General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Water in Ears Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-07 9:55 PM

User image

Phoenix, Arizona
Subject: Water in Ears
Has anyone heard of or used the Ear Band-it? I need to keep water out of my ears & found this online. I have tubes in my ears, so I don't want to use alcohol drops. I use silicone plugs; they do ok until they leak with no warning. That's no good! Any other tips?

http://www.earbandit.com/go2/swimming_headband_earband_earplugs_ear...

Thanks everyone!

Debby

2014-01-21 2:53 PM
in reply to: parit50

Subject: RE: Water in Ears
Those ear bands are made of a neoprene material, There used mostly with children to hold earplus in. They wrap around the head and have a velcro closure. Since they can not be placed tightly around the head/ears I dont see how thay can hold the earplugs in. Just to keep them from falling all the way out. Much better is a home made swim band made from a silicon cap or a complete silicon cap with a bubble strap cap over in a snug head size. That and some good ear plugs, Macks, or custom molded. go over any tips with your Doctor .

http://dryhairswimcap.blogspot.com/ Tips to keep out water Use With The Earplugs Watergear makes bubble caps in head sizes wear a race cap

over if you want.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Water in Ears Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Ear plug trouble still

Started by JerseyQuaker
Views: 604 Posts: 4

2007-06-02 6:36 AM Josh_Berman

Gel-Bot - Water Bottle that holds Gel & Water

Started by rjmonahan
Views: 792 Posts: 2

2006-08-20 9:03 PM watsonrm

Ear Plugs

Started by CalgaryRunner
Views: 1532 Posts: 16

2005-09-17 9:19 PM Cmikul

Question about Swimming Ear Plugs

Started by indiancrossover
Views: 1016 Posts: 5

2005-06-15 1:52 PM Matteight

ear plugs during race

Started by xiphias
Views: 1101 Posts: 10

2005-03-09 7:48 PM keepitup
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : March 18, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 1
What is the best way to carry fluid on your bike in a triathlon?
date : February 27, 2012
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
How is water used in the body? Is bottled water better? Should I drink 8 glasses of water a day?

date : September 15, 2011
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : February 18, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on a sinking swimmer, fear of water, going from 1:30 to 1:15, are fins helpful or hurtful, open water swimming tips and breathing and efficiency.

date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.
date : April 18, 2005
author : Nancy Clark
The following is a sneak peak at Nancy Clark’s upcoming book on endurance nutrition - The Cyclist’s Food Guide: Fueling for the Distance

date : December 12, 2004
author : CLLinIA
comments : 1
What you can do to clean up your local swimming hole and keep it clean!