General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New to Tri - in Tucson Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-08-03 11:53 AM

New user

Tucson, AZ
Subject: New to Tri - in Tucson
Hey all,

First off, gotta compliment everyone on this board - been reading up on Triathlon for a couple weeks, including this board, and everyone here seems very helpful!

Thought I'd look into doing a sprint triathlon - probably the Tucson Triathlon, assuming it's in March '07 again. I'd consider the upcoming Tinfoilman in October, but wife and I just had our first baby three weeks ago, so hesitant to jump right in. Starting out, I'm in decent shape, been lifting weights routinely for a couple years, but haven't done much aerobic stuff. So, starting on my running - aiming to run 2 mi confortable, and will be starting to swim soon, after I get some goggles, cap, suit. Figured I'd start with some of the city pools for laps- opinions on where to go in Tucson? I live on the west side (Grant/Silverbell) and work at Raytheon - found a couple possibilities already. Starting to scope out some good running/biking routes too. Biking will be new to me as well, especially sharing the road!

Anyway, thought I'd say hey!

-Mike

2006-08-04 10:24 AM
in reply to: #501411

User image

Tucson
Subject: RE: New to Tri - in Tucson
Welcome to Tucson. I swim at the LA Fitness next to park mall. As for the west side I would look at the UofA either the student rec center or the pool at hildenbrant (sp?) I am not sure but they might have times for lap swim. Mid Valley Athletic club does not have much of a club but they do have a lap pool. That is all I can think of right now.

I am doing my first tri at the tinfoilman this fall.

Kevin
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New to Tri - in Tucson Rss Feed