General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I Love The Tavern Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-06-18 3:16 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: I Love The Tavern Triathlon : Official Thread
Hello racers!
The annual summer favorite is getting close: I Love The Tavern on Sunday June 29th is held at Robious Landing Park. The 650m downriver swim is perfect for first time open-water swimmers. The 18.8mile bike is long for a sprint and though mostly easy rolling hills, earns you bragging rights for conquering The Hill at the turnaround. The run is 70% shaded park trail and a great mental departure from straight roads.

The race is over 90% capacity and online registration will close 8pm Wednesday June 25th. Register while there's still open slots!

Visit the race page here for more info and to register: http://www.richmondmultisports.com/i-love-the-tavern-triathlon.htm

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have!

2014-06-23 6:58 AM
in reply to: H20man

User image

Veteran
Richmond VA area
Subject: RE: I Love The Tavern Triathlon : Official Thread
Anyone else racing I Love the Tavern?
2014-06-23 8:57 AM
in reply to: RecTri

User image

Extreme Veteran
Virginny

I'm in! Haven't trained too much, but should be fun nonetheless!

2014-06-23 9:00 AM

New user

Chesterfield, VA
I'm doing it, and really looking forward to it. I have wanted to do this race since I moved to Richmond but always had other things going on that weekend. Looks like it'll be a pretty big turn out which is always a lot of fun.
2014-06-23 9:35 AM
in reply to: pughml

User image

Veteran
Richmond VA area
Originally posted by pughml

I'm doing it, and really looking forward to it. I have wanted to do this race since I moved to Richmond but always had other things going on that weekend. Looks like it'll be a pretty big turn out which is always a lot of fun.

You will love it. The Tavern is my favorite race in Richmond and it must be for others also since it is usually sold out. The swim is a little too easy now that it is all downstream but the bike is great and running the trails is a blast.

See you on the race course.
2014-06-23 10:07 AM

New user

Chesterfield, VA
Downriver swim and a run on trails sounds like a great combo to me haha...see you out there

2014-06-25 11:43 AM
in reply to: pughml

User image

Regular
Subject: Tavern Tri Registration Closes tonight 8pm!
Yes, expect an extremely fast swim. I swam on Monday, up from the floating dock to the ramp at the end of the park in 16 minutes, and then back... in only 6.

Dan's right, this race is a frequent sold-out event, and this year will be no different. Online registration closes at 8pm... get in before it's too late!

http://www.richmondmultisports.com/i-love-the-tavern-triathlon.htm
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I Love The Tavern Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

I Love the Tavern : Official Thread Pages: 1 2

Started by RecTri
Views: 4342 Posts: 29

2011-06-27 8:32 AM mwhitely

I Love the Tavern : Official Thread Pages: 1 2 3

Started by RecTri
Views: 5824 Posts: 58

2010-06-28 10:47 AM RecTri

I love the Tavern sprint

Started by markdills38
Views: 2077 Posts: 18

2010-03-19 8:24 AM meherczeg

I Love the Tavern : Official Thread Pages: 1 2 3

Started by RecTri
Views: 5771 Posts: 60

2009-06-29 6:47 PM QueenZipp

I Love the Tavern Tri

Started by mwhitely
Views: 1290 Posts: 8

2008-06-28 6:30 PM zipp1
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 21, 2012
author : sbkass
comments : 8
I am not suggesting that I have turned into Aquaman or have grown gills or that I am a really great swimmer. I am none of those. But I have learned to love the swim.

date : January 5, 2009
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
As a sports dietitian, I spend too many hours helping my clients find peace with their bodies. So what can you do if you are discontent with your body?
date : December 22, 2008
author : ecnefoop
comments : 9
I had been very fit until I turned the legal age for the two demons: drinking and smoking. Unfortunately, from my 18th birthday, my once fit swimmer's body went downhill and wide very fast.

date : July 2, 2006
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
Gut check! Striking a balance between your two loves can make and keep the relationship strong.
date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw:

date : February 28, 2005
author : trithis
comments : 1
Triathletes taking the opportunity to reconginze the support of their family, friends and the love of their sports