Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Woman found after 6 years after she died in her house Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-03-08 12:22 AM

User image

Veteran
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Subject: Woman found after 6 years after she died in her house

I found this crazy.  I mean I can understand those that keep to them selves but still.... you would think someone would have said something. 

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/07/us/michigan-mummified-body-found/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

2014-03-08 12:28 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: Woman found after 6 years after she died in her house

I haven't read it because I wanted to guess at it first.  I think in an urban environment, that just couldn't happen.  Mail collects (even if it's junk mail).  Bills need to be paid.  Even if the house is bought, there are power/water bills - taxes and such.  Then there is the smell for the first month I suppose.  Most of the time people have family or friends that would notice.  Maybe a church...

So I'm thinking elderly (no stretch there), but reclusive in a rural locations, introverted already, no family (or estranged)...  Maybe lived off the grid and on a well?  Man, that's about all I can think of unless it really is someone that slipped through the cracks, even though it seems impossible in this day and age.

ETA:  Read it.  I was wrong.  Wow, that's strange.  The auto bill pay makes sense.  I guess the IRS didn't care to see why no taxes were filed - no W2?  She made money at one time, but the job didn't care?  Who the hell mows someone else's lawn for SIX YEARS and doesn't care to get paid or wonder where she was?

Edited by Kido 2014-03-08 12:31 AM
2014-03-08 12:33 AM
in reply to: Kido

Originally posted by Kido

I haven't read it because I wanted to guess at it first.  I think in an urban environment, that just couldn't happen.  Mail collects (even if it's junk mail).  Bills need to be paid.  Even if the house is bought, there are power/water bills - taxes and such.  Then there is the smell for the first month I suppose.  Most of the time people have family or friends that would notice.  Maybe a church...

So I'm thinking elderly (no stretch there), but reclusive in a rural locations, introverted already, no family (or estranged)...  Maybe lived off the grid and on a well?  Man, that's about all I can think of unless it really is someone that slipped through the cracks, even though it seems impossible in this day and age.

good try, but nope. early 40s, had bills set for auto pay, the neighboring houses were all very close, new development, neighbors just thought, oh, she travels a lot, must have moved. there was a bunch of snow in the video, her body in the back seat in the garage. you'd think her job, family, somebody would notice, or even the neighbors upset that she doesn't shovel the snow or mow the lawn. didn't happen. disturbing
2014-03-08 9:41 AM
in reply to: Justin86

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Justin86

I found this crazy.  I mean I can understand those that keep to them selves but still.... you would think someone would have said something. 

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/07/us/michigan-mummified-body-found/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

It is weird that the first thing I thought of when I saw it was in Michigan was "GO BLUE."

2014-03-08 11:11 AM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly

It is weird that the first thing I thought of when I saw it was in Michigan was "GO BLUE."

Maybe?  You were really set up though...

Damn, what's going on with your life that nobody tries to find out where you've been for six years?

What's up with the neighbors?  That's just odd.  I've probably lived in twenty different neighborhoods in my lifetime (3 countries and five states) and I can't imagine something like that going on for 6 months, let alone years.

2014-03-08 11:27 AM

User image

I wonder how many times the lady voted lately.

2014-03-08 11:33 AM
in reply to: gotbitten

User image

Pro

Originally posted by gotbitten

good try, but nope. early 40s, had bills set for auto pay, the neighboring houses were all very close, new development, neighbors just thought, oh, she travels a lot, must have moved. there was a bunch of snow in the video, her body in the back seat in the garage. you'd think her job, family, somebody would notice, or even the neighbors upset that she doesn't shovel the snow or mow the lawn. didn't happen. disturbing

You wonder if someone's knocked on her door to address things like the lawn or the snow, but didn't get an answer and gave up after a few tries.

I've had jobs where if you were AWOL for 3 days, you were terminated immediately. I bet money that if I disappeared, there'd be a few half-azzed attempts by the employer to contact me, and then they'd just move on.

2014-03-08 4:53 PM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Extreme Veteran
Silicon Valley
Originally posted by DanielG

I wonder how many times the lady voted lately.

No your mistaken, she lived in MI not Chicago!

2014-03-08 5:08 PM

User image

First of all, I am jealous of anyone that has 6 years of money for bills in their bank account.

Secondly, This is just so sad. She must have had such a lonely life.

Bizarre.
2014-03-08 10:39 PM
in reply to: Dolcezza

Originally posted by Dolcezza

First of all, I am jealous of anyone that has 6 years of money for bills in their bank account.

Bizarre.

ok, I thought that too. six years of a mortgage? well, perhaps 5 as they were foreclosing at year six. she was making bank, but at what cost? and dead in the back seat? what's up with that?
2014-03-09 3:28 AM

User image

ok, I thought that too. six years of a mortgage? well, perhaps 5 as they were foreclosing at year six. she was making bank, but at what cost? and dead in the back seat? what's up with that?

agree... suicide or foul play???

2014-03-09 5:46 AM

User image

ETA:  Read it.  I was wrong.  Wow, that's strange.  The auto bill pay makes sense.  I guess the IRS didn't care to see why no taxes were filed - no W2?  She made money at one time, but the job didn't care?  Who the hell mows someone else's lawn for SIX YEARS and doesn't care to get paid or wonder where she was?

It kind of makes me wonder if the guy mowing the lawn was also getting the mail, to cover it up.... he probably helped her set her bills up on autopay also..... It grosses me out. The body was mummified but the skin was still intact, for 6 years the skin didn't decompose? How does that happen? That is weird (and gross) to me, and I am a forensic nurse! ugh!
2014-03-09 9:00 AM
in reply to: Dolcezza

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

That could totally happen to me.  There is no one looking for me to come home at night. Work would get pissed off if I were on call and did not respond.   My parents would raise a fuss if they didn't hear from me for a week tho. 

2014-03-09 10:01 AM
in reply to: Socks

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2014-03-09 11:16 AM

Pro

Originally posted by Dolcezza First of all, I am jealous of anyone that has 6 years of money for bills in their bank account. Bizarre.

Suicide.

2014-03-09 2:44 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

Sensei
Sin City
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by Dolcezza First of all, I am jealous of anyone that has 6 years of money for bills in their bank account. Bizarre.

Suicide.

I thought that too. I bet the car had no gas in it...

2014-03-09 2:55 PM

Pro

Suicide.

I thought that too. I bet the car had no gas in it...

yeah, it's actually a pretty common way to kill yourself.  It's not common to be unfound for that long....but months is not near out of the ordinary.

2014-03-10 3:25 PM
in reply to: Socks

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by Socks

That could totally happen to me.  There is no one looking for me to come home at night. Work would get pissed off if I were on call and did not respond.   My parents would raise a fuss if they didn't hear from me for a week tho. 

And your fiancee would wonder why you hadn't called, sent a text message, etc.! He would raise a fuss too I'm sure! 

2014-03-10 3:37 PM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

Elite
Cleveland

Ummm, yes.  Everybody knows that state up north SUCKS.

2014-03-10 4:13 PM
in reply to: cgregg

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by cgregg

If Cleveland died, would anybody really notice?
2014-03-10 4:14 PM
in reply to: KSH

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

Originally posted by KSH

Originally posted by Socks

And your fiancee would wonder why you hadn't called, sent a text message, etc.! He would raise a fuss too I'm sure! 

He would probably contact the ex first...

2014-03-10 4:17 PM
in reply to: mr2tony

Pro

Originally posted by mr2tony

So far, nobody has.

2014-03-10 4:18 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

Champion
Chicago

So far, nobody has.

LB, for the win.
2014-03-11 3:15 PM
in reply to: mr2tony

Champion
Chicago
2014-03-12 6:06 AM
in reply to: 0

Annnnnd as if on cue ...

http://woodtv.com/2014/03/11/records-raise-questions-on-mummified-b...

Who didn't think it was possible when I posted it?

http://www.freep.com/article/20140311/NEWS03/303110031/Mummified-wo...
New mystery in Pontiac: How could mummified body vote in 2010?

Voting records in Oakland County show Farrenkopf, who has not been positively identified by the Medical Examiner’s Office, is shown as voting in the November 2010 gubernatorial election.

Yeah, I'm sure the county is saying it might be an administrative error, wouldn't you?

Edited by DanielG 2014-03-12 6:07 AM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Woman found after 6 years after she died in her house Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Find a cure or die trying

Started by dlb3830
Views: 577 Posts: 1

2008-03-07 5:48 PM dlb3830

She's black and she's beautiful

Started by run4yrlif
Views: 763 Posts: 9

2007-06-29 3:52 PM Tania

man found frozen to pavement dies

Started by autumn
Views: 1036 Posts: 18

2007-02-27 9:38 AM autumn

Suspicious package found at White House

Started by CalgaryRunner
Views: 712 Posts: 7

2006-03-22 5:16 PM autumn

30 Years ago, Steve Prefontaine died

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 1211 Posts: 6

2005-06-08 7:27 PM ASA22
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 6, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
The pros and cons of training with a group or training partner

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : October 4, 2007
author : R_Laberje
comments : 14
Humorous short story about giving up feminine luxuries for the triathlon fitness lifestyle.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.