Australian Triathlon Forum Western Australia » Open Water Swim Coaching & Plant-Based Nutrition Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-13 2:36 PM

User image

Subject: Open Water Swim Coaching & Plant-Based Nutrition
I will be in Perth, WA from Dec 1st, 2014 to Feb 1st, 2015 available for coaching; open water swim and plant-based nutrition.

I am a competitive open water swimmer and swim coach based out of Toronto, Canada. Very passionate about swimming, specifically for open water and plant-based nutrition. This is not your local Masters team or Tri Club coached swim - 1 on 1 private coaching; you will learn and progress fast. There are secrets to fast swimming. Building my business, reputation and very successful client base. All tri/OWS levels; total beginner/novice to IM Worlds Kona. My largest nutrition client is a CDN athlete Olympic hopeful for Rio 2016 10km open water, narrowly missed London 2012. Just won a 15km race; July 12th/2014. Testimonials on my site.

LATERAL LINE: Unique sensory system of sharks that give them a strong advantage in the water...

LATERAL LINE AQUATIC TRAINING focuses on proper technique and training programs for endurance and speed in open water swimming. Learn the skills and conditioning for confidence and success in races. This includes comprehensive dryland programs sport specific to swimming faster; strength/power, flexibility/mobility, and core. The nutritional aspect is often missing from swim training/triathlon/endurance programs of all levels; LLAT has a strong focus, emphasis, knowledge and experience with 100% plant-based nutrition for performance, recovery, and overall health.

Coaching is purchased in blocks of four 1-hr private lessons. I recommend doing 1 session a week and I provide a custom designed workout with focus work/drills for you to work on through the week. I am also able to photo and video your stroke topside and U/W for immediate feedback - Go Pro Hero 3+. Clients range in age from 19 to 65, and I have coached all distances ranging from 350m to 8km.

-1 on 1 coaching: open water swimming and plant-based nutrition.
-Individualized training programs and workouts for your level to directly target and reach your goals.
-Learn proper streamline, breathing, stroke, kicking, sighting, flip-turns, open water skills, technique, and race strategy.
-Develop a strong feel for the water. You will be swimming smoother, faster and more efficiently after your first session.
-Online e-mail/Skype distance coaching is available too!

CERTIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE

-NCCP Swim Coach
-Competitive Open Water swimmer
-Vegan Athlete: 100% plant-based
-15+ years personal training, fitness and sports nutrition
-Advanced & Rescue SCUBA/Shark Diver
-NLS Lifeguard, CPR/AED & 1st Aid

CONTACT

http://www.lateral-line.org
Facebook: facebook.com/LateralLineAquaticTraining
Instagram: lateral_line

"Water responds to streamline, technique, rhythm, and power. Find your LATERAL LINE." ~Coach T
New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Western Australia » Open Water Swim Coaching & Plant-Based Nutrition Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

South of River Tri Clubs/Coaches?

Started by FierceSunBear
Views: 1621 Posts: 7

2012-02-23 5:07 PM Matthews

Busselton Jetty Swim ?

Started by LC519
Views: 1263 Posts: 1

2012-01-22 12:32 AM LC519
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : October 29, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
Triathlon swim training discussions on the pull, open water swimming all year, winter swim focus, bilateral breathing during a race and Ironman swim training in 6 weeks.
date : September 14, 2008
author : Team BT
Receive online triathlon coaching via our forums, personal coaching through an affiliated coach or nutrition coaching from our certified nutritionist.

date : July 8, 2008
author : ggwellness
comments : 11
Confessions of an open water chicken. I'm OK when the water is clear and the creatures are visible; it's just when I can't see them that the panic sets in.
date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.

date : June 6, 2006
author : marmadaddy
The DVD assumes little-to-no experience with competitive swimming and starts off in the pool citing the need to build confidence in a controlled environment.