General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Interval training with a Suunto Ambit 2 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-19 9:05 AM

Subject: Interval training with a Suunto Ambit 2
Hello everyone,
I just got my new Suunto Ambit2 HR, and I was wandering if anyone would be able to suggest me or direct me toward a good interval training app I can get on movescount.com that works with timing and another one that works with distances for the intervals.

Thank you so much in advance.

Happy training.

V/R,
Marco Rosa

2014-01-21 5:54 AM
in reply to: pilotaids

User image

Subject: RE: Interval training with a Suunto Ambit 2
Hello Marco, glad to see you've chosen the Ambit 2, welcome, so far what is your opinion about it?

I've already used this one http://www.movescount.com/apps/app10008482-Interval_training_V1

another tip, I don't know if you have already looked for how to create the interval training, you may use this link...

http://life.tomwright.me.uk/post/45754837411/interval-training-with...

I'm trying yo get back to work after a long break (hard time, I must say), but there in Movescount also a lot of groups with ambit users that can help you if you find any doubt about the watch or how to do anything.

by the way my username in Movescount is lincolngribel, add me if you want to.

regards
2014-01-21 6:57 AM

User image

Veteran
Hudson Valley
If you can count to 10, you don't need an app.
Just read heart rate training books written by Sally Edwards.
2014-01-23 12:41 PM

User image

Pro

Looks like there's a new Product.  An Ambit 2R   i.e. an Ambit 2- just for running.  Which doesn't really make sense, as the Ambit 2 already is a multisport watch.  Maybe it just has a simplified interface?  ???

http://twitpic.com/dt24fq

2014-01-28 8:55 AM
in reply to: LGPS-BR

Originally posted by LGPS-BR

Hello Marco, glad to see you've chosen the Ambit 2, welcome, so far what is your opinion about it?

I've already used this one http://www.movescount.com/apps/app10008482-Interval_training_V1

another tip, I don't know if you have already looked for how to create the interval training, you may use this link...

http://life.tomwright.me.uk/post/45754837411/interval-training-with...

I'm trying yo get back to work after a long break (hard time, I must say), but there in Movescount also a lot of groups with ambit users that can help you if you find any doubt about the watch or how to do anything.

by the way my username in Movescount is lincolngribel, add me if you want to.

regards

so far I love my Ambut 2!! I tested it in the pool, running, doing indoor training and while working and I'm extremely pleased.

thank you so much for your help.
I'll definitely add u on movescount!!
2014-02-17 1:59 AM

There are plenty of Apps on Movescount, with intervals based on distance time ... Personally I prefer to use apps customized according to my training plan. I have one App that I update according to my plan using websites like www.mytrainingplan.eu or www.seckle.ch.

2014-02-17 6:37 AM
in reply to: SimonF

User image

What is the name of this app?
2014-02-19 2:17 PM
in reply to: LGPS-BR

The website generates an App according to your own interval training.
For example 15' warmup followed by 5*(300m+5' recovery). The code of the App must be copied in the Movescount App designer window and loaded on the Ambit.
Have a look at http://www.mytrainingplan.eu/HowTo.html
2014-03-17 6:02 AM
in reply to: SimonF

User image

Thanks for that
2015-12-01 7:41 AM

Hi Pals,

I am new user of Suunto Ambit 2R. I really don't know how to set up interval training in my watch and so ask for your kind help.

Simply, my plan is as follow:-

2 km warm up
3 mins for 400 m
5 repetitions

I usually run 400m with 1 min 40 s and remaining time, abt 1 min 20 s, for rest. What I want is to see running time each track AND sounds BEE when 3 mins end up.

Please kindly advise.

jayson
HK
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Interval training with a Suunto Ambit 2 Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

910xt or Ambit 2???

Started by pilotaids
Views: 9255 Posts: 21

2014-01-24 4:53 AM LGPS-BR

I'm giving away a Suunto Ambit 2 or $500 in gear!

Started by ipull400watts
Views: 974 Posts: 1

2013-07-09 11:41 AM ipull400watts

Suunto Ambit

Started by summers_jm
Views: 1092 Posts: 1

2012-11-05 3:58 PM summers_jm

suunto ambit

Started by johnp12
Views: 1475 Posts: 3

2012-05-30 5:21 PM Mountaindan

Interval Training Equipment

Started by tritritriagain
Views: 804 Posts: 2

2007-06-29 6:20 AM the bear
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 7, 2013
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Intervals help a runner manage the intensity and learn to push at a pace that’s out of their comfort zone. Learn these five intervals with example workouts.

date : November 12, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
In this review, we put the Garmin Forerunner 405 and the Suunto T6C heart-rate and GPS watches through the wringers.
date : January 2, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on the 'pull', swim phases, emulating Michael Phelps, the glide, dragging feet, interval training, and going backwards when kicking.

date : March 21, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 2
Interval training for weight loss. Weight training for weight loss. These interval workouts can be done in 15 to 20 minutes and have huge caloric expenditures for those who are crunched for time.
date : November 6, 2006
author : Tri Swim Coach
Interval training is essential to improving your swim time. Here are a few examples of setting up your swim interval training.

date : September 10, 2004
author : steve
Well its the middle of winter and there is 5 inches of snow on the ground and I am too cheap to buy a gym membership and take spinning classes, so what do I do?
date : September 1, 2004
author : owie
“Less is more,” is a common buzz phrase in endurance sports today. It refers to the trend of training less but focusing on intensity and quality rather than on quantity.

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
I decided to list a few interesting workouts to increase speed.