General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Rock Philly Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-02-20 8:16 AM

User image

New user
Philadelphia
Subject: Tri Rock Philly
Who's signed up? Did anyone receive a book in the mail? I got a signed copy of the "25 Years of the Ironman Triathlon World Championship" by Bob Babbitt, signed by Mr. Babbitt. He wishes me luck in the Tri Rock and I was wondering if this was swag for registering? I don't see anything on their website and I'm wondering why I got it. Don't get me wrong, it's very cool. Just curious.

2014-02-20 9:26 AM
in reply to: davidamitchell

Subject: RE: Tri Rock Philly
I'm registered, have received no such swag!
2014-02-21 8:37 AM
in reply to: VGT

User image

New user
Philadelphia
Yeah, I'm not sure that's where it comes from. It might have been a friend who sent it to me. That's why I'm asking. Just not sure.

2014-02-23 11:42 AM
in reply to: davidamitchell

User image

Delco, PA

No swag for me

2014-03-17 3:14 PM
in reply to: C_Hassard

User image

Pro

I'm in. I swore I wasn't doing it, but it's so close to my house. 10 minutes by bike.

2014-03-18 3:30 PM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Delco, PA

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly

I'm in. I swore I wasn't doing it, but it's so close to my house. 10 minutes by bike.

Why didn't you originally want to do it?  Last year was my first and I thought it was an outstanding race.  A bit pricey, yes, but I still enjoyed it.

2014-03-19 2:46 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by C_Hassard

Why didn't you originally want to do it?  Last year was my first and I thought it was an outstanding race.  A bit pricey, yes, but I still enjoyed it.

I've done it 3 times. It's a crowded course and I'm not a fan of the TriRock events in general.

2014-03-19 3:49 PM

User image

Delco, PA

I've done it 3 times. It's a crowded course and I'm not a fan of the TriRock events in general.

Just too much going on in the TriRock races with all the music and everything?

For the crowds, I definitely did notice that on the 2nd lap of the bike course.  Luckily, the swim is my strong leg so I was out in the front going into the bike and there wasn't many people on the first lap.  Coming through that second lap when people were coming out of T1, it was congested.

2014-03-21 8:18 AM

User image

Pro

For the crowds, I definitely did notice that on the 2nd lap of the bike course.  Luckily, the swim is my strong leg so I was out in the front going into the bike and there wasn't many people on the first lap.  Coming through that second lap when people were coming out of T1, it was congested.

The focus on TriRock events seems to be the party more than the race. That and I think I'm turning into a 'get off my lawn' kind of guy. Too loud! My issue is definitely the bike course. It's technical as it is, and you get a lot of people who haven't biked the course or done any hills. I don't consider Lemon Hill much of a climb, but there are people who basically come to a stop and you have to swerve around them. Now, if I was a decent swimmer I'd probably avoid most of that, but I'm not

My whole club will be there with our tent and BBQ, so it will be fun.

2014-03-26 9:41 AM

User image

Exton, PA

The focus on TriRock events seems to be the party more than the race. That and I think I'm turning into a 'get off my lawn' kind of guy. Too loud! My issue is definitely the bike course. It's technical as it is, and you get a lot of people who haven't biked the course or done any hills. I don't consider Lemon Hill much of a climb, but there are people who basically come to a stop and you have to swerve around them. Now, if I was a decent swimmer I'd probably avoid most of that, but I'm not

My whole club will be there with our tent and BBQ, so it will be fun.

I've never done that one, but helped out about 5 years ago(I think it was called something else then) when a friend was doing it. I saw so many accidents at the bike start / turn around that it totally turned me off to wanting to do it. Way too crowded of a bike coarse.
2014-03-27 8:47 AM
in reply to: mike761

User image

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Last year's Oly was my first Triathlon and I really enjoyed it.

I may do it again this year and will decide the day before the race.

If there has been no rain leading up the event and the forecast is clear then the swim will be on and I will go the Expo and sign-up. However, if there has been a decent rainstorm in the days leading up to the race there is a good chance the swim will be cancelled. Apparently this happens frequently.

I'm not interested in a run-bike-run event at this price.

Hope its clear and to see you there.

Bob

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Rock Philly Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Philly Tri = Free Tri Suit

Started by ajfoster02
Views: 842 Posts: 4

2007-04-19 6:28 AM ajfoster02

Any Philly Tri updates?

Started by dontracy
Views: 1182 Posts: 8

2006-06-25 6:25 AM The Beast

another Philly tri thread!

Started by nj newbie!
Views: 688 Posts: 1

2006-06-22 5:05 AM nj newbie!

Philly Tri - open water swim practice

Started by The Beast
Views: 3623 Posts: 20

2005-04-16 7:05 PM writers2

Philly Tri in June-Is anyone with me? Pages: 1 2

Started by latamike
Views: 3494 Posts: 26

2005-02-16 7:26 PM jdog22
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 13, 2010
author : kcowart
comments : 11
I have always been an athlete, growing up playing team sports like basketball and soccer. I also ran in a couple of 10K races every year, so I had no reason to worry about running a 5K...right?

date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.
date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.

date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.
date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
comments : 0
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.
date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.