Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-01-23 6:40 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Master
Beijing
Subject: RE: Incandescent light bulb ban

To be honest, living in China, I'm immune to any sort of lighting oddity.   They'll put lights on anything, anytime.   

To wit: Here is the "neon Mary" at the South Cathedral.  An orange and red double-border around the Virgin.  Classy. 

(neon_mary.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
neon_mary.jpg (37KB - 18 downloads)

2014-01-24 9:31 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Master
Denver

Originally posted by mehaner

Originally posted by chirunner134 talked to my dad. He had one that ran 8 hours a day for 14 years and then he had to replace it. People who always replacing the new ones my question is are the constantly turning them off and on? As my dad says. You turn it on and if you need it again soon you just leave it on. It only takes a minute to be fully lit and I have no issues with the color. I am more worried about them breaking in my next move than I worry about burning out.

i HATE the color of fluorescent in my bathroom vanity!  i need to know what my skin looks like and if my makeup looks natural.  fluorescent are AWFUL for that.

also - i am amazed at the frequency of lightbulb changing as well.  i've bought maybe 20 or 30 lightbulbs total for my house in 6 years.  that averages out to changing out every bulb that is used regularly maybe every 2 years????  of course...it's always 3 that burn out at the same exact time....now THAT is annoying.

Our bathroom vanity was among the last of the lights to get changed out because I wanted warm light, bulbs that didn't stick out really far and they had to be affordable.  $90 of funny looking bulbs for the bathroom wasn't going to work.  The two packs of 40w bulbs they have at Home Depot work great & are much more affordable.  Make sure you get the two pack - the single pack 40w ones have a collar around the base that makes them stick out farther but the two packs are basically the same size as an incandescent & look the same once they're screwed in.

2014-01-27 9:49 AM
in reply to: drewb8

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

Well I bit the bullet and went for 8 of these for my soffits.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_179496-75774-L9PAR20/LEDG5_0__?productId=4595277&Ntt=par20&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dpar20&facetInfo=

Wasn't a lot of fun to drop $160 for light bulbs but if they last a few years I will be ahead.

They claim 3,000 on the kelvin scale. They are a bit whiter than the halogen's they replaced but not bad. Definitely put out a decent amount of light.

2014-01-27 5:44 PM
in reply to: Aarondb4

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by Aarondb4

Well I bit the bullet and went for 8 of these for my soffits.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_179496-75774-L9PAR20/LEDG5_0__?productId=4595277&Ntt=par20&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dpar20&facetInfo=

Wasn't a lot of fun to drop $160 for light bulbs but if they last a few years I will be ahead.

They claim 3,000 on the kelvin scale. They are a bit whiter than the halogen's they replaced but not bad. Definitely put out a decent amount of light.

I got the same think at Costco.  But for 17 or so.  Saved a couple bucks.  I replace 2 existing and like them, so now I need to get another 4 to be done.  I agree, brighter than the halogen I replace but not obnoxious.  Also, there is a fraction of a second they take to turn on for some reason.  No big deal, but used to the switch flipping and instant on.  Now it's a noticeable 0.1 second delay or something!

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Incandescent light bulb ban Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

block funding to schools that ban imaginary guns

Started by idahocraig
Views: 1634 Posts: 15

2013-07-12 1:36 PM tuwood

CA "Gun Control" Bill basically bans all firearms

Started by bcart1991
Views: 2144 Posts: 6

2013-06-03 10:30 PM SevenZulu
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Incorporating strides to improving your cadence, be light on your feet and improve your run times.

date : February 4, 2009
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Marni will show you how to make your own delicious and nutritious wrap that is light on calories but high in protein and nutrients.
date : September 4, 2005
author : Michael
comments : 5
But just when I was beginning to think that life is consumed by only darkness, just out of my sight, there it was...A glimmer of light.

date : May 30, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Hamilton has vowed to fight the allegations and “clear his name.” Is he guilty? You decide.
date : November 29, 2004
author : Akuma
comments : 3
A bike is NOT a piece of metal with a couple of wheels at either end and a steering thing to stop you running over old ladies. No! ... a bike is a space-age “weapon of mass confusion.”