had two pieces of cake. 

2014-03-31 4:31 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Denver, CO

Woop woop race report

Way to go, Salty!! Congrats on making nationals and then powering your way to the wedding in style! You look great in that last photo. I do notice that you're sitting down. Can't blame you one bit, after that kind of performance!! I'm guessing you didn't exactly dance the night away?

Oooooohhhhh c'mon now!!!! Of course I danced! FINALLY learned the cupid shuffle, too! In fact, we closed the place down. 

Oh hellz yes. As a bridesmaid I had the advantage of going to the food first. Then I went again later, after everyone had gone up. Someone said, "Oh how nice of you for letting everyone else go first" 

Well, then, I'm even more impressed! I mean about the dancing, not the eating. Who wouldn't be hungry after a day like that, especially in the rain?!
2014-03-31 4:41 PM

User image

Denver, CO

How many of these pools can you check off?  I'm guessing that Yanti has the corner on this!

Wow, those are amazing!

Haven't been to any but wow, some of those sure look delicious! Especially now that my part of Colorado is in brown Spring season: no snow, but still very little green. I want to go to the beach...NOW. Don't even need to go to a fancy resort or fabulous pool; pretty much any decent beach will do. Chris???
2014-03-31 7:46 PM

Master
Northern IL

Woop woop race report

Lucky. Everyone assumes I'm on at least thirds, regardless of the situation.

2014-04-01 1:15 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Veteran
Cleveland, Tennessee
Hello all,

I know it has been a while since I posted or even logged anything. I am finally getting back to working out and prepping for a 2 half-marathons. I am also slowly going to prep for Beach to Battleship in late October. B2B will be interesting as I will be stateside for 2-6 weeks before the race to finish getting my swim in place (currently in Afghanistan). I am looking at doing some dry land training to keep the muscles in shape and work on some dry land technic to try and improve my swim.

I hope everyone has been doing well and training and racing like Manatees do.

Jonathan

2014-04-01 2:51 AM
in reply to: jbwills

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by jbwillsHello all,I know it has been a while since I posted or even logged anything. I am finally getting back to working out and prepping for a 2 half-marathons. I am also slowly going to prep for Beach to Battleship in late October. B2B will be interesting as I will be stateside for 2-6 weeks before the race to finish getting my swim in place (currently in Afghanistan). I am looking at doing some dry land training to keep the muscles in shape and work on some dry land technic to try and improve my swim.I hope everyone has been doing well and training and racing like Manatees do.Jonathan
Good to see you Jonathan! I can't imagine what it must be like trying to train in Afghanistan!!! Please stay safe!
2014-04-01 3:35 AM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Congratulations Janyne, Kirsten and Hands on finishing Jantastic.
2014-04-01 3:38 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

Originally posted by Richardsdrr

Eek! I just signed up for 2 races! One's a training run (1.5 miles) in 3 weeks, and the other is a sprint tri on 8/17. They sound so puny compared to what a lot of you do but this is a huge step for me and I wanted to share it with my fellow Manatees.

I signed up for a sprint tri in 2011, but never did it because I got hurt. I've had a bit of a setback lately due to increasing my training to 6 days a week but I'm still determined to do a tri. I'm going to keep up the 6 days a week approach, just dial back on the intensity of the workouts for now (a few more pulling laps, lower gears on the bike, no dog on the walk/runs) until the pain settles down a little. Plus I'm getting a sports massage after my swim tomorrow. Yay!!

Remind me, what was the injury you had? I've just been looking through your log, and from what it seems, you should be ok on the swim and bike legs, it's the run that you're gonna have to build on. Plenty of time though
Ps. Love the reward scheme you have going. Perhaps I should adopt something like that. It used to be " well, I've gone X months without smoking, and I would have spent £y.00, therefore, I am allowed to spend £z.00 on moi. Maybe I should start rewarding consistency instead.

The whole injury thing has been quite a journey. First I hurt my back in June 2011 while training for my first tri. It was just a stupid back bend over an exercise ball because of tightness in SI/coccyx area. I had difficulty walking, sitting, standing, everything for a couple months. Must have pinched a disk or something. In any case, it hurt like heck. Then while doing PT for that, I discovered I'd torn my left hip labrum. Had surgery in Feb. 2012 for that, then tore it again 6 months later (slipped on the kitchen floor!!). Let that go for 6 months thinking it was just soft tissue stuff. Finally went back to the surgeon in March 2013 and she confirmed that I'd torn it again. Had labral repair surgery again in July 2013. Meanwhile, the back pain continued throughout. Before the 2nd surgery, I couldn't stand or walk for more than about 15 minutes. in March 2013, I started swimming every week with my friend who was training for a tri herself, using a pull buoy and despite the back pain because swimming is so cleansing for me mentally and emotionally. In December 2013, I went to an orthopedic surgeon, who told me I needed a fusion and my L5/S1 disk was shot. By January of this year, I was literally ready to throw in the towel on life because I felt like there was no hope for a future without pain. Then I found this amazing chiropractor in mid-January who told me that I didn't need surgery and could be training for a tri within 3 months. He did chiro adjustments, acupuncture, and stretching, and got me doing some core strengthening exercises 6 days a week. And here I am, a little over 2 months later.

I agree, the run is going to be the biggest challenge but I know I'll get there. I feel so much stronger mentally and am much more self-motivated and disciplined than I've ever been. I've been through tough times before, mostly emotional. This time is really different for some reason, probably because it feels like I'm finally getting my life back. I really feel like I'm rising from the ashes.

Ah, I see. I just asked because I wondered why you were doing crunches when having hip pain, but if your Chiro' prescribed that, then it's probably ok.
2014-04-01 6:29 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by jbwillsHello all,I know it has been a while since I posted or even logged anything. I am finally getting back to working out and prepping for a 2 half-marathons. I am also slowly going to prep for Beach to Battleship in late October. B2B will be interesting as I will be stateside for 2-6 weeks before the race to finish getting my swim in place (currently in Afghanistan). I am looking at doing some dry land training to keep the muscles in shape and work on some dry land technic to try and improve my swim.I hope everyone has been doing well and training and racing like Manatees do.Jonathan
Good to see you Jonathan! I can't imagine what it must be like trying to train in Afghanistan!!! Please stay safe!

I double what Ann-Marie said. Stay safe and we can't wait until you are safely home stateside! Thank you.

2014-04-01 6:53 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Veteran
East Texas
Happy Birthday Salty!

Wasup Jonathan! can't imagine trying to squeez in workouts with your travel

My first open water swim of the year last night. I HATE cold water and I really wanted to get in before Sunday so me and a few friends swam last night. It wasn't too bad but my feet never really warmed up and I felt like I had a ice cream headache the whole time. I'll try and get in a few more times before Sunday just to get comfortable.

2014-04-01 7:25 AM
in reply to: JJ-

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by JJ-

Happy Birthday Salty!

Oh did I miss it? is it today? HAPPY HAPPY Birthday

Ok well since people have been harassing me (namely Janyne) here are a few pics of my new toy. I picked it up Friday and today is the first day the sun has come out.

Happy Tuesday everyone - 2 weeks to file! Are your taxes done yet?

(IMG_20140401_081634455.jpg)

(IMG_20140401_081623463.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_20140401_081634455.jpg (151KB - 6 downloads)
IMG_20140401_081623463.jpg (180KB - 10 downloads)
2014-04-01 8:02 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by JJ- Happy Birthday Salty!
Oh did I miss it? is it today? HAPPY HAPPY Birthday Ok well since people have been harassing me (namely Janyne) here are a few pics of my new toy. I picked it up Friday and today is the first day the sun has come out. Happy Tuesday everyone - 2 weeks to file! Are your taxes done yet?

OOOOHHHHHH Pretty!!!

2014-04-01 8:47 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Oh did I miss it? is it today? HAPPY HAPPY Birthday Ok well since people have been harassing me (namely Janyne) here are a few pics of my new toy. I picked it up Friday and today is the first day the sun has come out. Happy Tuesday everyone - 2 weeks to file! Are your taxes done yet?

Good looking toy :-)  Is that an Adamo saddle that I spy?

2014-04-01 9:05 AM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Purty!

Looks faaaaaaaaaaaaast…… 

Matt

2014-04-01 9:32 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by JJ-

Happy Birthday Salty!

Oh did I miss it? is it today? HAPPY HAPPY Birthday

Ok well since people have been harassing me (namely Janyne) here are a few pics of my new toy. I picked it up Friday and today is the first day the sun has come out.

Happy Tuesday everyone - 2 weeks to file! Are your taxes done yet?

VERY nice!! My taxes are done, and my return is already spent. Very efficient this year!

2014-04-01 9:39 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by jbwills Hello all, I know it has been a while since I posted or even logged anything. I am finally getting back to working out and prepping for a 2 half-marathons. I am also slowly going to prep for Beach to Battleship in late October. B2B will be interesting as I will be stateside for 2-6 weeks before the race to finish getting my swim in place (currently in Afghanistan). I am looking at doing some dry land training to keep the muscles in shape and work on some dry land technic to try and improve my swim. I hope everyone has been doing well and training and racing like Manatees do. Jonathan

Ice Cube!!! {MELON PRESS} but what about Pikatti?

Wow, lots of love to you in Afghanistan. Can't be easy. BTW for dryland swim stuff you can't beat swim cords (make 'em with whatever you got, it's easy):

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC4DD1FE0E3ABC7F8

2014-04-01 10:08 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

it is. and my squishy parts are sore
2014-04-01 10:21 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Wow, those are amazing!

Haven't been to any but wow, some of those sure look delicious! Especially now that my part of Colorado is in brown Spring season: no snow, but still very little green. I want to go to the beach...NOW. Don't even need to go to a fancy resort or fabulous pool; pretty much any decent beach will do. Chris???

Later this week:

2014-04-01 10:24 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
2014-04-01 10:41 AM
in reply to: JJ-

User image

Denver, CO
Originally posted by JJ-

Happy Birthday Salty!

Wasup Jonathan! can't imagine trying to squeez in workouts with your travel

My first open water swim of the year last night. I HATE cold water and I really wanted to get in before Sunday so me and a few friends swam last night. It wasn't too bad but my feet never really warmed up and I felt like I had a ice cream headache the whole time. I'll try and get in a few more times before Sunday just to get comfortable.

That sounds miserable. So the HIM in Galveston is still a go? I hear the shipping channel is open again and that oil spills clear out pretty fast, although the water there is always pretty icky.

2014-04-01 10:44 AM

User image

Denver, CO
Originally posted by jbwills

Hello all,

I know it has been a while since I posted or even logged anything. I am finally getting back to working out and prepping for a 2 half-marathons. I am also slowly going to prep for Beach to Battleship in late October. B2B will be interesting as I will be stateside for 2-6 weeks before the race to finish getting my swim in place (currently in Afghanistan). I am looking at doing some dry land training to keep the muscles in shape and work on some dry land technic to try and improve my swim.

I hope everyone has been doing well and training and racing like Manatees do.

Jonathan

Hi, Jonathan. We haven't "met" yet but welcome back anyway. Take care and keep us posted on how the dry land training's going.
2014-04-01 10:48 AM

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by JJ-Happy Birthday Salty!
Oh did I miss it? is it today? HAPPY HAPPY Birthday Ok well since people have been harassing me (namely Janyne) here are a few pics of my new toy. I picked it up Friday and today is the first day the sun has come out.Happy Tuesday everyone - 2 weeks to file! Are your taxes done yet?
She's a beauty!!
2014-04-01 10:50 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

I don't think they should be! Did you have a bike fit? Maybe move the nose down a bit? With non-Adamo saddles, I always like the nose to be up a bit, but with the Adamo, I need it perfectly flat. Just a thought.
2014-04-01 11:49 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I don't think they should be! Did you have a bike fit? Maybe move the nose down a bit? With non-Adamo saddles, I always like the nose to be up a bit, but with the Adamo, I need it perfectly flat. Just a thought.

I agree with Hands. When I was getting used to my Adamo I had sore sit bones for a couple rides but the squishy parts were fine. That's what I like about the adamo!

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

McFuzz's New Athlete Group (CLOSED) Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21

Started by McFuzz
Views: 24758 Posts: 509

2014-10-29 11:38 AM McFuzz

Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me) Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37023 Posts: 779

2014-05-23 8:02 PM Pink Socks

The Other Way - Training by Feeling and Racing to Train - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12

Started by pfomalont
Views: 17336 Posts: 299

2014-05-19 7:15 AM marriedthepoolguy

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
The following is my 'new years resolution' for 2003.