Orlando, Florida
United States
70F / 21C
Total Time = 58m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Stayed off property this year so we had to provide our own transportation to the race start. I was a bit nervous about this process because of all the horror stories I'd heard in the past about traffic and parking so we left the hotel plenty early for the race, around 4:30 (5:30 start) and we were parked and sitting in our car listening to an Ultra Runner Podcast by 4:50. I don't really see what the big deal is! We stayed at the Holiday Inn next to Downtown Disney and had no problems any day getting to the race on time. We parked with all the other people at Epcot, they don't charge you for parking for the race, and although the traffic grew worse each day leading to the marathon, it was never absurd and we never felt nervous or anxious about getting to the race on time.
Event warmup:

Not much, just walking to the start and stretching in the corral.

Run
  • 58m
  • 6.2 miles
  • 09m 21s  min/mile
Comments:

Day 2 of the Dopey Challenge. It was hot out, at least for this northerner. I decided I wanted to finish under an hour today, but no need to push it too hard since I had two more days of tough races ahead of me. I took advantage of the aid stations today to limit any excessive damage from the heat and sweat loss. It was a decent course, not too crowded and a fun run. Not much more to say about it.
What would you do differently?:

Not much, I had a plan to run about the pace that I did and I stuck to that plan.
Post race
Warm down:

Walking to the car, fluids and food from the race finish. I got a bag of ice for my right knee which has had ITB issues in the past.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Only limiting factors were the next two days worth of racing, otherwise I guess I could have run faster.

Event comments:

Good race, nice course and well organized. A bit expensive, I would only do this one if part of the Dopey Challenge, probably not worth doing it otherwise.

Last updated: 2014-01-15 12:00 AM
Running
00:58:00 | 06.2 miles | 09m 21s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: One big loop, runs through the resort with the boardwalk then through Epcot.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2014-01-15 9:42 AM

User image

Expert
Alexandria, MN
Subject: Walt Disney World 10k
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Walt Disney World 10k Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Walt Disney World Triathlon

Started by lfmcdougal
Views: 2250 Posts: 3

2005-10-23 8:41 AM oipolloi

Started by jparks1204
Views: 1669 Posts: 6

2005-10-01 8:04 PM jparks1204

Started by PhotoRue
Views: 2425 Posts: 12

2006-01-05 12:33 PM run4yrlif

Started by rayman350
Views: 1508 Posts: 3

2005-09-28 10:01 AM oipolloi

Started by dodgersmom
Views: 1659 Posts: 3

2005-09-26 5:05 PM KathyG
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 16, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Watch Christina Robeson, Chris Bagg, Janda Ricci-Munn and Lisbeth Kenyon battle it out at the 2008 Multisport World Expo in this 10K indoor time trial.

date : June 11, 2007
author : Cinci41
comments : 1
My thinking was that with three events, I could vary my training enough so it wouldn't grow stale prior to seeing positive results and finding the additional motivation I needed to continue training.
date : June 14, 2005
author : smeeko
Training plan featuring specific interval-type and track workouts to increase your 10K speed over the course of 2 months.

date : September 26, 2004
author : jhealy422
comments : 2
For as long as I can remember, I’ve had weight issues. I remember standing on the scale as a child weighing 60 pounds and feeling fat. My family dealt with stress by eating.
date : September 19, 2004
author : adumey
I am not tough. I cried during the Lion King stampede, during Armageddon when Liv Tyler collapsed on the TV as her dad wished her farewell and, most embarrassingly, E.T.

date : September 5, 2004
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.
date : September 4, 2004
2003 Ultraman World Champion.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!