General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Okinawan Food Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-04 12:04 AM

User image

Veteran
Newport, North Carolina
Subject: Okinawan Food
So my wife is Japanese and we are currently living on Okinawa. I have to say that I have seen my nutrition goals surpassed since I have starting eating Japanese only foods. Not the fast foods and snacks that are in every convenience store but wholesome foods packed with nutrients.

Goya (Bitter Melon) is a super food and is packed with vitamin c. Its good stir fried with tofu or egg and rice.
Okinawa Soba or Soba in general.
Fish, Fish, Fish including sushi and rolls.
Most of the sugar here is local, unrefined cane sugar which is delicious and only a little bit goes a long way.
The fresh green tea here is awesome, full of antioxidents and of course oolong tea helps with digestion.

I have lost fat but gained muscle but have remained a healthy 180 lbs which is normal or a guy that is 5'8"

Just an idea for someone that is looking for an alternative diet.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Okinawan Food Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

What's your secret energy and recovery food?

Started by aliengin
Views: 1394 Posts: 10

2004-12-16 12:13 PM madcow

cold weather comfort food

Started by Laerka
Views: 918 Posts: 4

2004-10-25 10:14 AM autumn

where do you get your food?

Started by autumn
Views: 1053 Posts: 10

2004-11-13 5:33 PM coredump

Favorite Training Foods

Started by Motivated
Views: 1411 Posts: 14

2004-12-04 8:41 PM harmony

REPULSED BY FOOD 2

Started by ford5683
Views: 1761 Posts: 8

2004-03-10 3:11 PM katfan97
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 7, 2008
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
The suggestions guide you towards an eating style that's simple and practical, yet can effectively help you eat well to perform well, despite today’s bewildering food environment.

date : April 18, 2005
comments : 0
The following is a sneak peak at Nancy Clark’s upcoming book on endurance nutrition - The Cyclist’s Food Guide: Fueling for the Distance
date : April 17, 2005
author : bflrich
There will always be something else to do, your goal is to find a time when there usually isn't something better to do.

date : February 13, 2005
Wiser athletes treat food as fuel; they knowledgeably fuel before, during and after exercise. They get more out of their workouts and prevent needless fatigue.
date : January 24, 2005
author : BrianPBN
As every veteran athlete can attest, a non-existent or ill planned ‘race meal plan’ will leave you falling far short of your goals or even worse, in the medical tent.

date : January 24, 2005
comments : 1
You know what you should eat. Yet you just don’t want to. Yuck—whole wheat bread, bran cereal, oatmeal, skim milk, spinach, fish, fruit for snacks and desserts.
date : January 10, 2005
Eating for Endurance: Strategies for Extraordinary Athletes

date : November 14, 2004
In this day and age of energy bars, protein powders and weight gain shakes, many athletes forget about “real" foods such as peanut butter. Peanut butter is perhaps the best sport food around.