Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2014-05-29 4:47 PM
in reply to: thebigb

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Crossfit

Originally posted by thebigb

I'll take the credit for taking a typical CF thread off its usual doomed path and rerouting it to intelligent, educated conversation. *pats back*

Pink font

Don't get too smug.......I can fix that. 

2014-05-29 6:14 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ

Originally posted by Left Brain

I'll take the credit for taking a typical CF thread off its usual doomed path and rerouting it to intelligent, educated conversation. *pats back*

Pink font

Hahahaha :P 

2014-05-29 6:58 PM

Pink font

I heard 1 in 7 cross fitters on on PEDs.
2014-05-30 7:37 AM
in reply to: bcagle25

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by bcagle25  It can be 100% attributed but think of it like doing a cleanse. You ride your body of all the "toxins" then you start to bring in foods again slowly to find what is causing harm to your body (BTW people often misunderstand the goal of body cleansing) so you can eliminate that and introduce helpful foods. In this case it was similar, revamp the training and slowly add in modalities that help improve training and take away the ones that didn't. In this case the high volume was developing too much fatigue, and their body was needing some strength. Did the combination found directly contribute to it, not possible to tell, but it sure seems that way. Never said it was an all or nothing, and it does not take loads of exercises. Class I had yesterday of 10 (7 triathletes) that main work was a rep 4x of 4 exercises, lots of mobility/core/foam roll to warmup as well. But yes it depends on the goals, not all triathletes need it, some more then others, etc. Do open hip exercises, here are a FEW since you asked Turkish Get-Ups, only need to do half Bulgarian split squats - unilateral, hip opening, hamstring strengthening, Deadlifts - hip opening, improves SSC Some plyos - improves SSC, maintains elasticity in legs

The parts on mobility and such are becoming a much better answer as they're giving things to look for. CF (and other things) are so diverse that many would probably need a little assistance in narrowing it down a bit. Not necessarily diagnosing every problem, but at least getting a general idea of some common things to check out. Or to ask the CF instructor to help figure things out. I don't think it was intended to be black & white, but where it came across as such to me was with a question like "Should I do CF" or "Will CF help me" and responding "yes" because they'll have exercises x,y,z plus others in there. They may or may not include such activities. Some might see it as semantics, but I see a significant difference in saying it's ok to check out the program to see if they'll work on said x,y, z aspects as opposed to walking in and doing whatever the CF instructor has. That doesn't seem any better than rolling the dice whereas the former will help people in developing more appropriate goals.

2014-05-30 8:02 AM
in reply to: bcagle25

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by bcagle25

Yup, right on and you can still get in strength work, its all about where diminishing returns are found.

How can an athlete up his volume from 10-12k to 25-30k and add in strength work. Yup it can be do and the example falls under the average triathlete

Ben, since you seem to know something about crossfit

First of all, I hope I don't get this wrong, I know 0 about crossfit, but I am sensing crossfit is a form of strength training ?

What is your measure of when someone should consider this ? Injury history, volume ....? When do you say to someone, hey, maybe you should consider this
2014-05-30 8:06 AM
in reply to: Sidney Porter

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by Sidney Porter

Pink font

Seriously though, look at the females (and males) in the "crossfit games" all roided out.

2014-05-30 8:14 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro

Originally posted by dmiller5

Pink font

Seriously though, look at the females (and males) in the "crossfit games" all roided out.

You'll never win crossfit.

2014-05-30 8:16 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Pink font

I cry myself to sleep every night

2014-05-30 9:05 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Pink font

Harsh!  What if you're on Sudafed?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Crossfit Rss Feed  

of 4