General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Meb Keflezighi & Skechers Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-05-03 6:13 AM

User image

Camden, NC
Subject: Meb Keflezighi & Skechers
Congrats to Meb on his Boston victory! I guess those Skechers have a little more pull in their marketing now. I went and tried some on and they really felt great and are definitely light. I have been running in Nike Free shoes of late training for IM MD, but thinking I may try the Skechers. Anybody out there had any positive or negative experiences with these shoes yet?

2014-05-03 1:40 PM
in reply to: HercDriver

User image

Extreme Veteran
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Subject: RE: Meb Keflezighi & Skechers
I haven't run in Sketchers yet but may consider them when the Meb Run racing shoe comes out, there is a Sketchers store in the local mall. There was a good article in the NY Times last week about the Sketchers athletic line. From what was in the article Sketchers is all in when it comes to running shoes, rather than just coming out with a shoe to meet the running boom they spent a lot of money on R & D and testing before releasing their shoes.

2014-05-04 6:46 AM
in reply to: rick4657

User image

Camden, NC
Been hearing about the focus on R and D from them as well. They have a great feel to them in the store and feel awesome. Didn't realize the Meb racing shoe was yet to come out, I will look for those.
2014-05-05 3:43 PM
in reply to: HercDriver

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

I've been testing Skechers Go- line for a couple years now, and yes, they are legit. I know that at least one of the key designers on the Go Run came out of the Nike Free team. Any similarities are NOT purely coincidental. Anyway, I've tried several, and really have found them to be a very responsive design team to deal with. Like a small, nimble company supported with big money. Good shoes, nice and light-weight, and pretty durable.

And no, I'm not paid to have a positive opinion, I've just liked their shoes.

2014-05-05 4:04 PM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Seattle

And now Kara, too.

Yeah, I have run in them and think they are a fantastic shoe. Like any shoe in general, it is of course going to depend on what works for you. But I don't believe them to be lesser than any other player in the running shoe world. I think we can forgive them for the shape-ups by now

2014-05-08 8:27 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

New user
Green Bay, WI
I bought a pair. They are ridiculously comfortable and super light. However personally I don't care to run in them. I think because I've always run in a shoe with more support. I am also 220 so probably should be in a more supportive shoe. I would still highly recommend them if you like a lighter softer shoe.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Meb Keflezighi & Skechers Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Skechers Go Bionic

Started by briderdt
Views: 2520 Posts: 3

2012-03-28 7:33 AM briderdt