United States
Virginia Capital Trail Foundation
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 49m 32s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Got up early and had pnut butter toast on wheat bread and a banana. Got to the race site about an hour early so I could check out my bike. I had to reattach the saddle to the seatpost the night before and it was a pain in the neck. Seat height and set back was good but the bolt in back was loose so I took it over to the Agees mechanic and he tightened it down good.
Bike
  • 2h 48m 34s
  • 50 miles
  • 17.80 mile/hr
Comments:

Skipped the 12 mile pit stop and rode on until I reached 25 miles. at about 20 miles I fell in with a nice paceline and rode off the back for the last 5 miles.

Rejoined the paceline when they left the pit stop. The riding was good for a while but the group fell apart when some stopped at the 3 pit stop. I had a long swig from my bottle of half powerade/half water and ate an apple cinnamon gu I had stashed in my pocket.

At about 40 miles I started to get slow and could tell that my legs were starting to tire. Rode behind 2 guys for a couple of miles at around 20mph and then had to slow down.

Rode on my own for a couple of more miles in the aero position until a couple of guys from the original paceline came by and I latched on for the last few miles.
Post race
Warm down:

Left my bike with the valet, which was nice, and got my free beer (Shocktop wheat ale). It hit the spot. Got in line for the BBQ and ate alone. After eating I went and found my bike in the racks and left for home.

Event comments:

This is a pretty good race. They are raising money for the CAP2CAP trail which is great for me and the whole family. We have ridden the Chickahominy to Jamestown loop and will probably ride the Charles City CH loop soon.

Last updated: 2014-05-10 12:00 AM
Biking
02:48:34 | 50 miles | 17.80 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: Loop from Rocketts Landing in Richmond out to the east and southeast toward Williamsburg. Very pretty scenery and a couple of short but very steep hills.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2014-05-10 3:37 PM

User image

Veteran
Richmond VA area
Subject: Cap2Cap Ride

2014-05-10 3:42 PM
in reply to: #4994466

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
Subject: RE: Cap2Cap Ride

Speedy ride for that one!  It can be hard to get in with the right speed of group with how thick it is at the start.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Cap2Cap Ride Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Cap2Cap Ride

Started by RecTri
Views: 644 Posts: 1

2013-05-15 12:13 PM RecTri

Cap2Cap Ride

Started by enders_shadow
Views: 1365 Posts: 8

2013-05-14 3:02 PM jmkizer

Cap2Cap Ride

Started by miche033
Views: 880 Posts: 3

2013-05-13 11:16 AM Artemis

Rosarito to Ensenada 50 mile bike ride

Started by joker70
Views: 967 Posts: 1

2005-06-14 11:27 PM joker70

Elephant Rock Ride

Started by rotorgeek
Views: 786 Posts: 3

2005-06-06 4:35 PM COgirl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 14, 2011
author : Troy Jacobson
comments : 0
What is the difference between a recovery ride and junk miles?

date : January 27, 2011
author : Mark Sunderland
The no-excuses guide to riding outdoors in snow, wind, ice and darkness. Bring it on!
date : December 15, 2008
author : FitWerx
I own both a road bike and a tri bike. I am wondering which bike I should be riding during off season training, or does it matter?

date : July 8, 2008
author : Writebrained
comments : 10
Riding Zen means nothing more than being keenly aware of your surroundings and in control of your emotional state at all times. It also means riding safe and riding smart.
date : November 6, 2006
author : Terese Luikens
Over this next month I will be learning more about my bike each time I take it out to ride. I want to take full advantage of what it has to offer.

date : June 5, 2006
author : Ontherun
A few months back I wrote an article about buying your next bike. Well now I have done it and wish to share my experience and choice with you.
date : January 29, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
The most valuable thing you can do for your endurance training is to schedule a weekly 2-4hr long ride from now until the end of time. Simply make this “what you do” every Saturday or Sunday morning.

date : January 1, 2006
author : AMSSM
I read an article that this type of pain comes from straining the neck, especially from riding a road bike. What can you tell me about this type of injury?