Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor, Brains Brawn Beauty - will be spoilers Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2014-05-19 2:16 PM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Subject: RE: Survivor, Brains Brawn Beauty - will be spoilers

I say Tony wins the million. 

2014-05-20 6:48 AM
in reply to: KSH

Master
Memphis, TN
Originally posted by KSH

He has certainly controlled the game since the merge when he got Kass on board.

It really depends on the jury and if they are bitter or not. Russell Hantz controlled the game and was at the final 3 twice and went home empty handed both times.

Should be a good episode Wednesday.

#teamspencer
2014-05-20 8:07 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by KSH

I'd agree, but if Spencer gets into the final 3 he has a serious chance.

I'll be surprised if Woo doesn't get fan favorite. He is a likeable guy.

2014-05-20 8:29 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by KSH

But they juries have also been known to vote for someone, because they played the game so well, even if they hated the person because of how they played. 

2014-05-20 8:49 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by KSH

Originally posted by KSH

But they juries have also been known to vote for someone, because they played the game so well, even if they hated the person because of how they played. 

No doubt about that, which strikes me as interesting. Playing the game well can take on so many different meanings.  This season it seems to mean game control. So, Tony leads the pack on that. However, Spencer stepped it up every time he needed to. Always on the bottom of the pack, yet he continues to play hard and win immunity when he had to.  He has been played on occasion (anyone want to play an idol?), but he played Tony like a piano when he needed to save himself. 

This week should be interesting. 

2014-05-20 10:10 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
Originally posted by KSH

Originally posted by KSH

Depends on the jury if they respect the game they will probably vote for Tony but if they are bitter it could be anyone but Tony. That's how Natalie won against Russell Hantz and Alicia. I think that was her name, won against Coach.

It's hard to tell by the edit but the jury seems to react negatively to the stories that Tony is giving during tribal.

I seriously doubt that Kass can get one vote. Woo might get one vote but between Tony and Spencer it could be interesting. It really all depends on how much they respect the game for different reasons like Spencer winning when he needed to win and stoking up Tony's paranoia to vote out Jefra.

2014-05-22 3:21 AM
in reply to: Jtiger

User image

Elite

Not real sure how I feel about that.

Really bummed Spencer lost to Cass. I was rooting for him. Can't believe she came back.

With those final three... Spence still worked it. And I did not know they were doing another challenge, which he called right.... but of those 3, Tony wins.

Woo wins immunity. I think "Cut the Head of the Dragon off" and take your million.... but he doesn't. And I like his reason. He wins me over.

I have no idea what planet Cass is from. Zero chance of winning. She could have argued her case for ten years and she never wins.

So the jury looks bitter. I can't believe Tony. It isn't that he lied, it's how he did it. I don't care what anyone says... he is a sleaze. The sleaziest player to ever get a million. And yes he certainly worked for it... but he does not get my vote.

Then, Woo... wins a couple immunities, the last one... plays an honorable game... takes the best with him to the end... which he is the only one I know of that did that and meant it.... and he looses. I was swayed by his argument... and then douche bag gets the money.

Yes, I know it's a game. I know you have to lie. I would... but the guy is over the line. I can't possibly fathom anyone being so dastardly in a game, and a choir boy in real life. It does not work that way. Being under handed came WAAAAAYYYY to easy for him. He looked way too comfortable doing it.

I don't know.... Some people say they are going to play with integrity, but they don't Coach has a lot to learn from Woo. But a genuinely nice guy... looses. And he had a case... but yes, Tony worked really hard and lying to everyone..... hummmmm

As far as I'm concerned... Spencer played the best game. No evilness. On the bottom the ENTIRE game. No real power alliances. Scrambled the whole game... manipulated Tony, won a lot of challenges... By far the best player to loose.

2014-05-22 7:22 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
Spencer lost me at the end when he went on his rant at the final tribal vote. He had fair questions and then went on his lobbying rant about voting for Tony. Just came off like a pissed off kid. Hopefully he has grown a up a little and finds out that the world is not his oyster and people aren't going to give him everything just because the thinks he so awesome. He's certainly a product of this new millennial generation.

I thought Tony might have been in trouble with the way Jefra and Trish went after him at final tribal. Swearing of your wife, kids, dead parents seems to go way to far but in that game it's not reality it's a game for $1 million and the most deserving player won IMO. If it had been Spencer and Tony at the end and I was on the jury I might have had a problem deciding. Woo won won when he needed to but he was short on the resume that awarded him the win, IMO.

Kass never had a snowballs chance and my wife loves her and tried to argue her case to me but it was just to full of holes. Maybe it was the edit. The childishness I can see from Spencer who is a 21 year old dumb kid but Kass didn't need to call people Skeletor or flip anyone off. Tony didn't do that kind of stuff, but he did talk in llama but not in front of the jury.

Kass is not cut out for this game. She told two people she was voting them out and you NEVER do that. Great at reading people but doesn't get that its never over until the end.

What is up with Probst talking to Garrett and the first guy voted out but not Alexis, Jeramiah or Bryce? I can see not talking to the girl that quit but Jeramiah was on the jury and really well liked.

I was most heartbroken about not talking to Alexis for obvious reason.

I like the theme for next season. I'm guessing it's no returning players. I think this season proved that you don't need returning players to have a good season. This is one of the best I've seen.

2014-05-22 10:18 AM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Tony worked Woo all the way to him winning a million dollars. Woo was taken in by his "you played with honor... keep playing with honor" speech, just like Tony KNEW Woo would be... and thus, he didn't win. 

His big play would have been taking Cass, NOT Tony. Duh. But Woo was true to who he was till the end... a guy riding Tony's coat tails, and not making any moves. 

I knew Tony would win for his game play. And he did play the game... in a very sleazy way, that's for sure! 

2014-05-22 12:30 PM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by Jtiger Spencer lost me at the end when he went on his rant at the final tribal vote. He had fair questions and then went on his lobbying rant about voting for Tony. Just came off like a pissed off kid. Hopefully he has grown a up a little and finds out that the world is not his oyster and people aren't going to give him everything just because the thinks he so awesome. He's certainly a product of this new millennial generation. I thought Tony might have been in trouble with the way Jefra and Trish went after him at final tribal. Swearing of your wife, kids, dead parents seems to go way to far but in that game it's not reality it's a game for $1 million and the most deserving player won IMO. If it had been Spencer and Tony at the end and I was on the jury I might have had a problem deciding. Woo won won when he needed to but he was short on the resume that awarded him the win, IMO. Kass never had a snowballs chance and my wife loves her and tried to argue her case to me but it was just to full of holes. Maybe it was the edit. The childishness I can see from Spencer who is a 21 year old dumb kid but Kass didn't need to call people Skeletor or flip anyone off. Tony didn't do that kind of stuff, but he did talk in llama but not in front of the jury. Kass is not cut out for this game. She told two people she was voting them out and you NEVER do that. Great at reading people but doesn't get that its never over until the end. What is up with Probst talking to Garrett and the first guy voted out but not Alexis, Jeramiah or Bryce? I can see not talking to the girl that quit but Jeramiah was on the jury and really well liked. I was most heartbroken about not talking to Alexis for obvious reason. I like the theme for next season. I'm guessing it's no returning players. I think this season proved that you don't need returning players to have a good season. This is one of the best I've seen.

Agreed... the lobby rant was silly, and yes he is very immature.... but he played a heck of a game.

Cass is just a moron. And the funny thing is I get it. I'm a independent type. I don't mind dropping bombs and seeing what happens, and I do not mind going my own way... but that isn't smart in survivor. She played a reckless lone wolf... and she would have gotten a reckless lone wolf vote... not one single one. I look at that as the worst possible way "I" could play the game.

This is the hard part about Survivor, and life in general... when are you willing to sacrifice who you are to get what you want?  I get it's a game. And would play it, bet that.... but most times... you just do not have to go as far as some do to win. Coach is the best example of all... 3 time player, wanted to win at any cost. Lied to everyone, yet still wanted to claim some stupid warrior code moral superiority. And he didn't win. He didn't have to enter into conflicting alliances at the drop of a hat. Tony did not need to swear on his family... might just be words to him in a game... but he didn't have to do it. could have done all the other stuff...

Everyone is going to have a different line in a different place. Some get it's a game, some don't. Some think it is all fair in survivor..... but that become a real problem... the bad guys finish first. If you have morals and ethics... Survivor is not your game. And that is a sad statement. Because while it is a game, it mimics very well hard decisions in real life. Tony without a doubt played the hardest, and was the best player at the end. And it isn't some travesty that he won... I'm just sayin'... his true character was shown, bet that. Woo's was too. Neither him or Coach won, but Woo can still look in the mirror.

Now Woo might get rewarded in different ways in his life from that decision. He very well could open his own place and become very successful because of what people know of him... but it cost him $750K. That' a bit of a hole to fill in.

2014-05-22 12:35 PM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by KSH

Tony worked Woo all the way to him winning a million dollars. Woo was taken in by his "you played with honor... keep playing with honor" speech, just like Tony KNEW Woo would be... and thus, he didn't win. 

His big play would have been taking Cass, NOT Tony. Duh. But Woo was true to who he was till the end... a guy riding Tony's coat tails, and not making any moves. 

I knew Tony would win for his game play. And he did play the game... in a very sleazy way, that's for sure! 

And yes, that is what I was hoping for watching... that is how I would play the game. That is how you win... he won his million when he won immunity and beat Tony...now all you have to do is open the door for him. That's how I see it. But he did sway me with his argument.

And he said that BS when Jeff asked if he was OK. that was a BS answer. And that might be what he tells himself when he goes to sleep, and with time it might be true... but that one i going to sting for a while. One simple choice lost $750K. The only silver lining is he still has his integrity, and he does get $250K. That's not bad.

2014-05-22 1:24 PM

Master
Memphis, TN
You should watch some of the Ponserosa footage. When Spencer got there he was a hero. When Kass got there it was like she had the plague.

If that footage can be believed Spencer would have won had he made it just a little further. He still left ranting like a child. He had a lot of growing up to do but it's been a year since it was shot so maybe this whole experience matured him. Hope so maybe he can come back on a Heroes vs Villains and win.

2014-05-22 3:30 PM

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

Kass's main problem is not what she did, but how she talked about it.  Why is there always one in the bunch?  Play nice, act sneakily.  This isn't rocket science!

I think Tony was a douche and didn't need to do some of what he did with the lying.  However, he also did some exceptionally smart things: finding the idols, lying about the use of the special idol, etc.    That is what saved him.  If anyone regrets anything from this season, all of the other losers should regret falling for the magical protection of the idol.   The idol shouldn't protect anyone until it's played, but THEY made it into something more.  So what if you don't get your guy because he plays an idol. The chances are (with some exceptions like Hance or Rob) they won't find it again right away.    Now that I  think about this, the idol has way too much power.  I'd like to go back to no idols for a while.

2014-05-22 3:35 PM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by BikerGrrrl

Kass's main problem is not what she did, but how she talked about it.  Why is there always one in the bunch?  Play nice, act sneakily.  This isn't rocket science!

I think Tony was a douche and didn't need to do some of what he did with the lying.  However, he also did some exceptionally smart things: finding the idols, lying about the use of the special idol, etc.    That is what saved him.  If anyone regrets anything from this season, all of the other losers should regret falling for the magical protection of the idol.   The idol shouldn't protect anyone until it's played, but THEY made it into something more.  So what if you don't get your guy because he plays an idol. The chances are (with some exceptions like Hance or Rob) they won't find it again right away.    Now that I  think about this, the idol has way too much power.  I'd like to go back to no idols for a while.

As long as they don't bring back "redemption island" or whatever it was called! I found it pretty dumb and never that exciting. 

2014-05-27 12:30 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Most of what I was thinking was said.  So I'll keep it brief.

I think Woo worked himself into a winning spot, then decided to take Tony based on "worthiness" at the end.  Dumb.  You take who you can beat.

I guarantee, for example, a pro basketball team breaths a bit easier if their arch rival get's knocked out by an underdog in a previous round.  I know they all SAY "to be the best, you have to beat the best".  Hogwash.  If you want to win the million/championship?  You secretly want the best situation to happen for you to do it.  Except in Woo's case I guess.  Would I WANT the best player on the opposing team to get hurt just before the superbowl?  Of course not.  If they did will I be disappointed that my team is not playing the best team/players?  Of course not.  You think the rest of the field is SAD if Tiger Woods didn't show up at a tournament?  I'm sure beating him heads up would amplify the satisfaction, but I KNOW they breathed a tad bit easier if he wasn't going to be there.

The more I thought about it, I actually appreciated a lot of Kass' game.  She really did the lawyer thing and cross examined people and created chaos.  I actually thought her going back to Woo and confronting him about telling Tony everything (which ended up getting Tony upset) was a good play on one hand - she got people not trusting each other.  BUT, on the other hand, she looked like a snitch/tattletale.  

2014-05-28 1:17 PM
in reply to: Kido

Master
Memphis, TN
My wife was a big fan of Kass but I'm not sure I appreciate the game of someone who just lives to stir stuff up. She was VERY good at reading people but had she not told people she was going to vote them out she might have had a shot at winning. I think she could be a good returning player if she could "care" when she's out there. In many interview she said she just didn't care.... I'd care about $1 million.

The edit made her come off as immature. I'd expect that behavior out of the younger members like Spencer or Jefra. She should have known better.

That being said, she does have her fans.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor, Brains Brawn Beauty - will be spoilers Rss Feed  

of 5

RELATED POSTS

Survivor--Samoa (potential spoiler)

Started by jldicarlo
Views: 999 Posts: 17

2009-11-20 3:08 PM CalgaryRunner

SURVIVOR 9/18/09 SPOILERS

Started by Fatdoggy
Views: 682 Posts: 12

2009-09-21 10:47 AM JBrashear

SURVIVOR - Finale 5/17/09 SPOILERS

Started by Fatdoggy
Views: 787 Posts: 7

2009-05-18 7:42 PM Afletcher

Survivor 4/23-SPOILERS

Started by David tri's
Views: 976 Posts: 17

2009-04-24 7:28 PM StMaas

Survivor 4/16/09 SPOILER

Started by Fatdoggy
Views: 925 Posts: 6

2009-04-20 9:56 PM BellinghamSpence
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 25, 2011
author : debihake
comments : 14
Overcoming many injuries, cancer and FEAR to compete in a triathlon

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : September 24, 2007
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on salt tablets, AM workout nutrition, coffee, post workout nutrition, whey powder, recovery nutrition, losing weight, Recoverite usage, the necessity of sugars and snack ideas.

date : August 17, 2007
author : IRONVIKING
Athletes were buzzing around, adding last minute things to their transition bags. The sidewalks and grassy areas are filled with spectators and cameras. Announcements were being made.
date : October 4, 2006
author : dleii
At some point I remember thinking about the movie CAPE FEAR. This is what it seemed like when I was around a lot of people. It was just a lot of commotion of waves, arms and feet.

date : November 29, 2004
author : Ron
What we see is that people want to look good – in a bad way. Our society paints a picture of beauty. But nobody wants to really go back to basics of diet and exercise as the fountain of youth.