General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Clubs in Nashville Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-10 5:10 PM

User image

New user
Nashville, TN
Subject: Tri Clubs in Nashville
I live in West Nashville, and currently do almost all of my training solo. I've been thinking about joining a tri club, partly for some group training options and partly to actually meet some triathletes in the area.

I think that the Nashville Tri Club and the Trace Bikes Tri Team would be the two closest to me, but I couldn't find very much info about what they actually do as teams. It looks like NTC does group rides at R.B.'s Cyclery in Franklin, while I would assume the Trace team does the Trace group rides that are open to the public. And I know NTC did some OWS clinics last year, also open to the public. Do they do anything else as a group? Would trying out the two group rides be a good comparison of clubs? Or can anyone tell me more about either of them? Thanks!

2014-03-11 11:06 AM
in reply to: morsebj

User image

Master
Nashville, TN
Subject: RE: Tri Clubs in Nashville
welcome, i would email them or get on their google group, also look into beat (brentwood endurance athletes)
also of group rides, runs and swims in the summer
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Clubs in Nashville Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Recommendations for Nashville area Tri Clubs?

Started by jkintn
Views: 1224 Posts: 5

2012-07-01 10:27 PM dbrawders

Nashville Triathlon Club

Started by robert.a.phifer
Views: 3538 Posts: 14

2010-06-08 7:04 PM orange223

Nashville Triathlon Club (GNAC)

Started by orange223
Views: 9660 Posts: 19

2009-11-10 3:50 PM pole_dancer

Moving to Nashville: Need help finding a club and good tri shop

Started by AndrewMT
Views: 2280 Posts: 8

2009-02-26 4:33 PM Blueraiderzone

Nashville Tri this weekend Sept 11th

Started by golfinggods
Views: 1116 Posts: 1

2005-09-06 4:36 PM golfinggods
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 22, 2012
author : MultisportWorld
comments : 0
A panel of four triathlon coaches answers questions from the beginner to the Iron distance triathlete.

date : September 6, 2011
author : alicefoeller
The pros and cons of training with a group or training partner
date : August 14, 2009
author : Oakley
In this Oakley Armchair Session, British triathlete Tim Don talks about the importance of triathlon clubs for your training.

date : December 17, 2007
author : Diane1961
comments : 2
The Monday after the race, I go to my health club for my first Pilates class in six years. I look like the fittest person here. Fortunately, I don’t mention to anyone that I’m a triathlete.
date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.

date : January 1, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
Inclusion is the key, with elements of the ride fulfilling the training and social needs of 95% of the membership. We have found that course selection, leadership have been the keys.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.

date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.