General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Do you wear your trisuit for training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2018-03-06 12:53 PM
in reply to: jsrsy

Subject: RE: Do you wear your trisuit for training
Wore mine once for a long OWS and a goodly run afterwards.
Wore it once on a long ride.
Didn't have any problems, so I went back to my regular ugly bike wear for riding and my Ranger panties when running....assuming it was warm enough.

When it's cold? I'm a big fan of tights. I love wearing tights. Not sure why. I can explain why I like the Ranger panties. Pure comfort.
Tights? I guess, all I can say is they don't brush against my calves like sweatpants would. Otherwise, I just like wearing them. I know, I know...I could get some of those skinny jean type sweatpants, but I'm not a skinny jean type guy. Then again, I'm not a tights kinda guy, but I don't let that stop me.

I probably shouldn't admit all this, but there ya go.

2018-06-25 6:34 AM
in reply to: #5016848

I would try it swiming, biking and running a trial triathlon

After that I would save it for Rachel fb only
2018-06-25 9:26 AM

User image

Cypress, Texas

Originally posted by jsrsy I am curious how often other people wear their racing suit for training to get used to it and find out if there are any problems. I just got a new trisuit which seems really comfortable, but I know from past experience that that can change when you get 3 hours into a race. I wear my triathlon suit some for training on the bike but I just cant bring my self to wear it running or swim training. I am just too self conscious I guess to wear it anywhere other than at races.

Well...I got a Under Armour Compression Shirt and Speedo Jammer swim trunks the night before my first sprint triathlon in 2008.  ten years later that is still the only two pieces of cycling apparel that I own.  I wear them on almost every ride that I do. 

I did however get a Project Rudy one piece tri suit before a race in 2016.  If I keep up on laundry I am fine with the Speedo/under Armour outfit for cycling.  Once in a while when I am behind on laundry I will do training on the Project Rudy tri suit. 

I also have taken the Tri suit on a few occasion just because I wanted to be fast on the bike that day in training.  I put the TT helmet on those days too.  They could be a 15 mile TT or a 60 mile endurance ride.  95% of the time the Trisuit stays home on bike rides so I can save it for race day. 

I like to do home made triathlons about 3 weeks before a big race.  I always wear all my race gear on those days to check everything out too, but again 95% of the time I don't train in the Tri Suit. 

2018-06-25 2:31 PM
in reply to: 0

*edit*

nvm. See above.
Didn't realize this was bumped.

Edited by jhaack39 2018-06-25 2:32 PM
2018-07-02 1:57 AM

I wear mine of racing
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Do you wear your trisuit for training Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Where to put my insulinpump wearing a trisuit

Started by Guggefar
Views: 1339 Posts: 8

2013-04-19 4:56 PM djastroman

For you HIM in training folks who are doing AM training

Started by agarose2000
Views: 1821 Posts: 17

2012-06-21 12:08 PM Rudedog55

Anybody wear a trisuit for a marathon?

Started by jbrookscga78
Views: 2523 Posts: 8

2012-01-16 11:00 AM Baowolf

5/3/2 trisuit vs. 5/3 trisuit

Started by walterbshaffer
Views: 951 Posts: 3

2018-06-25 10:11 AM JoelO

Training in trisuit

Started by Denise2003
Views: 1097 Posts: 6

2006-04-26 9:51 AM Marvarnett
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 19, 2010
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 0
Do you have your first triathlon coming up? This article will give you a few tips on what to wear for your triathlon.

date : November 5, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
How often should you have a bike tune up and what should be included? Is it unreasonable to expect a refitting as part of the tune up?
date : July 17, 2005
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 8
What to wear under the wetsuit? What to wear for the bike and the run? Good thing someone invented the wonderful trisuit, to which we’ve become accustomed. It’s supposed to make our lives so simple.