General Discussion Triathlon Talk » AG nationals this weekend Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 9

2014-08-14 5:44 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: AG nationals this weekend

At the race, did they announce a date for 2015 Worlds ?

2014-08-14 5:46 PM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Pro

No....I saw 9/25 on ST...but can't confirm that.  Basically, that would knock most of our kids out for worlds, unless they made the big show for Jr. Elite. That just would run the season too far into XC season.

2014-08-15 4:29 PM

User image

Delco, PA

Originally posted by Left Brain

No....I saw 9/25 on ST...but can't confirm that.  Basically, that would knock most of our kids out for worlds, unless they made the big show for Jr. Elite. That just would run the season too far into XC season.

Can't say that XC would affect me, but that is very very late.  That will mess up a lot of people.  Cross country, school.

By that time I'll be in college.  If it was high school it'd be no problem, but I'm not so sure taking off three days in the very beginning of the year would go over very well.  Very odd that they wouldn't do it during the summer when many more people are free.

2014-08-15 4:53 PM
in reply to: C_Hassard

User image

Pro

Originally posted by C_Hassard

Can't say that XC would affect me, but that is very very late.  That will mess up a lot of people.  Cross country, school.

By that time I'll be in college.  If it was high school it'd be no problem, but I'm not so sure taking off three days in the very beginning of the year would go over very well.  Very odd that they wouldn't do it during the summer when many more people are free.

Not odd....it's the ITU world championship for all divisions....WTS, Jr. Elite, AG, etc.  It's the last race of the year for the ITU season.  It's actually early this year in Edmonton.

2014-08-15 5:00 PM

User image

Delco, PA

Not odd....it's the ITU world championship for all divisions....WTS, Jr. Elite, AG, etc.  It's the last race of the year for the ITU season.  It's actually early this year in Edmonton.

Ahhh that's why.  I thought it was just AG.  Makes sense now.

2014-08-15 5:05 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran

It's also better for people doing 70.3 Worlds and ITU worlds. This year they are 1 week apart. At least the Oly is first.
Next year 70.3 worlds are Aug 29th so it gives 4weeks before ITU
Not sure how it affect Kona qualifiers.

Having these races so close to each other creates problems for people trying to qualify for one or the other.

A later ITU may also allow a more popular HyVee.

Edited by marcag 2014-08-15 5:20 PM

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » AG nationals this weekend Rss Feed  

of 9

RELATED POSTS

Question: USAT AG Nationals Qualifcation

Started by rdeclercq
Views: 825 Posts: 4

2009-09-28 8:08 PM rdeclercq

AG Nationals in Tuscaloosa

Started by vic1365
Views: 680 Posts: 1

2008-12-03 8:42 AM vic1365

So who's in for AG Nationals this Saturday

Started by velocomp
Views: 1556 Posts: 13

2008-09-19 11:05 AM E=H2O

USAT AG National Championships

Started by velocomp
Views: 1739 Posts: 9

2008-08-22 11:06 AM E=H2O

AG Nationals - who's in?

Started by KenyonTri
Views: 1452 Posts: 17

2008-08-15 11:27 AM NightOwl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 9, 2013
author : MultisportWorld
comments : 0
Jarrod Shoemaker, 2012 US Elite National Champion, discusses the importance of recovery for injury prevention.

date : October 7, 2008
author : mrakes1
comments : 3
Learn how to top off your muscles with energy during your race weekend taper! Carbo-load correctly and alleviate the possibility of GI distress by choosing the correct foods and when to eat them.
date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
Don’t forget this is an incredibly big year for sport with the Olympics back in Athens where the modern Olympics started, and especially triathlon to make its second appearance.

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
How to fit in a running workout in 30 minutes or less for a busy lifestyle