General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Minnetonka Tri 2014 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-06-19 7:57 AM

User image

New user
Chanhassen
Subject: Lake Minnetonka Tri 2014
I've been off BT for a while, but I did some searching, and couldn't find a thread to this weekend's race! I was shocked, considering they had to close the beach due to that whole "sewage" issue- I thought there would at least be some chatter about that!! As I sit here this morning, listening to the POURING rain, I can't imagine this won't happen again before Saturday?! Or if the high water is going to be a problem?!

Anwyay, who's doing this race? Anyone? I've had a lack of interest in training, so I'll be grumbling the whole way through. I rode the bike course last week, and it was painful. I forgot how much I hate those hills on Lake Lucy Road.

Someone get me excited about this race...please?!

2014-06-19 12:40 PM
in reply to: Dandy_Girl

User image

Elite
Minnetonka
Subject: RE: Lake Minnetonka Tri 2014
I'll be excited to see you, but not excited to race! I have put zero training in beside a few bike rides. No swimming, no running.. It will still be fun though! if it is thunder booming in the morning, I'm going to sit this one out...
2014-06-19 11:15 PM
in reply to: Dandy_Girl

User image

Veteran
Maple Grove

Originally posted by Dandy_Girl I've been off BT for a while, but I did some searching, and couldn't find a thread to this weekend's race! I was shocked, considering they had to close the beach due to that whole "sewage" issue- I thought there would at least be some chatter about that!! As I sit here this morning, listening to the POURING rain, I can't imagine this won't happen again before Saturday?! Or if the high water is going to be a problem?! Anwyay, who's doing this race? Anyone? I've had a lack of interest in training, so I'll be grumbling the whole way through. I rode the bike course last week, and it was painful. I forgot how much I hate those hills on Lake Lucy Road. Someone get me excited about this race...please?!

Well...you'll be able to float over most of those rocks on the way out of the water this year! The sewage discharge was on the opposite end of the lake and not necessarily directly upstream from excelsior.  The bacteria levels at the Mound end of the lake have returned to normal for this time of year, and I don't know that they ever went up that much at the race site. The water was tested in Excelsior on Monday and was OK. Of note, the water level hit an all-time high today since recordings began in the early 1900s, which is rather incredible to think of. Reminds me of the LTF tri last year when they had to cancel the Oly race because the second portion of the bike had water across the road after massive storms the night before. Probably would be the same if it were held today or tomorrow. 

Good luck to everyone!

2014-06-23 10:25 AM
in reply to: rdailey1

User image

Elite
Minnetonka
I had a pretty slow race, but an awesome time and a spectacular finishing sprint! Good to see a few of you out there. The swim exit was great (No rocks this year).
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Minnetonka Tri 2014 Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Chisago Lake Half Ironman, MN 2014 Official Thread Pages: 1 2 3

Started by jrensink78
Views: 4406 Posts: 51

2014-07-31 11:48 AM midwesttrimom

Lake Minnetonka Tri

Started by mndiver
Views: 2703 Posts: 23

2012-12-27 7:01 PM Cindy63

Lake Minnetonka Tri Pages: 1 2

Started by SoberTriGuy
Views: 2325 Posts: 26

2012-06-19 3:44 PM SoberTriGuy

Lake Minnetonka Tri

Started by Hazelmn
Views: 2672 Posts: 25

2009-06-21 9:47 AM AcesFull

Anyone seen a 2007 Lake Minnetonka Tri Date?

Started by Hazelmn
Views: 771 Posts: 3

2007-01-04 12:15 PM Hazelmn
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 4, 2010
author : alex jb
comments : 0
The triathlon made a lot of sense as I could fit the training around early mornings and other times that wouldn't eat too much into my family time. Things never go completely to plan do they?

date : February 5, 2010
author : CavalloHJ
comments : 5
I found a sprint, the Lake Las Vegas Triathlon, that was happening four months down the road and signed myself up; much to the surprise of friends and family.
date : July 12, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
I have Bontrager Race Lite wheels. I was looking into renting Zipp 303's or 404's for race day for Ironman Lake Placid. What time will I save?

date : September 24, 2008
author : Amy Kuitse
I am running Boston in April and Ironman Lake Placid is in July. I have been told that it is ambitious to think about doing an IM so close to a marathon due to the recovery time. Any suggestions?
date : August 10, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
The first time I ventured into the deep murky green lake and could not see the bottom my muscles tensed and my imagined fears surfaced. What exactly lies beneath?

date : January 7, 2007
author : Writebrained
Both the Lake Triathlon Shoe CX210TRI and the Lake Road Shoe CX225 offer distinct advantages. I tested both shoes and found them to be extremely comfortable, good looking and durable.
date : December 31, 2006
author : TriSquirrel
A description of my experiences during my first triathlon. It was a great experience. I’m in better shape than I’ve ever been.

date : July 30, 2006
author : mhan22
If you are calm while everyone around you is losing it, you probably don’t know what the hell is going on.