General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Is the Horrible Hundred and/or GFT bike route marked? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-02 1:29 PM

User image

, Utah
Subject: Is the Horrible Hundred and/or GFT bike route marked?
Subject says it all. I wanted to know if the Horrible Hundred route and/or the Great Floridan bike course is marked on the road so an out-of-towner might be able to follow the routes easily, or at least somewhat easily? I have maps and cue sheets for both but obviously road markings make it much easier!

Thanks!

Edited by little red 2014-01-02 1:43 PM

2014-01-02 2:15 PM
in reply to: little red

New user

Subject: RE: Is the Horrible Hundred and/or GFT bike route marked?
There are little arrows painted before each turn. Many are still there, but I have not rode the entire course since the event.
2014-01-02 2:37 PM
in reply to: jlaack

User image

Regular
Clermont, Florida
I ride the GFT course weekly. The markings are there, but in many places they are worn and difficult to see. In addition, there are lots of other cyclist/clubs that use the routes, so in some places there may be conflicting marks on the road. IMO, it's not really a difficult route to follow, but if you're unsure, you might want to have your GPS fired up.
2014-01-02 4:47 PM
in reply to: exnavydoc

User image

, Utah
Thanks for the replies! I always have the map and cue sheet when I do any unfamiliar rides but it's always nice to be lazy and have arrows marking the way. It sounds like I should find my way around either of these routes. Thanks again!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Is the Horrible Hundred and/or GFT bike route marked? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Horrible Hundred

Started by amd723
Views: 675 Posts: 1

2012-11-14 7:40 AM amd723

Horrible Hundred, Clermont....anyone?

Started by DolphinGirlMB
Views: 1595 Posts: 5

2009-10-26 5:59 PM [email protected]

Orlando area bike routes

Started by Then&Now
Views: 910 Posts: 3

2009-05-28 9:29 PM Then&Now

Horrible Hundred

Started by TriTom86
Views: 1276 Posts: 5

2008-11-12 6:57 PM Then&Now

the Horrible Hundred

Started by flyinfree
Views: 784 Posts: 11

2007-11-07 3:23 PM Apodysophilic
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 12, 2012
comments : 2
Mark will reveal blow by blow what took him from six devastating setbacks in the Ironman World Championships in Kona to the first of his six World Championship victories on the Big Island.

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : March 26, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Instructions on how to directly upload routes from your Garmin training device into your training logs.

date : May 8, 2007
author : Ron
Lots of updates in this version! Map your routes and elevation profiles of single sport workouts, bricks and races! Directly integrates into BT's training log to assign routes to workouts.
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
Video on what body marking is all about during check-in.

date : April 24, 2005
I can't get my gel pack out of my back pocket and then get it open to eat! I know this sounds really beginnerish, but what tricks or tools can I use to be able to have my food more accessible?
date : September 4, 2004
Thoughts on carbohydrate loading leading up to triathlon race day.

date : September 4, 2004
Thoughts on low carbohydrate diets in conjuntion with triathlon training.