of 2

2014-06-22 7:14 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Props for Frontier Airline

Originally posted by Left Brain

BUT.....for my kids sake, a lie is a lie.....we're not working on technicalities. I'm their dad......I'm not teaching them to lie.

Thank you for this.

2014-06-30 1:44 PM

User image

Hi all. I just flew on Frontier to Denver this past weekend and thought I'd share my experience. Just thought I'd note that since the original post, Frontier has changed their policies on bikes (which I learned at the checkin counter), and now charge for them (along with charging for everything else including choosing your own seat, carry ons, and everything else they possibly could). While the bike fee isn't too steep, it's $75 each way, and they'll charge it regardless of what case you have. I have a Hen House and debated with them unsuccessfully about the size and weight limits falling within range. Their policy is that if it's a bike it's $75. I tried to argue that since the wheels were in a separate bag that it was not a "full" bike, and their response was comical if not sad. They proposed to charge me for the bike AND a second bag. I got away with just the bike fee. I learned after the fact that even though the base fare is cheaper for Frontier, net of everything I could have flown cheaper and with less hassle with Southwest. I'm doing that from now on!
2014-06-30 4:56 PM
in reply to: adamchill

User image

Pro

Originally posted by adamchill Hi all. I just flew on Frontier to Denver this past weekend and thought I'd share my experience. Just thought I'd note that since the original post, Frontier has changed their policies on bikes (which I learned at the checkin counter), and now charge for them (along with charging for everything else including choosing your own seat, carry ons, and everything else they possibly could). While the bike fee isn't too steep, it's $75 each way, and they'll charge it regardless of what case you have. I have a Hen House and debated with them unsuccessfully about the size and weight limits falling within range. Their policy is that if it's a bike it's $75. I tried to argue that since the wheels were in a separate bag that it was not a "full" bike, and their response was comical if not sad. They proposed to charge me for the bike AND a second bag. I got away with just the bike fee. I learned after the fact that even though the base fare is cheaper for Frontier, net of everything I could have flown cheaper and with less hassle with Southwest. I'm doing that from now on!

Where did you fly out of?  That can make a HUGE difference on bike fares.

2014-06-30 7:36 PM

User image

I flew from Orange County to Denver without incident (only the two bag fees), but the bike fee was applied on a flight from Denver to Orange County. I believe that's their hub so that may have something to do with it (maybe their policy is stricter there, or the check in agents were just having a bad day and wanted to take it out on someone, who knows?).
2014-06-30 7:51 PM
in reply to: adamchill

User image

Pro

Originally posted by adamchill I flew from Orange County to Denver without incident (only the two bag fees), but the bike fee was applied on a flight from Denver to Orange County. I believe that's their hub so that may have something to do with it (maybe their policy is stricter there, or the check in agents were just having a bad day and wanted to take it out on someone, who knows?).

Yeah, we have had to layover in Denver but never originated there.....we've never been charged a bike fee with them, but I know their written policy is 75.00.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Props for Frontier Airline Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

FYI: Frontier Airline - Bikes are now included in standard baggage allowance

Started by SHLD2005
Views: 1228 Posts: 7

2011-04-14 11:16 AM InnerAthlete

Props for Garmin Customer Support

Started by bshehan
Views: 639 Posts: 5

2007-04-18 8:30 PM bshehan